“1st visit for a while”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“1st visit for a while”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Not been for a little while but Mangiamo never disappoints, great atmosphere, great food, great staff.

The 3rd round of 'happy birthday' was getting a little repetitive though..............

• Visited August 2013

“Value Italian food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Staff very friendly, atmosphere excellent, food good.
All that said, and I know many people who repeatedly go back to enjoy meals there, but I have had better meals elsewhere so won't go back.

I would still recommend you try it, many really enjoy it here.

• Visited September 2012
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Birthday Bash”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Last night I went to Mangiamos with my wife, son, daughter and her boyfriend to celebrate my 59th birthday. The owner came over and asked if we were celebrating something and I dived in quick as a flash to say no, it's just a family night out. I know what happens when they know it's a birthday celebration, the music goes up and the staff come over and get the other diners to sing happy birthday! Nicely avoided I thought. I will sing for you later says the owner, someones grassed me up, I questioned the family and all denied having told them. It soon became clear that they may not have been telling me the truth. Music up, staff and cake duly delivered to our table and the customary happy birthday was sung. I took it in my stride and duly thanked everyone for their good wishes.

My wife & I visit Mangiamos about once a week or once a fortnight, usually on a Sunday and have done so for years. If it wasn't spot on we would not keep going back. The food is always first class as are the staff and owners, we always get a warm welcome and it's almost worth going just for that. If you've never been, it's time you did, join us on a Sunday evening and judge for yourself.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Bobperrin
Accrington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly service, terrible food.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I came with a few friends last night and had the Pitta Pockets and the Calzone and Raspberry Pavlova, which at the time all tasted delicious. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere was lovely. I hadn't eaten earlier in the day due to knowing I'd be out for tea. And previously this week I'd only been having salads and soup at work due to dieting. Woke up this morning with the worst food poisoning. As you can imagine my thoughts on this place are not very high anymore.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Meg T
vass385, Owner at Mangiamo, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We are glad you wrote exactly what you had on the night like that we can obviously verify if the food you had could cause you food poisoning and the answer is not .And I will explain why .
For starters you had the pitta pockets ingredients :tuna flakes small tin (princes ) ,canellini beans small tin (la fiamante) and fresh goats cheese .For mains you had calzone which is cured ham ,cured salami and mushrooms cooked in a 320 Celsius oven .Again there never had in my 20 years as a restaurateur any food poisoning from a pizza . For desserts you had pavlova .Again meringue base bought ready made ,freshly made cream with sugar and fresh fruit . Not sure why you felt like that but we are 100% sure it's not from our food . Thanks
“Warm and welcoming.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We've been visiting Mangiamo's for many years. Lovely owner and fantastic staff who always make you feel very welcome. Great food and lovely ambience. That's why we keep coming back. :)

• Visited June 2013