“Fantastic!!! Well worth the journey”
Review of Freemasons Arms

Freemasons Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
Freemasons Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 148 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2013

After being told by my girlfriends family about this stunning hidden gem in Lancashire, We took our place up stairs on a grand table for 6 in surroundings that gave a feel of Downton Abbey. On this Sunday afternoon they had a set menu that consisted of 3 fabulous courses with the Roast beef being the headline act! The food was exquisite and was a great experience. I cannot wait to return here with the knowing that hour long journey is more than defiantly justified.

1  Thank matthewgregory1987

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I personally was recommended the freemasons at wiswell by several friends. Got to say I am becoming more and more disillusioned with these so called gastro pubs. Really pleased on entering the pub and my wife was even complimented on her dress by the young waitress but I'm afraid it went down hill from there. My mother in law ordered a dry Martini and lemonade and got Cinzano, when she went to the bar she was just told we're out of Martini (1star?) we then received our starters with the waitress passing the food directly over my wife's head (?) my daughters food was to be served with beans, none arrived, (?) . Having said that my meal was good but nothing out of the ordinary as was the other meals. The service in general was slightly unwelcoming apart from the initial compliment by the young lady, so, I won't be rushing back to the Freemasons but given some of the comments on here I seem to be in the minority so good luck with achieving your star.

5  Thank Etoetoeto
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife took me for dinner on my birthday after reding that the restaurant had been placed at No 42 in Th. good food guide top 50 Restaurants in the UK. Well if there are 41 better than this I'm on a mission.
The food was excellent all three courses extremely well presented and delightfully served by staff who knew what they were doing. Special mention for an extremely good wine waiter who explained the wine we chose brilliantly.
We will be back and I'm sure that the next time the restaurant will be in the top ten. Thank you for a great evening

Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a fabulous meal. We had the seasonal menu on a Saturday lunchtime: three courses for just under £20 and I don't think we've ever had better value. Top quality fine dining food that was delicious and I can't wait to go back, even if it is nearly an hour's drive away! Even the wine was excellent value. Lovely setting in a quaint Lancashire village and the interior design is spot on: traditional antique shabby chic furniture presented in an up-to-date way. I just wish it was nearer to me, I'd be there all the time. It's such a shame to read negative comments on here, which shows they can't be getting it right every time. If they can do it once then there's no excuse for being inconsistent. I hope they work hard to get it right. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is the second time I've treated myself to the starter menu with wine pairing and it beats all others hands down. The food is divine, the service effortlessly charming and the wine pairing bordering on genius. The sommelier's knowledge, passion and conviction are something to behold and takes the dining experience to another level. I came with friends who introduced me to this place and have eaten here many times. We travel here especially and stay overnight because it's worth it. The head chef has real talent and is supported by a team who clearly accept no compromises. The wine pairing ensures that the food and wine bring out something extra in each other in a way that even a wine simpleton like me can really appreciate. I've discovered a new joy in eating/drinking that I never thought possible. This may sound over the top but when somewhere surpasses expectation to this level and beats more well known and more expensive places hands down then I think it's justified. This experience obviously isn't cheap but worth every penny when the satisfaction level is this high. L'Enclume could learn something here!

1  Thank CarlJ7