“If you're wondering stop - book a table! It's fab.”
Review of Freemasons Arms

Freemasons Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
Freemasons Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 139 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I live about 1 mile from the Freemasons Arms, which is really lucky. The food is top notch, it will compete with the best of restaurants. The staff are attentive without being overbearing, the wine list is very good. The draught beer (local) is excellent and the atmosphere is extremely convivial.

If you like your food to be memorable (for the right reasons), your eveing to be enjoyable and relaxing I heartily recommend this restaurant. Steven Smith (Chef) knows what he's doing... You won't be dissappointed.

There are newer reviews for Freemasons Arms

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Went here on a Saturday night for a birthday. The service was excellent in speed, friendliness and politeness. We all agreed the food was delicious, and all five of us had different things. Portion sizes are perfect- I had three courses and felt really nicely satisfied, not really stuffed. I know it's a little pricier than a lot of the restaurants in the area, but the standard is just that little bit better. Will be going again- especially one lunchtime to take advantage of the excellent value seasonal menu!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We visited the freemasons for a friends birthday. First off the place is hard to find, no signs from the road and no parking!

The menu has taste combinations strange and were not to my taste, pear and Bolognase in a main?

We all had starters which were tastey if pricey. The mains were a mixed bag, one of our party had cold and raw sprouts which is really not on, he is a professional chef and he commented on the taste combinations. I had sirloin steak which was good and very well cooked.

The presentation of each course was outstanding, but wasted on me, strangely I eat food and judge on taste not how pretty it is.

Nobody had a dessert and we all settles for coffee.

The pub is full of character and great furniture.

I for one will not be back in a hurry, the main problem I had is I am not a foodie and this place caters to a more arty farty clientèle, so not for me, check the menu on their website and judge for your self. It was £80 per head incl wine.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Attentive service, extraordinary menu, uncompromised presentation and an overall exceptional experience.

Didn't give it 5 stars as we booked to go to what we thought was a pub and is clearly a fine dining restaurant, so a bit on the pricey side. Very good all the same!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Food was extremely nice, service was excellent and the price was reasonable. There isn't a car park but this is one where if you blink you will miss it so there isn't anywhere for one anyway! Definitely worth a visit.