“Fantastic food and very nice ambience!”
Review of Freemasons Arms

Freemasons Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
Freemasons Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 136 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lancashire
“Fantastic food and very nice ambience!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Food was extremely nice, service was excellent and the price was reasonable. There isn't a car park but this is one where if you blink you will miss it so there isn't anywhere for one anyway! Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited December 2011

Gisburn, United Kingdom
“Another lovely meal”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten here many times in the last few years and always enjoyed the atmosphere. In the last year the food has really got better and better and The Freemasons is now one of our favourite places. Looking forward to a chippy tea speacial over Xmas.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“An Absolute Gem of a Pub”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I visited the Freemasons in September 2012 for a family birthday and was astounded by the quality of this beautiful pub's food. I had a starter of Pork Pie and pineapple soup which I can only describe as uniquely served in a cup and saucer with a tea spoon, and did not disappoint as the taste was superb. rustic crusty bread made the experience better if at all possible. A main course of roast beef with seasonal vegetables delivered in every way. Beautifully cooked medium rare and the veg perfectly crisp but cooked to all our liking. The seasonal fruit salad and compote was equally stunning and finished the meal delightfully. I cannot recommend this wonderful little pub enough. A lovely aspect and presented quite delightfully in a rustic decor including toasty tartan blankets for sitting outside when chilly. Take me back asap.

• Visited September 2012
Manchester
“Astonishing food in the middle of nowhere!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I read about the Freemasons in the Saturday Guardian and went on line to investigate.Anywhere that serves pork pie and pineapple soup has my vote and so I booked for my wife and I to lunch there on Friday 9th November 2012 before continuing northwards to the Castle Inn Hornby(which was also positively reviewed in the same paper).But back to the Freemasons and our meal.I had the soup served in a curious cone shaped cup which contained a bright orange porridge like topping.....this was a pineapple foam on top of the soup....all delicious and fun to boot!No holds barred I then tucked into foie gras and breast of grouse...mmmmmmm!!!!Beautifully presented like a plate full of jewelled objects.My wife started with a similarly bejewelled plate of different themes on a beetroot followed by sea bass and brown shrimp butter served on brilliant green broccoli and we added some duck fat fried chips!!Puddings were vanilla slice and treacle tart,sounds a bit dull..don't you believe it..my wife thinks the vanilla slice is the number one pudding in her lifetime!!!We were driving so didn't order a bottle of wine..my wife had two glasses of chenin blanc and I had a Peroni.With a tip it came to £105 which is a lot for lunch but which was in our opinion money very well spent.The simple decor and the wonderful framed prints of hunting scenes coupled with the open plan layout further enhanced our visit.Only one minor gripe...on a miserable November day it would have been nice to have had the fires lit??

• Visited November 2012
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“10 out of 10 Time and time again !”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My partner and I have been lucky to eat out in alot of celebrated chefs restaurants . I consider myself a bit of a foodie and find the bad reviews on this place mind boggling!!!! Since the current chef has cooked behind the stoves I would say Ive eaten here upwards of 10 times and am yet to be dissappointed . I have very fond memories of the food and staff .Ive enjoyed warm summer evenings outside on the picnic tables with a glass ( or two ) of wine as well as cold winter evenings in the cosy gun room with a glass of brandy. I ate here twice last month , once was on the Indian themed game night with the head chef from the Cinnamon Club in London which was a real demonstration piece of modern Indian cooking with English game. All courses were exceptional !!!!
Some of the best dishes I've ever eaten have been in this restaurant from chefs crab gratin , pork sausage with apple tatain , partridge with kiev( v cleaver ) , grouse with blackberries and my all time favorite , foie gras with rubarb and custard , yum! The selection of desserts are well on power with the other courses too, the list goes on . I think the thing which impresses me most is the chef and Floor manager Aga aways seem to be on the front line. As much as I'd like to ,I simply cant afford to eat out all the time so when I do its a treat. I've paid five times as much in Michelin starred restaurants as you would for a meal at Freemasons and felt let down by the experience and i think Its nice to know that the chef whos food youre paying the money to eat is at least in the kitchen cooking and the restaurant manager is on the floor controlling front of house. Marco Pierre White once said , What do people think i am a magician , I dont pull rabbits out of hats ! Keep up the good work guys and I hope to be eating with yous again soon.

• Visited October 2012