“Bed and breakfast with no breakfast!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waddington Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clitheroe
Waddington Arms
Ranked #4 of 23 Clitheroe B&B and Inns
manchster
“Bed and breakfast with no breakfast!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here as we were heading to a wedding nearby. The whole hotel was booked out by the wedding. The room was decent but it was pricely for what it was £95 for a double, and you can dress it up as much as you like, it's a room above a pub.

The bathroom was spacious and the towels were fluffy. The sheets on the bed were good quality too. In room 4, where we stayed the bed was broken (look underneath).

The main issue was with breakfast. As we had gone to a wedding we had all ad a late night and went down for breakfast at 9.45am. We arrived only to be told that breakfast stops at 9.30am on a Sunday. That's right 9.30am on a Sunday. This is ridiculously early.

Consequently I asked not unreasonably, why this was the case. (no one had informed us of this at any point). I was informed that it had to be the case as the chef then had to start to prepare the Sunday lunches. I'm sorry but if I'm paying £95 for a room above a pub I expect you to work around me and not the other way around. So therefore this is why the score is so low. I informed the lady on checkout of my disappointment and nothing was done.

One to avoid.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank teacherman_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We really enjoy the Waddy Arms everytime we have been. The menu is good and a good choice for everyone. The atmosphere is always good and the staff friendly. Sit inside or if the weather is nice sit out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank MegLancashire
North West
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Had been looking forward to a meal at the Lower Buck at Waddington tonight, as we started to look for somewhere to park it became obvious that the pub was really busy. As we had not booked ( to be recommended on a weekend) we moved onto the Waddington Arms. Upon entering we realized it too was very busy. Luckily a couple sat at one of the tables moved tables for us allowing us a table for four. Our food was excellent. One of our group had the seafood platter amazing. The biggest surprise on it being a small portion of fish and chips.
The atmosphere of the pub was great and the only dog I saw was the one with us who sat under the table all evening.
I have always referred the the Lower Buck as my favourite pub but that now has a rival!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank JEJ_9
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Came here on Easter Monday for some lunch and was so dissapointed.

This pub is so lovely to look at and in a fantastic location, staff very welcoming but... Please tell me why you let so many dogs in????

Was halfway through my lunch when a family came in with dogs and sat right next to us, they smelt, were bouncing around and were barking. It really shocks me how inconsiderate dog owners can be.

I left half my lunch which i was really enjoying and quickly paid, I couldn't wait to leave!

Due to this reason we won't be returning again, it really let's such a lovely place down.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 1605soph
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

First visit here. Came for Sunday lunch with a friend . Food was absolutely delicious. The desserts were especially amazing. The cheesecake was outstanding and I don't even usually like cheesecake. The staff were also extremely friendly and welcoming and loved the decor and quirkiness off the place. Will definitely be back even if it is a bit of a trek for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank sammyjane21
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel previously under the tenure of Andrew, we had a mediocre stay when he left to run the Shireburn Arms so followed his hospitality to that establishment and enjoyed 2 or 3 good stays there, however, it never had the same attraction as the Waddy.
This in mind, we were delighted to hear he had returned to his 'roots' and taken over the reins once again.
We always like to stay in room 1 and were again not let down with this room being set to one side for us, from the clean crisp linen, to the Villeroy & Boch bathroom furniture, it always makes us feel relaxed staying in this room.
My initial dissapointment at there being no 'Waddy' real ale on this day, was soon forgotten when i realised they had Golden Sheep on instead and it didnt dissapoint.
The starters of scallops and belly pork, although tasty, was a tad bland for me but that could well have been my palate, the main course of Sea Bass atop Risotto was superb and the cheesecake proved too much and was only half consumed ! Delicious !
The wine list is good and well priced, the staff attentive and Andrew, busy, but always has time for everybody and makes eye contact with all comers.
All in all, another wonderful stay and look forward to our next one in about 6 months time when we again, require a rural retreat 2 hours drive from home !

Room Tip: Room 1 is a firm favourite, try the 'waddy' beer if its on and look at the specials board fo...