“Best Day of My Life!”
Review of Eaves Hall

Eaves Hall
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clitheroe
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had my wedding here mid September and I just wanted to write to say firstly thank you very much to all the staff and secondly encourage anyone looking on here thinking about having your wedding at Eaves hall to do it!
We were very lucky to stay here for two nights, the first night being a birthday celebration of the mother of the groom but also this allowed all of our family and friends who had traveled from all over the place to come together, relax get to know each other and also the ceremony was at 11.30am so just gave every extra time in the morning.
The day itself was fantastic!! I could not fault a single thing it was everything I have ever dreamed of and more. The food on both nights was amazing, the disco was amazing, the service amazing but the best thing I think is the building, it just took my breath away as soon as i saw it, now its not the first time a building has done this but for the first time I was not disappointed when I walked in, there were no dowdy carpets and curtains to put me off, just amazing rooms. the ceremony and reception rooms are amazing, the mirrors are beautiful and really add to the room. The bedrooms are fabulous and from what the guests said the majority have been renovated now. The grounds are amazing so many of our guest commented on what a beautiful place it was which is exactly what i was hoping!
The only hitch of the whole day was that the wedding planner did not turn in the day of my wedding, which i was not told until the day after! But I have to say with how fabulous Barry was I didn't even notice!
I think he thought I was mad when we rocked up with two cars and a van full of stuff, for my whacky ideas for favours but he listened so he understood and starting helping us unload. He was very complimentary about the ideas we had, he was very calm considering he must have been feeling the pressure, and considering how many weddings he must see I genuinely believed how sincere he was when he wished us well, and said i looked nice etc. A special thank you to Barry for looking after us so well!! also a thanks to Andrew who looks after us all well in the night time.
Breakfast was great, everyone is still talking about the wedding now and cant speak highly enough of your venue.
My only disappointment is I can't come back!
I was going to go for mitton hall as we could go back for anniversaries etc but I could not resist the charms of eaves hall but one day i hope to return for some celebration!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Vicky C
There are newer reviews for Eaves Hall

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently attended a wedding here and everything was really lovely - the venue was beautiful and the staff were very friendly - a couple of them were a little bit inexperienced and nervous, but very nice nonetheless .
The room we stayed in was beautiful, spacious and very clean. My only slight criticisms would be that the the breakfast on the second day was really cold ( maybe the chaffing trays weren't working properly ) and also on the day of the wedding I went up to my room whilst the maids were in cleaning and they had all the doors to several rooms propped open which meant that not only could everyone peer into your room, but also that all your personal possessions were open for anyone to go in and help themselves !! Admittedly all the people were staying were guests at the wedding but I don't think its good practice! But that aside it was a beautiful venue, great food for the wedding breakfast, lovely staff , and gorgeous grounds ! Would recommend it .

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Just attended our friends' wedding here. It was perfect. The venue was stunning and decor impressive. Food was fantastic and the staff went out of their way to keep everyone happy. A thoroughly enjoyable two days at Eaves Hall. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Gemma R
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for my cousin's wedding reception last weekend and it is a very nice place to stay. The gardens are big and attractive, the single bed in my room was so comfortable and the bathroom was almost the same size as the room - the shower was good and the whole place was clean and well presented. The three-course meal for the wedding was also good. The price (£63) is good value for what you get in such a lovely place. Staff friendly.

The only reason this hotel got 4 stars instead of 5 is due to the problems we had when checking in; as you walk into the entrance hall there is no sign that tells you where reception is.. we were told check-in time was 2pm but my room was not ready until 2.50pm, which meant I had to rush to get ready as the wedding started at 3.20pm. Not a massive issue but something that did let it down slightly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous venue!! Could not fault it! Food was amazing! Staff so helpful and we got allocated a fantastic room with corner spa bath! Very happy! Only thing I could say was that woke up quite cold but we were on the top floor and it is an old building! Would love to stay again!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oth111
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We attended this beautiful venue for a wedding. The building is impressive and the grounds are impeccable, beautiful for photos or for just relaxing in the sunshine. The main entrance hosted a pianist that kept us company whilst we mingled and enjoyed delicious canapés. The dining room was beautifully set up in peach and white. The food and service was excellent. Couldn't fault a thing. Even the hog roast that has been cooking all day on the terrace was delicious. Would definitely host a party of my own at this venue.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank roxyLancashire
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Attended a wedding here including an overnight stay and could not fault Eaves Hall in any way. The professional way in which they handled the wedding was first class. Food was delicious and the pre wedding breakfast canapés and fizz outdoors in the sunshine were amazing in such beautiful surroundings. The bedroom we were allocated was spacious and well appointed. A fantastic venue in every way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TripAdviserreader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clitheroe
The Old Posthouse Hotel
Foxfields Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Billington
Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel

Been to Eaves Hall? Share your experiences!