“what an experience!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Clitheroe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

What a find! On my first visit to clitheroe with my partner, we came across this quaint Alice in wonderland themed tea room, the service was quick and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and very fresh. I would recommend this to everyone and would definitely visit clitheroe just for Callooh Callay :)

2  Thank Fran S

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This tea room has great selection tea which comes in the beautiful pot.
They have hot dish like home made lamb, apple and mint pie with creamy mash, crushed and seasoned garden peas and home made onion gravy!!!! I am not a pie person, but I enjoyed it very much. They also have selection of home made cakes and cupcakes.
There is a vintage store upstair which is lovely to look around.

2  Thank ky d
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have visited this little gem of Clitheroe several times now and it never fails to impress. The selection of teas is vast - I never know which one to try! And their millionaires shortbread is amazing! Great service (always with a smile) and a quirky interior makes Callooh! Callay a relaxing and fun place to sit with friends.

2  Thank Olivia B
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Callooh! Callay is a wonderful tearoom set in Clitheroe. This warm welcoming tea room puts a modern twist on the classic afternoon tea. With a fantastic variety of teas to choose from aswell as other hot and cold drinks, this beautifully decorated tes room is the perfect setting for lunch or a light bite. The quirky interiors enhances the friendly atmosphere which is all complemented by swift, polite service. And the food is delightful and as statisfing as it says on the menu. Can't wait to visit again with my girlfriends!

3  Thank A-Lady_Bird
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having worked in Clitheroe for sometime I'd heard of the new cafe opening, and with my total love of Alice in Wonderland I just had to try it out. My first visit was with some work colleagues and I ordered the Chicken, pesto, mozzerella and tomato panini, as did my partner and we loved it - it comes with a side salad, homemade coleslaw and vegetable crisps! My friend ordered the cheese and pate board which looked amazing on a slate cake stand :) on my next visit I gave the cheese and pate board a try and I've never looked back - I used to go every weekend but now with not working in Clitheroe its my treat every now and then! Everything is amazing and I would recommend that everyone tries it :) my boyfriend loves the panini and always gets a sneaky piece of homemade rocky road (which is absoloutely delicious)! This place is all my favourite things roles into one, you will not be disappointed :)

3  Thank Jessymaher