“Two of the worst cocktails I have ever had the misfortune of trying”
Review of Maxwell's

Maxwell's
Ranked #56 of 141 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I had a cocktail which can only be described as the worst drink I have ever had - I was slightly confused when the ingredients were poured into the glass without a stir, only to try it and it was ghastly, probably would have done a great job stripping troublesome paint.

My friend ordered a mojito and it tasted what I imagine used dishwater to taste like - with pieces of mint floating around.

Truly and honestly awful - cant comment on the food but from what I could see being dished out, I don`t think I will be in a rush to sample.

1  Thank aash23

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have always loved visiting maxwells but with moving away from the area it hasn't been possible. We were back in the area last wk so we decided to call in for a morning drink. The waiter didn't even give us chance to sit down never mind read the menu before he wanted our order.
My father ordered a coffee - to which he wasn't offered any milk - and when I asked for some the girl behind the bar just looked at me like if fallen out of the sky. (Not quite sure why having milk in your coffee is soooo strange)
When I went to pay for the drinks another "lovely, polite" member of staff managed the whole transaction without even speaking to me.
I found all of the members of staff snobby and rude.
What makes this matter worse is that I emailed maxwells - and I still haven't had a response (over a week now)
I shall definitely not be returning!!!
Go to cake ole in skipton instead it's worth the drive - they couldn't have been nicer and much more polite than the staff in snobby maxwells!!!

2  Thank Meme-smiles
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We have been to Maxwells before and enjoyed it so decided to treat ourselves and go for dinner.

My fiancé and I had a cheese and bacon dough ball special for starters which was different but enjoyable then my fiancé had the pulled pork burger with fries and coleslaw and I had the pulled pork sizzler special with 2 baby corns, fries, coleslaw, cheese and 2 tortilla wraps, my god it was massive!! I must admit we could have shared it but it was soooo gorgeous.

As they have the Thursday to Sunday special of 25% off food, our bill was only £26 with 2 drinks so great value for money.

Staff are always really nice and friendly but not in your face which is great.

Will be back soon :-)

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner were looking for somewhere to eat and came across Maxwells. As my partner is gluten intolerant it is sometimes hard to find somewhere that suits. The great thing about Maxwells is that they catered for this and my partner was extremely impressed with the Haloumi sizzler. I opted for a Mexican burger and it didn't disappoint. Extremely pleasant surroundings and the staff were so attentive and pleasant. Can't recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Visited with my husband for lunch,our order was taken quickly and coffees soon arrived,but we seemed to have a long wait before our food arrived,we had finished our drinks as they were going cold,food was excellent when we got it,the service by a young man with glasses on was friendly,please get rid of the slates and bring back proper plates.