“if you looking for food in waddington GO ELSEWHERE”
Review of The Lower Buck Inn

The Lower Buck Inn
Ranked #19 of 148 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A traditional country pub, The Lower Buck is one of the oldest pubs in the Ribble Valley. The current Lower Buck dates back to 1760. With fine cask ale and homemade country pub food, served daily. The interior features four period rooms, three of which have real fires to cosy up to. The pub has a beer garden front and back. Well behaved dogs are allowed inside the pub too. Monday has a limited menu, soup and sandwiches, unless a Bank Holiday where the full menu runs all day till 8:00pm
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Visted on a weekday lunchtime with partner and father.Lovely little pub with an open fire in the back room.Very welcoming staff BUT SO SLOW !.....45 mins wait for food.My chicken was OK,chips were hard,veg poor.Partner and father had steak pudding,way too big and heavy.
We left without pudding,so disappointed.

VERY EXPENSIVE for POOR food.....shame country kitchen cafe wasn't open down the road,that's FAB

1  Thank wez c

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Whilst on holiday my husband & I visited this pub with my son, his wife and two small grandchildren. We were seated in a nice little side room with a lovely real open fire. It is not grand and pretentious, but very warm and welcoming.
The food was delicious.We had steak and Guinness pie, and fish & chips. The food was freshly made and lovely and warm.My 3 year old grand-daughter had a lovely plate of real food, not the usual rubbish served up on "children's" menus in so many other places. Desserts were gorgeous too. I don't drink beer but my husband and son said it was excellent.
We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The young barman did give us a teapot to heat the baby's bottle - but the landlord cheerily gave us a pint jug of warm water, once he'd stopped laughing.
It was lovely to be able to sit and have a conversation without music or televisions blaring. We went back again during our weeks holiday, and I would highly recommend that you visit it.

1  Thank BBAyrshire B
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Visited the Lower Buck on weekday lunchtime expecting good food and a nice pint in pleasant surroundings. Well, the pub is indeed very pleasant in a lovely location. But the rest is bad news. My friend and I had what was billed as Lancashire Hotpot. What was served was some bits of meat, which may or may not have been lamb (it was hard to tell as they were swimming in what tasted like Bisto or some other gravy mix) topped off with ultra-thin slivers of potato that had welded themselves together. Surrounding this were some carrots and a bit of cauliflower, together with chips that had been reheated so often they were dark brown and rock hard. Whatever it was, Lancashire Hotpot it most certainly wasn't. To add insult to injury, the beer was cloudy. Oh - and we were charged premium prices for this terribly disappointing experience. We shan't be going back any time soon.

1  Thank T50W
Reviewed September 30, 2012

late lunch last saturday...a warming fire, excellent timothy taylors, real food with friendly service and a view of the hills..what more could you want..a lovely pub in a lovely setting.
chris moore and friends

1  Thank chris m
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This pub and of course the lovely village, re-affirmed to me that England still exists and our countryside isn't quite yet spoilt. Excellent bar staff, quality ales and a lovely roast dinner aside a warm fire - it was a typical summers day, cold and very wet! but the greeting and setting was warm and bright.

This was exactly what I was seeking from my visit. Lancashire is full of gems and the Lower Buck really made me feel welcome. Will visit again.