“Great Food, Lovely venue and good service”

Mitton Hall Brasserie
Ranked #31 of 148 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A 15th-century manor house in rural Lancashire, Mitton Hall creates fine food using local produce. Showcasing stunning interior design, the restaurant serves rich British and European dishes, a hearty Sunday lunch, and classic afternoon teas. From the flavour-packed Mitton Hall menu, expect the likes of pan-fried fillet of seabass with crushed new potatoes, spring greens and garlic veloute, or the Mediterranean vegetable risotto with parmesan shavings and truffle oil. Finish with one of the tempting desserts, including white chocolate, orange and ginger cheesecake with brandy snap curl, or apple pear and berry crumble. Afternoon tea at the Mitton Hall restaurant is both relaxed and indulgent, with fresh sandwiches and a selection of cakes and scones served by the roaring fire in the main hall, in the bar, or in the elegant brasserie. When the weather allows, afternoon tea can be enjoyed from the sunny terrace. Mitton Hall near Clitheroe is surrounded by idyllic scenery. Blackburn and Burnley are both a 20-minute drive away.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Last night I visited Mitton Hall with my husband and a friend. We arrived and were very nervous of how we would be welcomed however we were welcomed in by a young waiter who was more than lovely. We sat ordered drinks and waited for our table. We waited 10mins before our table was ready and off we went. We were placed next to the window and were the only people there. (6pm) It was beautiful looking over the front garden.

I ordered the wood pigeon for starter, it was beautifully cooked and a nice size portion.
For main I had the veal which was Delicious!
For sweet I had chocolate fondant, again well cooked and very nice.
I felt very spoilt.

My husband's gluten and dairy intolerant and Mitton Hall went above and beyond accommodating his needs, they brought him gluten free bread and made sure every course was gluten free.

Fantastic,
I will be going again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I ate in the restaurant on Saturday evening and it was wonderful. We had a drink in the brasserie/bar area first, and when I asked the bar manager which of two Sauvignon Blancs he thought was the fruitiest, he brought a small glass of each for us to try, after making our choice a bottle was brought to us in a proper wine bucket with ice, delish! My husband's starter was wood pidgeon on a brioche, and it melted in the mouth, I had warm goats cheese with micro herbs and I loved it. Mains were sea trout for him and carved beef fillet for me which were cooked to perfection in both cases. The staff are all lovely, and despite being very busy with a wedding in the function room, and a 70th birthday party in the restaurant and a bar full of a variety of people and celebrations, we never felt neglected. We will definately eat here again. This was our second visit actually, but the first time was marred by the fact that we had booked to stay the night but the room was right above the kitchen, and was very noisy, and also smelled strongly of hot cooking oil, so much so that we ordered a taxi and went home. The manager did not charge us for our "stay" or for the meal we had eaten, which we thought showed extremely good customer relations. We intend to book an overnight again, but we will ask for a room well away from the kitchen.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This place is a wonderful place to have a quiet meal or a superb family function. Very imposing building situated between Clitheroe and Longridge. Inviting log fires in the winter or summer dining al fresco on the terrace. The restaurant has been refurbished since we last visited and is under new management from 5yrs or so ago. The gardens are fantastic for wedding pics to be taken, staff are friendly and helpful and seem especially good with children.The restaurant food is fine dining so don't expect huge platefuls, what they do give you is beautifully cooked and well presented food in perfectly proportioned amounts.If you go for a more basic bar snack...be surprised! I had smoked salmon on cream cheese in a toasted ciabbatta with salad garnish, my husband had a club sandwich of (New York sized standard) triple decker...with chips.Mmmmmm

2  Thank sandieH27
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Went here for an evening meal recently. The welcome and food were excellent and even better, they accept taste card so the pricing of the meal was fabulous value. Relaxed, not rushed service, only blot was that really we should have been asked if we would like more drinks.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

A sunny evening at last so we decided to eat on the terrace at Mitton Hall. We were a little early for the kitchen, but the chef agreed to serve us anyway - we had a very nice spicy parsnip soup and some really good home made burgers.
Service was good too - young friendly staff.

2  Thank whalleykay66