“Can't beat it for the price”

The Wellsprings Inn Pendle Hill
Ranked #23 of 135 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Northants
“Can't beat it for the price”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Went on a Thursday night to take advantage of the two courses for £12.95. Food was amazing for the price, nachos were a different take on the usual cheese drenched salsa-fests, with salad and jalapenos and orange. The chimichanga was very good. Didn't have room for a dessert but the Singapore Sling cocktail was also lovely and a big glass for £5.50. All in all great mexican food, great service, just a shame it was foggy and we couldn't take advantage of the amazing views.

• Visited May 2014

Codnor, United Kingdom
“Great mexican food, and great service too”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Staying local and passed this on the way to our accomodation, I love mexican food so had to try it and i was not dissapointed. The staff were really helpful especially when my children were playing up a little, they found some colouring books and crayons to help keep them occupied while we waited. The dry ski slope outside was an interesting addition to the view. in the week there is a 2 for 1 menu which if you've got the right number of people brings the cost to about £6-8 for a main otherwise from the weekend or special menu you're looking at about £13-14 upwards for a main.
Ithink its a little expensive without the 2 for 1 offer, but it is on the side of pendle hill with a great view.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Tasting Food”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Brilliant service and views. Very helpful staff . Fantastic king prawns in chilli, garlic and coriander as well as fantastic paella. Owner wasn't happy when I was told I could have any liqueur coffee and picked one he didn't have lol. Would deffo recommend

Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Good tasty food”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Service was good and efficient. Chicken very tasty. Views from restaurant windows very impressive over Ribble Valley.

Padiham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Night with Spectacular Views!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I went to The Wellsprings with my Mum, Dad and Brother after having been with my boyfriend a few months ago. My Brother is a very fussy eater but he really enjoyed this meal and actually said he'd like to go again! We booked for 7pm and when we arrived the place was almost empty but within the hour the place was practically full.
We decided to get nachos and calamari to share as a starter and this came very quickly and was delicious, the nachos came with about 4 different dips and a small salad. We had a bottle of house white and a couple of cokes to drink. For main I had chicken enchiladas, which were excellent (I think this was the decided favourite out of all out mains). Mum had beef enchiladas, Dad had Bistecca Rancheros which came on a sizzle platter absolutely steaming hot! And my Brother had gammon steak and chips. It was all delicious and we almost cleared all our plates, just leaving room for dessert.
The chocolate fudge cake was fine, kind of the average chocolate cake that you get in almost all restaurants, but the ice cream with it was lovely. The sticky toffee pudding was pretty good but a little lacking in toffee-ness. The waffles and ice-cream were tasty (or I assume they were, my Dad cleared his plate pretty quickly after claiming to not be interested in dessert) and I had the Lemon Cheesecake which was lovely and tangy and refreshing, this was the favourite overall (I definitely made the best choices tonight!)
The atmosphere in the place is really cosy and the staff were all very friendly and the owner was doing the rounds checking that everyone was having a good time. It is a little expensive, the bill came to just over £100 so maybe just a special occasions sort of place, but we will definitely be coming back! And the views are stunning! We could see all the way to Blackpool Tower, a wonderful night!