“Christmas dinner”

Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Lovely location and decoration, shame the prices don't reflect the service provided.

Having paid around £65 per head (not including drinks) for a family of 4 I was expecting an exceptional experience, however the service was rushed and impersonal and if the chefs focussed on taste and quality as much as presentation it would have been ten times better.

I understand that Christmas is a busy time, perhaps more staff/better training required.

1  Thank KW1964

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We decided to drive to the Ribble Valley from the Rossendale one! We chose this place as friends had dined there recently. We are both vegetarian and often feel there is little choice when dining out. I had a lovely pan fried feta cheese salad and my partner the wild mushroom and rocket tagliatelle! Both were delicious! Eaton Mess for dessert and filter coffee! The staff are very polite and friendly as well as efficient! The view from our table was fantastic.

1  Thank Julie G
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Clitheroe is a nice town to wonder around, the area generally is perfect for walking We stayed at The Shireburn Arms for just the 1 night everything was spot on,whether pub lunch. eving meal of B & B we would fully recommend

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have been to the Shireburn arms a few times no in the last few months, I can't recommend it enough, the service is second to none, nothing is ever too much. the food is just to die for (Rump of Lamb) and the newly refurbished room are just stunning. I wasn't staying that night but they were nice enough to show me one of the finished rooms, so needles to say I will be back and most certainly will be staying the night.

The ale is also beautiful, I had a Wainwright, sadly just the one this time.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Shireburn just before Christmas and could not have been more impressed, what a difference 4 months make! Perhaps a change in key personnel? Tonight the service was not only poor but uninterested. I left feeling robbed of the £ spent and opportunity to dine at one of the other fine eateries in the area. A long wait in between meals, well even placing orders! In fact we had to go and find the waiter to take our dessert order. No sugar served with the incorrect coffee order and cheese boards came with very little cheese and missing the menu described fruit cake & butter.
The food is over priced and tonight very bland.
Seriously dissatisfied and will be a long time before I go back.

2  Thank Cazroyl