“Very practical indeed”
Review of Brook House Hotel

Brook House Hotel
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of a stop over here and was very impressed. Staff were excellent and room was suffice for myself. Breakfast was excellent. All in all a good honest hotel for the tighter purse. Superb value for money

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Brook House Hotel

Reviewed July 19, 2013

For a just a quick night or two's stay, and if you don't mind where you stay to be a bit basic and maybe a bit rough round the edges, this place fits the bill. The price (we paid £35 for a twin room not including brekkie) is amazing for the size of room, soft comfy bed, extra pillows, lots of hangers, very friendly and helpful hosts and in a cute old house with lots of character features inside. It's off the main road, but it's not a busy one, and really you can only hear it in the background if you have the window open. It has a very large car park, is lush and green with a hedge keeping it enclosed from the road and public pavement. There's an Asda round the corner two mins away by car if you want to grab a few bits/drink - you could walk, it'd take about 10 mins. The area's nice, there were some silly kids rushing up the road in their cars a couple of times in the evening as it's pretty straight, but it didn't last long and we were tucked up watching TV by then so it didn't bother us. Very generous checking in and out times. Wifi is a bit patchy in rooms due to distance from hub, so there's a sofa on the landing which gets the best reception. TV's good, Freeview and good signal. 20 mins from Preston, 10 mins from motorway, very convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nessmbl
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent the weekend here and they had a tribute act on in the main room, so they were thoughtful and put us on the far side of the hotel.
However, this was over an open area that most people gathered during the interval and afterwards, it was rather noisy, but ended at about 11pm.
We had been down to the bar during the evening and they had no beer or lager.
As it was such a hot weekend, we had to have the windows open and the road noise from the A6 went on all night and stopped me sleeping properly.
Having said all that, the staff were brilliant and very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid room 18
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I booked a one night stay because I was attending a training day in Preston.I wasn't expecting much having read some comments on here about it.I was very pleased with my stay.A young man (Lewis) met me at the door and took my bag up to my room for me.I had a lovely steak meal at an excellent price.My room was huge,very clean and comfortable and not too hot,like most hotel rooms.The bed was very comfortable,nice hot shower,good quiet nights sleep-excellent!!!! I had a great English breakfast with toast and lots of coffee.It was a perfect stay for me with the added bonus of it being a smoking room-very civalised.I will be staying there again when I go to the area for future training days.

Room Tip: I was in room 6 ,near the back of the hotel.Very large,quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2013

As a couple needing a break we booked into the Brook House Hotel for one night. It was a Saturday night on arrival we were shown to a very old fashioned room where the main light had blown. The shower was freezing and to top it off we went downstairs to find the bar was closed because they had to nip out! We went for a walk and dined out at a pub returning to the hotel at about 9pm. The man opened the bar for us but asked if we would be staying long as he needed to prepare for a christening the morning after. We had two drinks and felt we had to go to bed. As we stood up to leave the man promptly switched off the lights and followed us out! Needless to say we were in bed before 10.30pm. Thankfully we had an early night as around 8am the started blowing up a bouncy castle just outside our bedroom window. We left without breakfast not impressed!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gill F
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed overnight at this lovely hotel, rooms spacious and clean, a bit of noise coming from downstairs but that stopped about midnight, but then omg got a call @1.20 am off someone from the hotel, saying you have booked a room, i take it your not coming! when i was fast asleep in the bed, i was not best pleased!, complained at reception in the morning and was told it hopefully wouldn't happen to another guest, other than that a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gabs4
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We needed somewhere fairly economical at short notice to stay a couple of nights while attending an event locally. Snag being we needed to bring our 2 small dogs. We struck gold!

As we were running late my wife called to see if they could offer any suggestions to eat locally as the kitchen would have closed by the time we arrived. No problem - let us know when you're nearly here and chef will knock something up for you! 2 very presentable main meals on arrival.

Room spacious, only downsides being a lingering tobacco smell in a non smoking room and a dated bathroom but for the money we aren't complaining!

Fantastic welcome and can't do enough to help. Would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
Farington Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Farington
Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Brook House Hotel? Share your experiences!