“Splendid Lunch!”
Review of Sparth House Hotel

Sparth House Hotel
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch with a friend at Sparth House. I have to a couple of wedding receptions here in the past. It's alovely setting and enjoyed the food at both weddings. So, I was expecting a nice lunch and got one. I think they are currently promoting the restaurant. We enjoyed a lovely meal and it only cost £9-95p for both with the special lunch time deal. Really good value and would thoroughly recommend it to anybody. You could easy pay that for a cup of tea or coffee and a sandwich! Will be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank keh75
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Many Thanks for your lovely review and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit, we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sparth House Hotel

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Our daughters was married on Saturday, with the reception at Sparth House afterwards, as the Mother of the Bride I have to say that our biggest Thanks go to Lesley Anne Thomas, the wedding planner at Sparth House. She has been amazing since day one, not one thing did she overlook, everything went like clockwork, no request was too much, I feel like I have lost a friend. EVERYTHING went perfectly, not one single complaint can I make, just Praise, Praise and more Praise for having such wonderful staff. Keep up the good work, it was Absolutely PERFECT. One of the happiest days of our lives. A Perfect `day, at a Perfect Venue, with Perfect Staff.
110% Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for Lesley Anne Thomas.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon M

Thank you for your lovely review an I am delighted to hear to you had a fantastic day. All the best for the future and I will miss our little meetings too :)

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have stayed in many hotels in the area and found sparth house to be very welcoming with a nice boutique decor and found the staff to be very attentive.
We had dinner in the restaraunt on our first night and the food was exellent we will defiantly be returning when we visit the area in the future.
Mr mrs Sansom

Room Tip: Ask for a suite as they are in the main body of the hotel and are a lot bigger and have more charact...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dudley S
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Been to this hotel many many times in last 10 years. In fact had my wedding reception there several years ago.
Just went for Christmas lunch Pre booked with the restaurant at 50-75% capacity.
Cramped on a table way too small - several people on the edges & corners. In fact not enough room to place everyone's starter.
To make matters even worse they served tesco £3 a bottle wine as house wine!!!
The veg was last weeks so pale the Brussels were grey!!

I am afraid after many years of happiness here I won't attend again. I did attend a function in the summer & thought it odd that at the start of the evening part they had limited supplies of alcohol but that was repeated on this visit - am I really that unlucky - no this hotel has gone down hill a lot.
Hopefully the management can learn from this maybe work on a 10 day stock rule so that you don't have to sell tesco wine!!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Drew345
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My husband and I have just spent 5 nights in a suite at the Sparth Hotel, we had a wonderful time, the service we recieved was excellent the staff couldn't have been more helpful, even when they were stretched on a morning breakfast dealing with rude and impolite guest!
The breakfast is excellent value, the only tiny negative would be that the suite needs a little re vamping but I am informed this is to be done. We enjoyed our stay that much that we have re booked to return in April. I have read previous negative reviews and all I can say is if you want five star then go to five star and pay five star prices this is a little family owned hotel in Lancashire we being from London appreciate this fact, and I appreciate what others are saying about the noise from functions, but go figure nobody is dead and nobody is dying it's noise! Stay in a hotel that is inpetsonal and doesn't hold functions win win.
We lved it and will certainly be returning, value for money....hell yes.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Doodle4158
Sparthhouse H, Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

Thank You for comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to catching up with you both in April 2012

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We booked this roon for one night when we attended a wedding nearby. We were disappointed with the Sparth House hotel.
The room, although clean, was in need of modernisation, cracked ceiling and old decor. The furniture was all very creaky, so when we walked acroos the room the wardrobe wobbled and creaked!! The shower didn't work, I had to check out the next day without a shower, because all I could get from the shower was a pathetic dribble.
The view from our room was of peoples back gardens. A very crowded carpark.
Our room was above a bar which was noisy late at night (we didnt get in until 2 am,still noisy at that time)
Not worth the price we paid, we booked suite, but none were available at the last minute, so we were downgraded to an executive room at £90, but it wasn't very executive.

Room Tip: Ask for one thats not close to the function rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights, the hotel looks good on arrival however once I made my way to the room (standard room) I was a little dissapointed. The room was very small with only about a metre of space around the bed, luckily I was travelling alone so the lack of space was not too much of a problem. The small velux window is directly beneath some outside of the hotels outside lights so the room is lit for most of the night. The bathroom is adequate although when the tiles get wet they can be very slippery.

On the upside the food here ishomemade, very tasty and you can tell the chef puts a lot of effort in. It is one of the best restuarants I have eaten around the Accrington/Clitheroe area.

There are few hotels around accrington which makes this one of the best around, but that is more to do with the others being terrible than this one being excellent. I would recommend staying towards Clitheroe/Whalley if you can, where there are a number of better hotels/B&Bs.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Stirk House Hotel
Stirk House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gisburn

Been to Sparth House Hotel? Share your experiences!