Just come back today from a two night stay with my hubby. Must say really good service from reception staff, very friendly, although I agree with another reveiwer, I can imagine it getting very busy and crowded when there are alot of people to check out. When we arrived on Saturday there were 2 weddings on and we were a little dubious about what effect this may have. Apart from having to park in the overflow carpark and due to the function having to walk outside to get to our room it was not a major problem, fortunately the sun was shining. We booked an executive room which was very spacious and had dressing gowns, slippers fantastic sized bathroom with separate power shower that could fit at least two people in ! My only niggle would be there is no description on the hotels website to say what is included in the executive room, so we did take a bit of a chance! Tea and coffee making facilities in room although they did seem a little stingey on the supply of coffee, tea, sugar and milk cartons, although you can ask at reception and it was no problem for them, also the remote control didn't work and we ask for it to be sorted and a very young hotel assistant attempted to find a different one for us, but came back twice without success, eventually we told him not to bother anymore, but it didn't get sorted during our stay. The breakfast was lovely and its worth getting a deal with breakfast included as it is £15.95 if you buy it when you get there. There was a large choice of fruits, yogurts, cereal, juices, bread, pastries, cooked breakfasts and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff who were all very friendly. We were in for breakfast early on both days, but apparently they had 300 odd people having breakfast on Sunday morning and so I think we made the right choice by going early as I can imagine that it may have been very different at 9:30.
We ate in the restaurant one of the evenings, absolutely lovely food, extremely tasty and good wine, although slightly pricey, it has apparently got an AA rosette. Service once again was very good.
All in all a very nice stay, a few little moans thats why I don't feel I can say excellent, but it was very very good and would definitely stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is situated in 17 acres of parkland. Combining a traditional setting with modern technology, our hotel offers both an enjoyable weekend getaway, or facilities for business meetings & conferences. Also featuring a luxury spa, with 8 beauty suites, & Cameo Restaurant & Bar, a relaxed dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel And Spa
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel Clayton Le Moors
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa Clayton Le Moors, England