“Good event venue”

Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good event venue”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I attended a Tradeshow here in April and was impressed by the staffs attitude and attentiveness. The hotel lends itself to large parties although it always seems to be getting renovated and some of the public areas look a bit tired. The rooms are OK and quite large and the buffet breakfast and lunch I had where adequate. It is the staff which make this hotel worth staying at. Our party decided to have dinner in the Leisure club and watch some football, the 2 ladies serving us couldnt have done more, even going across to the main bar several times to get the drinks we wanted, really good service with a smile.
The hotel has a large carpark, easy access to the function rooms, and free WiFi although the coverage is patchy and mobile phone reception is poor inside the main hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building of the Hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
h6617_dm, General Manager at Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I was pleased to hear that you had been well looked after during your stay. I will share your comments with the team. With a building the size it is, we are constantly updating and refurbishing certain areas. I hope to see you again next for the event
Ivan Lynch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here after a midweek football match, as work commitments meant we were in the area anyway.

We checked in after the game, approx 10.30pm and the service upon check-in was terrific. The two guys on reception were bright, friendly, and made the whole process slick and easy - exactly as it should be!!

We stayed in one of the privilege rooms, which was spacious and offered good facilities. The only downside, but not one to affect us on this occasion, was the lack of tea making facilities.

The hotel building is terrific, befitting of an old country house, and the scenery to the rear of the building is beautiful countryside

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for providing feedback. Your comments are appreciated. I hope to welcome you back to the area in the near future
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm returning to the hotel for our anniversary, we were married there 10 years ago (which was a perfect day). I booked a privilege room then emailed the hotel to see if I could be allocated the same suite that we had on the night of our wedding. I received a quick response stating the room was available but it wasn't a privilege room and wasn't in the more modern section of the hotel. I was offered a reduction in the room rate if I did want to be allocated the same room. I feared the room might be a little dated 10 years on so I responded to the email asking for an opinion on the room. Again I received another prompt response giving a personal opinion of the room types and I was staggered to find a series of photos taken that day of the privilege room I had been allocated and the room we stayed in 10 years earlier - this was far in excess of anything I could have expected. I would like to thank Natalie for the help she has given me and I hope hotel management read this and recognise the quality of their staff. I will do a further review following our stay but felt I needed to share this level of service!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
h6617_dm, General Manager at Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your kind feedback. It is pleasing to hear that some of our team are going the extra mile to ensure guests receive the best possible service. I will make sure that Natalie's performance is rewarded.
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Dunkenhalgh is very easy to get too, just 2 minutes off junction 7 M65, so makes a great place to meet people. Some weekends can be very busy if they have a lot of events on, parking can get a bit difficult.

Just called in for something to eat, so just sat in the bar, but very impressed with service, and quality of food.
Had fish and chips and it was extremely good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for providing feedback. I was delighted to hear that the dining expereince was a wholly positive one. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Richmond , North Yorkshire
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Arrived on a very wet afternoon, Reception were very helpful and explained layout, breakfast times in detail. Room was very clean and spacious, Breakfast buffet style, only moan really was on the Sunday morning the hotel was really full due to there being a wedding on the Saturday, breakfast buffet was rather slow, having to wait for items to be served, however this did prove it was all cooked fresh. Only other issue was the bar was a wee bit pricey... Meal in the hotel was good but that was overpriced for what it was... Fish and chips £12.95!!! etc.. Met people from the hotel in the Carvery 2 miles away the next day!!!

Room Tip: 107 was very quiet...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are appreciated. I am pleased that the quality of the food was good. The ingredients are of the highest quality and therefore we feel they justify the cost, served in the surroundings of a four star hotel. I can equally understand that the local carvery may offer a cheaper alternative. That is a choice which is open to everyone. Thank you for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Yours sincerely
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This place is excellent for a quick overnight break.
Had a massage and it was great. Pool and Spa is very clean.
Hotel itself has great character and grounds are well kept. Food is great. Steak is lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room over the spa
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future
Stockport
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I am not the first reviewer to note this problem. Stayed for a family wedding - which was great but.........

When checking in for the four rooms i had secured i was asked for a credit card swipe which i duly did and £370 was charged to my card instantly. When checking out i paid on my debit card. Three weeks later and four phone calls later the £370 has not refunded despite assurances it would be refunded in 24 hours. Trading standards is my next port of call.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Antthegolfer
Dear Guest
I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I am however disappointed to hear that there is an issue with the payment. Please contact me personally to resolve this matter if it has not already been done.
Yours sincerely

Northcote Hotel
Northcote Hotel
#1 of 3 in Langho
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel

Been to Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!