Some of the staff here are excellent and some need some customer service training. Our room was located in the modern part of the hotel which was very very noisy, with room doors banging and lift doors closing, other guests making noise as the hotel is used for many work conference courses etc. The car park has many pot holes and not enough parking spots for the amount of cars. The spa and pool facilities are open to non guests so they also use the parking and use of the pool is not enjoyable due to too many using the facilities. We ordered a meal in the bar restaurant, to be told after fifteen minutes after ordering, that they had run out of steak and ale pies. This is early dining with hardly anybody in the restaurant. We then placed another order and this was mixed up eventuating in three us us getting our meal and one didn't, three of us had finished our meals before the fourth finally turned up, after asking twice, this was delivered with a very casual. "sorry about that" . The burgers where not good quality and very very peppery a few chips and a few lettuce leaves very basic. Breakfast was greasy in all the hotels we stayed in this was the worst breakfast and the only one that served margarine with the toast and not butter, all the others had a choice of both.I ordered a newspaper for one day only, got the wrong paper and got two and charged for two. The housekeeping left a trolley outside our door in corridor permanently, and laundry bags on the floor all the time in the same corridor. We had a large group of family come to see us and have a drink in open public bar but was moved from room to room as there was large group of us, eventually we where given a private room as a favour and bar opened for us. This was good but the attitude of the duty manager was not very professional or friendly.We could have left and given our business to a local pub, I stress this was a family get together not loud rowdy or noisy, and the bar is an open bar not closed to non residents. We also made reception aware that we would be expecting family to visit us earlier that day and was told that this was great and we could use a private bar room.
To sum up would I stay there again a definite NO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is situated in 17 acres of parkland. Combining a traditional setting with modern technology, our hotel offers both an enjoyable weekend getaway, or facilities for business meetings & conferences. Also featuring a luxury spa, with 8 beauty suites, & Cameo Restaurant & Bar, a relaxed dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel Clayton Le Moors
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel And Spa
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa Clayton Le Moors, England