Stayed on 19/03/11 for my wife's birthday, on a bed, breakfast and evening meal basis. We stayed in room 40 which had dirty net curtains, smelt of damp, and had dirty marks on the walls. The restaurant and bar area are clean and modern with helpful staff. Beware though, even on the evening meal where there is a limit of £22 per person, there is still a surcharge of £3.90 if you want steak, even if you do spend below the £22 limit. The spa/ pool area are tatty with the ceiling needing painting and tiles missing in some of the saunas. When we got home and unpacked our cases, our clothing smelt of the damp room. All in all, won't go back. The hotel looks impressive from the outside, but I don't think it is worthy of 4 stars. Wished we had stayed at The Last Drop Village instead, which is 3 star. We have stayed there a few times and the staff really do try to make the stay enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is situated in 17 acres of parkland. Combining a traditional setting with modern technology, our hotel offers both an enjoyable weekend getaway, or facilities for business meetings & conferences. Also featuring a luxury spa, with 8 beauty suites, & Cameo Restaurant & Bar, a relaxed dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel Clayton Le Moors
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel And Spa
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa Clayton Le Moors, England