All reviews afternoon tea gold room in great condition lovely building soup leisure facilities my mum dance floor evening meal couldn't fault health club food was lovely great night christmas party a lovely stay full english breakfast excellent value for money
Reviewed May 23, 2018

The hotel is in a beautiful setting looking over the golf course. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. My room was comfortable, very comfortable bed but the outlook was towards the back of another part of the building and a long way from reception. The shower was in the bath and had to be taken down to get the water temperature to suit, otherwise one gets soaked trying to use the taps. I had to wait a long time for someone to come to attend to me at breakfast. I used the pool which was very good, quiet and a perfect temperature. The leisure staff were helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the front overlooking the golf course.
Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

I was visiting for a one night stay with my partner, pool/jacuzzi was lovely, upgraded our room to a suite I must say it was a little tired their was a slat missing from the bathroom blind and the carpet was very worn and didn’t fit the room properly, we went down for dinner, starters were very nice, main course we both ordered lamb which I’m sorry to say was not fit to eat and we sent it back the waiter was very apologetic and we re ordered, we got brought sorbet due to a wait of half an hour for our main courses, when it arrived it was lovely but our disappointment spoilt the meal, after eating we left the restaurant I must add the staff were very apologetic. At breakfast a new waiter asked if we had enjoyed our evening we said unfortunately not and explained what had happened in which he responded that’s when we rely on our guests to let us know the quality of meat!!!! Really!!! Our breakfast was lovely . And finally may I say that we never got offered anything for our disappointment well we did get sorbet :(

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

I brought my mother in law for her 60th to the spiritual fair, she had attended the event last year and loved it. She even said that she had to leave last year to get more money to spend, however this year my husband, son, mother in law and I visited and was very disappointed with the fair. It was £5 entry fee I was expecting a lot more, the board said ‘unique gifts’ which was just 1 stall with tarot cards and a few crystals, then basically a room full of readers that was it.
We then decided to go into the bar area to have something to eat, we pressed the bell for a server to come forward and he was not great with his customer service skills at all. I am a restaurant manager at a fine dine restaurant and if he was a member of my staff I would be definitely giving him some more training on being welcoming and nice with the general public.
We decided to not stay we had one drink and then went to the bar were we pressed the bell again and waited 5 minutes with no apology when he appeared for the wait. We got our card from him which was in the till and promptly left.
On heading to the car we walked past a group of men sat on a wall and there language was appalling for having my child with me I wasn’t impressed.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank alexandramb2015
Reviewed May 5, 2018

I needed a room for a midweek business trip. I don't play golf, and don't usually like golf club atmospheres, so I was a bit hesitant when I arrived. I became more hesitant when I saw the room, which felt like staying at someone's house rather than a hotel. But, the place won me over:

- the health club is lovely. The pool is perfect for lengths and very clean. The lady on the front desk was so charming and warm.
- the house and local scenery is attractive. I ran for 4/5 miles through countryside, 80% off-road on a maintained cycle path.
- the restaurant was deserted. I ate with one other table occupied in a huge dining room. However, the food was very good both at dinner and breakfast. Impressive that they can stay open in the week for so few diners.

I think the focus of the hotel is weddings, local users of the health club, and golf members. That's a hard model for maintaining high standards of hotel accommodation (especially at sub £100 weekday room rates). Once I got comfortable with the quality of the room, I really liked it. I will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank JT14
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Had an amazing stay, my room was gorgeous plenty of space, clean and great view of golf. The food was delicious and staff was very helpful. Thank you to all staff for making my stay amazing. I recommend this hotel and definitely will return.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business