“Just perfect for the job”

Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Gulfmark
“Just perfect for the job”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

As i pulled into the car park I wasn't filled with glee. In fact I was proper fed up. Dragged my weary bones to the reception where the lady positively sparkled at me like I was the most important guest she had ever seen. Helen changed my outlook completely. That girl desrves a medal for being so cheery at 9pm. As for the rest it was just as expected, clean tidy , excellent bed. No sign of Lenny Henry but hey ho......Definately recommend and happily the nearby Pub Grill is much better than first impression from outside.
So if you have a reason to visit Chorley ( might have to think a little about that one) then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hi Gulfmark,

First of all, thank you so much for your fantastic review about our Chorley South Premier Inn. It is fantastic to read such great feedback about the team here, our rooms and the pub next door. I have passed on your lovely comments to Helen and she is delighted that you enjoyed your stay. She has only been here around 2 months so to know she made such an impression on a guest is fantastic.

Here at Premier Inn, we are committed to making your stay as good as possible, and I'm so pleased that we delivered on this occasion.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on Saturday just gone and have to say what a lovely welcome from Helen on reception. Booked in quickly and we were allocated room 7 which is ground floor on the front, I was a little concerned due to the road but it is far enough back that we didn't hear it at all. The place smells like a carpet showroom which is nice given how some other places smell. Room was in good condition, very clean and comfy beds. We ate in the pub (flaming grill pub co.) at night, good selection of real ale, the menu is huge and we also had the breakfast which was a buffet for the basics and you ordered the cooked (to order) items from the staff. I didn't catch the staff members name but he was funny and looked after us very well. As the title says, first choice will be premier inn for us from now on.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Multimooose
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hi Multimooose,

I just wanted to reply to your lovely comments about our Chorley South Premier Inn. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit, both at the hotel and the pub The Yarrow Bridge. I have passed on your lovely feedback to Helen on reception. She has only been with us for 1 month so to receive such great comments is fantastic. Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our customer service skills and we try to ensure every guest goes away satisfied and I am so pleased that we delivered on this occasion.

I have also passed on your kind comments to the pub next door.

Shropshire, UK
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A few days prior to when we arrived I had just come out of a long meeting and I received a call from the Premier Inn...oh no had they had to cancel my room ? ....what a relief it was when all they asked is would I like some hot chocolate in the room....

When we arrived we were greeted with such enthusiasm that i thought I had just met my long lost Auntie Ethel from Lancashire. Whilst in reception I thought we had just entered an old people's care home...there was homemade cakes, lollies, guess how many sweeties in the jar... I was half expecting to be advised that BINGO started at 7pm !

This is a very friendly and well run Premier Inn.... The rooms are in good condition ( all recently had new carpets) and the service is exceptional. If there was anything we we needed I am sure reception would try and help. There is a pub next door where you can go and have your breakfast. Again this is well run, efficient and friendly.

As we were leaving I was called back by reception....had I left something behind,or had I not paid my bill? ....err no the receptionist was just making sure our little boy had received a lolly...

Room Tip: Ensure you have plenty of change for any Raffles or Tombolas
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Hi ShropshireLad,

First of all, I would just like to thank you for your fantastic review of our Chorley South Premier Inn. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your stay, particularly the service you received at this site. At Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our great service and I am happy to know that on this occasion, we lived up to those standards.

It was during the weekend of your stay that we were holding small charity stalls such as the tombola and "sweets in a jar game" to raise money for Whitbread's nominated charity, Great Ormond Street Hospital. I am so glad to know you enjoyed this aspect of your stay and I would just like to thank you for your kind participation.

Please know that I will also pass on your kind comments to the restaurant manager next door.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

If this place isn't already a customer service training centre it should be. The staff in both the hotel and restaurant are fantastic, as a family with young children we felt welcomed not simply tolerated.
The lady at reception on our first day gave us a wealth of information on activities in the area.
If this place has any faults I missed them as a result of the superior customer service we received.

I would come back here again and again and again.

P/S the food is very good too

• Stayed August 2012
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Hi Gogarty,

I just wanted to thank you for the fantastic comments you have left regarding our Chorley South Premier Inn. All of the team members here thrive off feedback and they will be so happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay here. We do pride ourselves on being family friendly and we always strive to make every guests stay, a great one, and I am pleased that on this occasion, we did this.

I have also passed your kind comments on to the pub manager who is also pleased to know you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back here very soon.

yorkshire
Reviewed August 25, 2012

First of all impressed with the customer service, had a courtesy call prior to visit to confirm details and take any special requests. We got galaxy hot chocolate instead of tea and coffee in our room! Very warm welcome, no problems checking in, couldn't do enough for us. I slept like a log so the bed must have been comfortable. There wasn't ant air conditioning but a fan was provided. Breakfast at the grill next door was great, as much as you want and freshly made to order. In fact, a better breakfast than the holiday inn we stayed at the night before! So for £45 on a Friday night.... Quite a bargain!
Sorry, no swimming pool, accidentally marked the rating for it and couldn't take it off!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Hi lovetoescape72,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your kind comments about our Chorley South Premier Inn. Not only is it great to hear all feedback from our guests, to know you had such a great stay really does drive and inspire the team.

From previous comments, we found that our guests really do enjoy the extra touch such as hot chocolate in rooms upon arrival and I am pleased to know you found this service of use to you. I am also very pleased to know that you had a great nights sleep - our king size beds have the same make of matress that the Queen sleeps on!

I have also passed your kind comments regarding breakfast on to the Manager of the The Yarrow Bridge pub - he is also very pleased to know you enjoyed your made to order breakfast.

On behalf of all the team here at Chorley South Premier Inn, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Saint Mary in the Marsh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Used this hotel to visit area very good staff nothing to much trouble, hotel is good but could do with a make over and air conditiong that said still good value for money clean and tidy, good car parking

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Marshrider,

First of all, thank you very much for your kind comments and feedback regarding our Chorley South Premier Inn. The whole team here love to hear feedback from our guests as it allows us to not only see what we are doing right, but to also see ways in which we may improve the service we provide.

I am happy to know you found the staff here to be helpful and friendly, found us to be good value for money as well as clean and tidy. Unfortunately, as pointed out, we don't have air conditioning here however there is a fan in all of our rooms and reception are more than happy to provide sheets for your bed instead of a duvet, to make your stay even more comfortable.

On behalf of all the team here, we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Scotland
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked one night at Chorley South en route to holiday in Norfolk. Slightly older style travel in from some but the service was excellent. We have stayed in many Preimer inns before but the service here is fantastic. We got a call 2 days before arrival to check if we knew the route and also check what faciltiies we needed. Also a call the day before to ask what age our son was so they could allocate an appropraite type of family room. Staff on arrival were lovely and helpfu

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hi Pringle01,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our Chorley South Premier Inn. I am so happy you found our staff and service to be of a high standard - the team here really do thrive off feedback and it is always so rewarding to know our guests have had an enjoyable stay.

From all the team here at Chorley South Premier Inn, we hope you had a safe journey to Norfolk and we hope to welcome you back here very soon.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club

Been to Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel? Share your experiences!