“Good night sleep, good customer service”

Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Chorley
yorkshire
“Good night sleep, good customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

First of all impressed with the customer service, had a courtesy call prior to visit to confirm details and take any special requests. We got galaxy hot chocolate instead of tea and coffee in our room! Very warm welcome, no problems checking in, couldn't do enough for us. I slept like a log so the bed must have been comfortable. There wasn't ant air conditioning but a fan was provided. Breakfast at the grill next door was great, as much as you want and freshly made to order. In fact, a better breakfast than the holiday inn we stayed at the night before! So for £45 on a Friday night.... Quite a bargain!
Sorry, no swimming pool, accidentally marked the rating for it and couldn't take it off!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Hi lovetoescape72,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your kind comments about our Chorley South Premier Inn. Not only is it great to hear all feedback from our guests, to know you had such a great stay really does drive and inspire the team.

From previous comments, we found that our guests really do enjoy the extra touch such as hot chocolate in rooms upon arrival and I am pleased to know you found this service of use to you. I am also very pleased to know that you had a great nights sleep - our king size beds have the same make of matress that the Queen sleeps on!

I have also passed your kind comments regarding breakfast on to the Manager of the The Yarrow Bridge pub - he is also very pleased to know you enjoyed your made to order breakfast.

On behalf of all the team here at Chorley South Premier Inn, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Mary in the Marsh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Used this hotel to visit area very good staff nothing to much trouble, hotel is good but could do with a make over and air conditiong that said still good value for money clean and tidy, good car parking

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Marshrider,

First of all, thank you very much for your kind comments and feedback regarding our Chorley South Premier Inn. The whole team here love to hear feedback from our guests as it allows us to not only see what we are doing right, but to also see ways in which we may improve the service we provide.

I am happy to know you found the staff here to be helpful and friendly, found us to be good value for money as well as clean and tidy. Unfortunately, as pointed out, we don't have air conditioning here however there is a fan in all of our rooms and reception are more than happy to provide sheets for your bed instead of a duvet, to make your stay even more comfortable.

On behalf of all the team here, we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked one night at Chorley South en route to holiday in Norfolk. Slightly older style travel in from some but the service was excellent. We have stayed in many Preimer inns before but the service here is fantastic. We got a call 2 days before arrival to check if we knew the route and also check what faciltiies we needed. Also a call the day before to ask what age our son was so they could allocate an appropraite type of family room. Staff on arrival were lovely and helpfu

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hi Pringle01,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our Chorley South Premier Inn. I am so happy you found our staff and service to be of a high standard - the team here really do thrive off feedback and it is always so rewarding to know our guests have had an enjoyable stay.

From all the team here at Chorley South Premier Inn, we hope you had a safe journey to Norfolk and we hope to welcome you back here very soon.

Wishaw, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel.Staff were among the nicest I have met in my travels , room was very quiet day and night and liked the food at the adjacent pub.Beds were very comfortable and bathroom was immaculate.I was suprised but pleased to be called to be asked the age of my son so that they could arrange the room to best suit us.

Room Tip: No tips to add
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Hi heyjoe1964,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your kind comments about our Chorley South Premier Inn. We love to hear feedback from our guests and it is great to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have also informed the pub of your comments. We really hope to welcome you back to our Chorley South Premier Inn very soon.

Kind Regards,

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Receptionist was lovely, friendly and funny. Made us feel welcome and that she was interested in us. I have a terrible memory for names...could have been Janet? Arrived at 2pm on 28th July, if that would help you identify who the lady was. She had spoken to me on the phone a couple of days before, to ask if we wanted extra tea & coffee in our room and check the age of our child so she could put us in the best bedroom for our needs. She had asked why we were visiting (a friend's 50th birthday party, African themed) and remembered to ask about that when we checked in. Very impressed.
Room was lovely and spacious, very clean. Our child, 12, had her own proper bed, not a sofa folded down. I found the bed hard and as a result did not sleep very well, although my hubby and child did. As a wheelchair user, I found it easy to access the room as it was on the ground floor.
New flat screen TV was very useful.
Breakfast at the restaurant across the car park was lovely. After reading other reviews I was a bit worried, but did not need to be. Lovely variety of breakfast items, as much as you wanted.
As the hotel is away from the road, our stay was peaceful and quiet. The only noise was from others entering or leaving their rooms.
Overall, we would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Hi HappyTrippa,

First of all I would just like to thank you for your very kind review of our Chorley South Premier Inn. It was indeed Janet who checked you in and your kind feedback has been passed onto her. We are very fortunate here at this Premier Inn to have a small number of larger family rooms and therefore due to the age of your child, we were able to allocate you one of these rooms.

I have also passed on your great comments to the pub next door where you had breakfast.

On behalf of everyone here at Chorley South Premier Inn, we hope you enjoyed the African themed party you attended and of course we hope to welcome you back here soon.

Midlands,UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

In the area on business. Last night I stayed in a recently refurbished PremierInn in Plymouth so the difference between there and here was immediately apparent. The room looked a little dated and the TV was much smaller, although still perfectly acceptable. The bathroom was also smaller but still in good condition and very clean.

I had a room on the first floor that faced the carpark and pub. I could hear late night drinkers in the pub garden but they weren't loud enough to cause me a problem - I just closed the window when I wanted to sleep.

I arrived at about 10pm and the guy on reception was very pleasant and helpful - same goes for the lady on reception when I left. Typical of the PremierInn staff I have met all over the country.

I'd happily return here and I'm sure I'd be giving it 5 out of 5 if it was refurb'd to the latest standards.

Yet again I'm happy to recommend PremierInn. They are so much nicer than a Travelodge shabby dirty doss house, and there is also no worry that they will mess around with your reservation unlike Travelodge.

Room Tip: Ask to be pt in a room not facing the front/pub if you need a quieter room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
PIChorleySouth, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Hi Tilley_Wearer,

First of all, I would just like to thank you for your very kind comments on our Chorley South Premier Inn. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay here and particularly the service from our team members. As you have pointed out, we are not one of the brand new refurbished Premier Inn's however we believe the cleanliness standards and team member service we offer here go a long way in ensuring we deliever customer satisfaction every time.

On behalf of myself and the whole team here at Chorley South Premier Inn, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Clitheroe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at Chorley South Premier Inn Saturday 7th July and we had a really good stay. Carol the lady on reception was brilliant, the room was of good size and suited our needs.
We had a wheelchair user in out party and the room was adequate for his needs, i presumed the hotel had a lift, but we were upstairs and no other room available( my fault, didn't mention when booked) but Carol made every effort to help and notified all staff on duty to assist where possible. The room was comfy and clean, the breakfast was good and staff friendly, my only negative comment is that we were served our breakfast by a lady who looked like a cleaner as she wasn't in uniform, this to me was not not best practise due to food safety policies. Apart from that, our stay was really good and would stay their again if we needed to.

Room Tip: Tell Carol your needs and she'll sort it for you!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Hi martin h,

First of all, I would just like to thank you for your very kind feedback following your stay at our Chorley South Premier Inn. We strive to deliver the best quality stay and service for all our guests and I am pleased that on this occassion, we did this. I have passed on your comments to the whole of the team. Unfortunately, as pointed out, we do not have a lift here and therefore it is advised that any guest who requires a ground floor or specific room, simply call our hotel prior to the stay and we will always strive to acommodate any needs.

I have also passed on your feedback to the restaurant attached, The Yarrow Bridge. The manager is now looking into this and has spoken to the relevant person who served you your breakfast. Please be assured that this will not happen again and that your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back here to Chorley South Premier Inn in the near future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
BEST WESTERN Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club

Been to Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel? Share your experiences!