“Location Location!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Hove, United Kingdom
“Location Location!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Although Chorley North is located minutes from the M6 you are not aware of any traffic noise. It is set alongside the canal and you can enjoy a long walk on the towpath. We did not eat at the pub onsite as we had friends to visit but it looked to be popular. The staff were very welcoming and attentive. Our room on the first floor faced the car park. Windows fixed to short opening but was not a problem as there were four openers. Room and bathroom spotless. Bed good size but did not feel the mattress represented the same comfort as that advertised when Lenny Henry sinks onto his bed in the advert! Pillows okay. Could be better. But we slept well after long journey from the south and continued on next morning to Scotland.We would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have often stayed in Premier Inns, and until this one, have had no complaints.

I have a slight disability, so have difficulty walking upstairs, with bags. Unfortunately, they had me booked into "The Stable Block" - entrance is not close to the car park, and then I had to walk upstairs.

Unlike previous reviews, I did not notice any outside noise, at all!

The bed, as always, was very comfortable. Staff were friendly.

The total lights in the room did not let me read, which was very disappointing.

No telephones in room, as Premier Inns have apparently just decided to remove all the phones.
This is pathetic. I actually was shown a large box, with all the phones in, waiting to be sent to the third world. My alarm call had to be made by sending someone to the room, to hammer on my door. This is not good for staff.

I booked the breakfast, for £8.50, which was inconveniently served in the pub next door, only between 7-9am. Arriving at 7:15, imagine my surprise that all the eggs were cold (both fried and scrambled), and although the tomatoes and mushrooms were hot, the hash browns were cold, and even worse, were soggy.

Shower was too low in pressure.

Unfortunately, I had to be in this area, on business. I had to pay £63, which is much more than this experience was worth. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The stable is less noisy, but you must be fit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lee N, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you David L for your recent feedback regarding our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had to stay in our annexe building and did not quite enjoy the stay fully. I am sure that if we had been made aware and could of offered you a room in our main buiding that the team would of very happily accommodated your needs.
Your feedback regarding breakfast has been passed onto our neighbouring restaurant, if you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01257 235150 and I will happily discuss any further issues you may have had.
Kind Regards
UK
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at this P.I. for three nights. Room etc as expected, the staff were very very good and nothing was too much trouble for them. Would I stay there again? Yes I would without hesitation. Only thing I would do differently is make sure I book dinner in the pub that is nearby and caters for most residents that stay at the P.I. If you don't book, you may not get a meal, especially on a Saturday night. The Staff at the P.I were on the ball though and directed us to a smashing Chinese about 2 miles down the road.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us at Chorley North.
The team always welcome great feedback such as yours.

Once again thank you for the kind words and we hope to welcome you again soon.

kind Regards
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked into a disabled room (low sided bath and grab rails). The first room had no telephone signal and not all TV channels. No problem, the staff immediately moved me to another room and carried all my luggage. The bed was quite hard for my taste and they put 2 duvets under my bottom sheet to soften it. Not perfect but it helped a fair bit. rooms are basic but clean. Staff are excellent, courteous and helpful. This premier Inn needed upgrading - no phone in the room so if you do need anything you have to go to the reception (therefore have to get dressed appropriately to leave the room). Wish the disabled bays were policed. Lots of fit lazy people block them. Pub next door was good for the evening meal, good food, nice staff, reasonable prices.

This is much bigger than Chorley South so it is not quite so "cosy" but I could not fault the staff or their attitude. Perhaps they could have washed the glasses I used for my drink but that was about the only "complain" and I am sure if I had mentioned it, someone would have rushed in to do it for me.

In contrast, breakfast, for me, was a horrible experience. Monday morning was fine, with table service. Tuesday onwards, everything buffet. With a walking stick it took 5 trips back and forth to the table to collect coffee, juice, fruit,toast. Then I do not like eggs sunny side up so asked for fried eggs turned or splashed. this was done, but I then had to balance my place, queue and get bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes whilst supporting myself with my stick. I am sure if I had asked, help would have been offered but I chose not to ask. It was made plain that the waitress was busy (not a happy bunny). I cancelled my breakfast bookings for the rest of the week having suffered Tuesday and Wednesdays efforts. Sausages tasted cheap and nasty and were bot browned. Bacon was good quality but had just been bunged into the serving trays. The heat under the trays was insufficient to keep the food warm. Smaller amounts replenished frequently would have been much better. Frying eggs to order for those who wanted fried rather than putting a tray of congealing sunny side up eggs would be better.

will stay here again but breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you can climb stairs go up, you can hear the person above thumping around.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent feedback and great comments regardingour team at Chorley North.
I am glad to hear that we did everything possible to majke your stay with us as comfortable as possible.
The comments regarding breakfast have been passed onto the restaurant manager and will acted upon by ourselves.

Thank you again and I do hope we can welcome you again in the not too distant future.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed on Sunday 15th September 2013. This hotel is excellent value for money. Big comfortable rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. It's not luxurious but it is good quality for the price. We also had breakfast in the morning. As it was Monday morning the times were quite early 7-9am. The food was excellent and the staff were very friendly. Our only issue was that we were told that the restaurant would be locked up at 9.30am. Having a two year old daughter that is a slow eater (and going for breakfast at 8.45) this made us feel quite rushed. The breakfast room is also a little shabby and dull. Overall though we would recommend it......just go to breakfast early.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Arrived at the Premier Inn to a warm welcome.
We were staying at the Premier Inn to attend a family wedding and were surprised at how Premier Inns have improved.
We had a very spacious and perfectly clean room, with a kingsize bed and a very tidy bathroom - no horrible grout!!!! Lots of space to put things away.
Towels were changed as requested.
Tea and coffee were provided in the room.
Shower gel and soap in dispensers in the shower and by the sink. No hair conditioner so bring that along!!!
Parking was easy - lots of spaces! The hotel is next to the canal/river - lots of lovely walks nearby and cycle paths!
Breakfast was available at the pub next door - the food was excellent, the evening meals looked fab too! the staff once more very friendly.
On entering and leaving the hotel the staff passed the time of day with you and made you feel a valued customer - more than most of the expensive hotels we stay in.
The deals are fabulous at the Premier Inns and we plan to look for more deals and go away for the sake of it.
Just go!!

Room Tip: We had room 202 - at the back of the hotel - quiet and on the second floor overlooking the river.Lar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

About 15 of us stayed to attend our son's wedding held locally. Trevor on reception is a huge credit to the Premier Inn name and to Chorley North in particular. He did all could to make our stay both enjoyable and stress free and was, at all times, helpful, informative, charming and kind. Thank you so much Trevor. The hotel is in a lovely setting and our visit was perfect in all respects.

Room Tip: Rooms with a canal view are very good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Holiday Inn Express Preston South
Travelodge Preston Chorley
Travelodge Preston Chorley
#1 of 2 in Clayton le Woods
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland

Been to Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel? Share your experiences!