“great nights sleep followed by gone off sausages...”

Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Bolton, United Kingdom
“great nights sleep followed by gone off sausages...”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We checked in with Eric who was lovely at about 1a.m this morning and booked for breakfast which ramped up our bill to just over 70 pound!
We got a door knock at 9am and toddled over for breakfast.
We waited at the sign to be seated and we're squashed in to a very restricted area reserved for the inn customers.
We weren't offered a high chair and had to ask for one which was put into the gap that I had to get through so penned one into the seat.
There were 12 mushrooms, about 5 tomato's and a queue...the scrambled egg was grey, the toaster burned the toast badly, the coffee was warm at best and cold with milk despite coming fresh from the kitchen. But worst of all, the sausages had turned and had that yeasty sweet taste. One bite and it was game over for me. Some people were eating them, but many noticed they were bad but only after feeding them to children, me included. Malthouse, you should be shut down.

Room Tip: Don't bother eating there unless you have time to take off work for sickness.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lee N, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for the review you recently posted regarding our hotel here at Chorley North.
I am pleased to hear that you received a great service from Eric during the early hours you checked in at.
I am very disappointed to hear about your experience at the adjoining restaurant, this is not owned by the hotel and is a seperate company to us but they do provide a breakfast service to our guests and on this occasion have not delivered this to our specification.
I will most certainly be addressing this with the General Manager of the restaurant to bring the lack of service and quality to his attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed at this Premier Inn because it was the most convenient hotel to an "Evening Reception" [not held in the hotel] for some friends who had just got married. The hotel were perfectly adequate for my needs but, as a mobility impaired customer, I was very disappointed by the absence of any sensitivity towards my difficulties among the restaurant staff when I went for breakfast the following morning.

I have to use a walking stick and walk with a pronounced limp. Whenever I breakfast in a hotel, those two features are usually sufficient to alert the restaurant manager either to offer personally to assist me to get the various courses of breakfast to my table or to detail one of his/her staff to do so. If Chorley North is typical of Premier Inns, such courtesies are absent from the Premier Inn menu.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here at Chorley North. I am pleased to hear you found our hotel to your satisfaction, with regards to the adjoining restaurant this is not a Whitbread owned establishment I will be speaking with the General Manager of the resaturant to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just off the M61 junction 8 but seems to be in a hollow so very quiet and peaceful. Friendly welcome, the usual good quality rooms and a nice pub on site with good value food. What more could you ask for if you need a hotel in this area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality with ourselves and also the adjoining restaurant.
We do hope to welcome you again soon
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Frist class service at every turn, Stayed room 28 on the 8th Dec
Only stayed one night but the staff could not have treated us better, The receptionist on arrival was very welcoming, I went to see her 20mins after checking in as we found the room very cold, She calmly explained how to control the heating with the stat on the wall, I then found the instructuions clearly in the room, However she did not stop ther she allowed me to borrow a portable heater for the night to ensure we were comfortable, I was very happy with the service, they cared.
The resturaunt was also stunning, all the staff working hard and making some delicious foor,
I had steak and ale pie, Best Ive ever had, the breakfast- all you can eat and really, really nice,
If you are looking for a warm, friendly place to stay over, You will love this.

Thanks to all

Room Tip: Dnt know, only stayed in one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank faith-devotee
Lee N, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am very pleased that you had a very enjoyable experience here at Chorley North.
My team are always striving to ensure that all our guests thoroughly enjoy there stay with us so again thank you for the kind comments.
We do hope to see you again in the future.
Tegueste, Spain
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I usually stay at this Premier Inn with my partner. It is such a lovely hotel and the facilities are as usual, just great!
Book within a minimum of 3 weeks and get the room for only £29 ( except weekends)
The whole site is a romantic setting, the on-site restaurant area, the vast car -park and the river, which is right next to it!! Usually you can see animals in the field ahead.
A quiet place to stay. Never had any problem there! Beautiful!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee N, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent review it is always nice to receive comments such as yours, I am pleased to hear that you regularly use our Premier Inn when in the area.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stopped here for 1 night on return trip from London.Did not book in advance, just used hotels function on sat nav and came up with here.Reception staff very helpfull and the room large and clean,with a simple and efficient heating system.Food in the resturant next door was exellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank richy2203
Thank you for choosing to stay here with us here at Chorley North Premier Inn, Our hotel is in a great location for anybody travelling North or South.
We do hope that when you are back in the area you will once again choose to stay here with us.
Stockport, England
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed recently at the Premier Inn as it was close to an event which we were attending at Brinscall Hall. The experience was a pleasant one, helped by the following features: great king sized bed; helpful staff; clean and well-proportioned room; modern facilities (including wi-fi).
Although the wi-fi was only free for 30 minutes this worked for both nights we were there. Perhaps all modern hotels should offer free unlimited wi-fi?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lee N, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here. Our team pride themselves on receiving positive feedback such as yours.
We do hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Holiday Inn Express Preston South

Been to Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel? Share your experiences!