“Awful, Never Again ”
Review of The Hartwood

The Hartwood
Ranked #164 of 206 Restaurants in Chorley
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We came to this restaurant for a family meal for a birthday. Upon arrival we ordered drinks and the lemonade that i got was very obviously watered down and almost tasted like fizzy water. For starters we ordered onion rings and they were okay, however they were soggy and the dips they came with werent anything special. For main course my sister and I both ordered the vegetarian sausages and mash. I can safely say it was the single worst meal I have ever eaten and my sister completely agrees. The sausages were like glue in your mouth and the presentation was just awful. The chunky sausages were plonked ontop of some sloppy mash with some un-appetizing peas swimming around in the gravy in the bottom of the bowl. The plate I had was dirty with various smudges and stains and even a small hair.
The service we received was also very poor. Not one of the waiters once smiled or displayed any sort of manners. We arrived at 6.00pm and only received our main course at 8.00pm (when the starter plates were still on the table). My plate was slammed onto the table by a moody waitress who was quite frankly, rude.
I will not be returning to The Hartwood and had a truly awful experience there which I never wish to endure again and couldnt wait to get out at the end of my disastrous meal.

4  Thank janeadamson
There are newer reviews for The Hartwood

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I have eaten here a number of times over the past 2 years and have never been disappointed.

The menu is extensive with lots of choice, the staff are attentive and the atmosphere is good. Yes, there will usually be a large group or noisy family, but the Hartwood is large enough that you can usually find a nice quiet corner.

No hesitation in recommending this place!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Quick service and value food is all you will get. It is all very reasonably priced and can recommend it because of that. You can enjoy this place but don't go with too high expectations as the quality of food and service is variable. Drinks are reasonably priced. Toilets are clean.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ate here on a Monday night with my husband & 2 friends.
We’d chosen to eat here purely as it was half way between our homes in Preston & Wigan.

The place was fairly quiet but this was not an issue as it gave us chance for a catch up.

Drinks were reasonably priced, staff friendly and the menu was vast.

My husband & a friend ordered the devil dog and were informed that they were out of hotdogs so they had to change their orders which they were disappointed with but they seemed happy enough with their alternative choice.

I had the pizza burger which was good, but was pretty clear that it has been microwaved/reheated as it was only luke warm & near enough cold in the middle.

We tried 3 desserts between the 4 of us and they were all spot on.

Was it the best quality of food? No, but with such a competitively priced menu with lots of choices we’d definitely return.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

13 of us aged from 5 year old twins to a 74 year ate there for Sunday lunch. To save time and the children getting fractious whilst waiting for their food we chose in advance from the on-line menu. Then we found the menu had changed a few days earlier so we had to choose again. However on arrival we were able to place our order immediately with the friendly and helpful bar staff. The children's party arrived 20 minutes later just as the food was brought to the table so no hanging around for them. It is not fine dining but we were all pleased with our choices and the 3 children tucked into their food. We all had desserts and/or coffee and again the service was speedy and pleasant. For 13 different meals to be served almost simultaneously was a challenge but the staff rose to it and we have no complaints regarding quality, service and friendliness . The car park is a challenge to enter as it is on a busy road at a difficult junction but worth the effort and we would certainly return.