“Meat, meat and did I mention meat.”
Review of Skewers - CLOSED

Skewers
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Thinking of a meal out in Chorley? Ok go through the checklist.
Do you like meat - check
Do you like to feel full - check
Do you like meat - check.
I've only been here once and came away so stuffed I couldn't sleep for hours, I needed a wheelbarrow to carry my stomach home.
Meat arrives on skewers and if your card is green they will put more on your plate. A lot seems to be sausage and chicken thighs/drumsticks but the lamb and beef was really good, the beef being quite rare in the centre. I also liked the garlic bread, it was soaked in garlicy olive oil and was delicious. My only compliant was the music was quite loud and it is not a good look when the waiter stands outside the front door having a cig, but the food and quantity can't be faulted.
Not too sure what a vegetarian would eat other than the salad bar, but you go here for meat and then some more meat.

1  Thank Alifink
Stefanie B, Owner at Skewers, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Hi Thank you for your lovely review. Glad to hear you enjoyed Skewers.

The veg option has just been changed and this includes the salad bar as well as a three course meal.

Ive noted about the music and agree it can get loud at times.. will get this changed asap.

With regards to a waiter smoking.. none of my staff smoke so im not sure who you have seen smoking outside.

Thanks for your comments we look forward to hopefully seeing you soon

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was our first time at this restaurant and everything was explained to us very well by the manager. When we arrived we were stood at the door for a few minutes not really knowing what to do, i would suggest they put a sign up saying please wait to be seated. Although the restaurant is very small the tables are very well placed away from each other without feeling cramped.
when you get seated you choose your drink and then help yourself to the salad bar, then all the skewers of meat keep coming to your table until you say your full. All the meat was cooked beautifully and was very tasty. this was £22 per person which we thought was reasonable considering it is all you can eat. all in all it was a lovely meal and we will be going back. Thankyou

Thank you for your lovely review.

Thanks for the suggestion thats a great idea and i am in the process of making one.

We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a very good night with great friends our first time to this restaurant so a very pleasant surprise a good selection of skewered meats well cooked and very tasty. The waiting on was quick and attentive with a little charm thrown in by one of the waiters who thought it necessary to constantly replenish the drinks,No complaints there........We would have liked a little more skewered vegetables but over all we left very satisfied and full to the brim. Thanks again for a great night. well worth the visit.

Thanks for your lovely review. We are really glad you enjoyed Skewers

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having already read the mixed reviews about Skewers I was a bit wary to try but decided to give it a go, myself and a group of very hungry work mates with large appetites tried it on Friday night, I have spent a lot of time in Brazil and have eaten many times at the traditional Brazilian Rodizio, I was not expecting Skewers to match the South American classic but was wrong and I enjoyed the whole evening and so did my fellow diners , the food kept coming and we kept eating all I tasted was excellent and cooked to my taste , we were all full at the end of the evening , the only slight criticism was the vegetarian option that one of the group had it was not received very well but this is a meat restaurant !!! , the staff were very friendly and attentive to our needs, the restaurant although quite small was cosy with a good atmosphere, possibly the introduction of jugs of Caipirinha cocktails to enhance the Brazilian feel would go down well I think !! Anyway I will try again during the week to see if the standard can be maintained, thank you all for a great night ……

1  Thank PITCHER2013

Thanks for your lovely review.

Glad you enjoyed it and we think its a brilliant idea introducing jugs of cocktails. Hopefully this will be in place for your next visit :-)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Absolutely brilliant restaurant, something different needed like this in chorley. Went with my partner and two (very) young children and the service we received was unbelievably friendly. The meat was cooked to perfection and there was plenty of it. Definitely well worth a visit and we will be going back again very soon!!!

Thank you for your lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again soon