“Worth a trip”

The Spinners at Cowling
Ranked #2 of 203 Restaurants in Chorley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The spinners at cowling is a Friendly country pub with panoramic views over looking the Leeds to Liverpool canal. We have a wide range of home cooked meals prepared from the freshest and finest locally sourced produce. The inside has a warm and cosy country feel with a few modern twists and a fantastic snug area with a multi fuel stove which is so warm and homely .The owners Glen and Emma plus their Excecutive chef Steven Miller and his team including second chef Jason Wilkinson and a very hard working team of waiting on and bar staff that are always friendly and helpful and extremely knowledgeable look to bring your experience at The spinners at cowling a very memorable one. There is an exceptionally large choice on the bar including 2 premium beers two lager's three cask ales, Guinness, cider, and a smooth flow bitter. The back shelf provides a fine single malt whiskey selection plus plenty of fine Cognacs, Vodkas and Rums from all over the world. With a lovely decking area outside and seating across the front the spinners at cowling is lovely day sun trap. The spinners at cowling also caters for outside catering events for parties , weddings funerals christenings and birthdays ask inside for details . Glen & Emma will look after your every need.
“Worth a trip”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Lovely food, great beers and very friendly staff. Glenn was very welcoming and obliging. We ordered 2 burgers and were surprised at how big they were. The chips (homemade) went down a treat. Excellent value for money. There was live music on latter - would have liked to stay longer. Would highly recommend a trip here.

1 Thank Veryspecialkaren

“Family meal”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

After reading the excellent reviews on tripadvisor, we thought we'd give The Spinners at Cowling a try. We were not disappointed. Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and fabulous food. We will definitely return.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Steve B
Chorley, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Southern future son-in-law FINALLY impressed ( from Surrey)”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My daughter's partner Richard asked me if I knew of a pub with food he could walk to with my young grandson on his day off during the working week, I suggested the Spinners primarily due to its location. He was so impressed with the quality of the place he visited again a few days later with my daughter and my other grandson, this young family of four all thoroughly enjoyed their visit.
As a born and bred southerner Richard is used to the quality on offer in the stockbroker/premiership footballer belt in Surrey so when I heard him enthuse about the Spinners I resolved to go, when my daughter next had a day off, we visited the pub on a Tuesday lunchtime with my four year old grandson William. Everything was excellent the two young men on duty were knowledgeable, professional and polite the decor inside and out was tasteful and very clean, the real ale was excellent and there was plenty of alternatives including soft drinks - but the food was to die for (and due to my personal gastric problems should I succumb to the temptation to have their "magpie stack" which is very possible having heard the description and recognising this is food of the gods I may well wish to die). In the event I had their excellent fish finger sandwich served with Chef cooked chips, rich tartare sauce and a comprehensive side salad, this meal could have triggered my propensity to stomach irritation but it did not a clear indicator of the quality of the food and the cooking, also my young grandson had chicken nuggets from the children's menu and these were so well made with such good quality ingredients that I believe Jamie Oliver would be impressed. My daughter was very pleased with her gammon baguette (she is not easily impressed having worked in the entertainment industry) and William ate all of his lunch. I am going again today and trying to figure out a way that I could have a "magpie stack" without irritating my stomach problem, although it sounds so tempting may just have the meal and accept the transient pain later

1 Thank GeraldMills
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Spinners Arms Cowling Brow Chorley - Update”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just an update following a recent visit to the Spinners Arms. I've always loved the food here but moaned about the time it took to get it to the table, especially when the restaurant was busy. The great news is the Spinners have taken on an additional chef, who worked under Paul Heathcote at his Longridge restaurant, no less. The food is now as great as ever in taste and presentation but the waiting time has been reduced dramatically even during a busy service. The Spinners can only grow in it's reputation for providing excellent, reasonably priced food. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
“What a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ended up in The Spinners
after a day out in Rivington, not
even sure whether we would stay for a meal or just have a drink and go. I'm so glad we did stay: that fillet of sea bass was the best I have ever had, absolutely beautiful. My partner enjoyed his beef stir fry like a delighted child, to the very last noodle. I must say we were impressed by the outstanding value of the food, as it has nothing to envy other posher local places like The Yew Tree, and the standard was just as high (if not better). As for the staff: friendly and welcoming without overdoing it, spot on guys (and I can say with confidence that in this respect the Yew Tree is light years behind).
I could go on and on, I'll just say we will definitely recommend to our friends and we'll be back soon :)

PS
I almost forget to mention the beer! - excellent :)