“Wetherspoons drinkery with production line grub”
Review of Sir Henry Tate

Sir Henry Tate
Ranked #87 of 213 Restaurants in Chorley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

A Wetherspoons town centre pub with cheap beer and drinks but not much else. Lots of staff but despite this difficult to get served and no atmosphere or local taste. Good for drinkers and lots of hardened smokers hanging around outside the front doors cluttering up the place and leaving a mess. Cheap food served straight from the prepared production line to plate. If you want filling up cheaply then this is the place to go. Or try McDonalds instead. Typical Wetherspoons cash cow.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We were charged £1 entry into the pub then joined the que to order & pay for our drinks. Our drinks were full of ice but were value for money. The music was loud enough to be heard but not loud enough to stop conversations one of the busy pubs in Chorley

1  Thank Ms B
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was just reviewing a great cafe in Staffordshire at Aston Marina in Stone. It reminded me how bad the Henry Tate was in contrast. I was born in Chorley so I know it has never had a reputation for fine dining and my expectations weren't high. I was visiting Chorley for a funeral so the Henry Tate looked OK from the outside. Bad choice. An identikit interior that looked like any other chain pub. Service which was lascklustre and slow. The menu is too extensive which ensures they do lots of stuff badly rather than concentrating on some good simple cooking. I ordered fish but they didn't have any. I went for ham, egg and chips thinking they couldn't go wrong with that. It was dire. Poor quality ingredients, badly cooked. I can't believe pubs are still serving this "factory processed" stuff. It's a real insult to the customers. I would have been better off buying a decent northern pie from the nearby market and eating it in the car. Avoid!

2  Thank BrightonBelle_10
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited Sir Henry Tate Weatherspoons Chorley Lancs as I normally do when shopping in Chorley. I was with Grandson of 21 on holiday from Uni. Ordered two Chilli and Rice with soft drinks at 2.00pm. The tables on the slightly higher level were full of dirty pots, food on the floor and the waitress just wandering about. I moved some pots off a table to sit at, asked her for a cloth to clean it- she gave me one. The meal eventually arrived at 2.45 with a "hi guys sorry for the wait" then plonked the plates on the table and disappeared. The food was cold the Chilli was stuck to the side of the plate we couldnt eat it it was awful. We went to the bar and told one of the young people serving pints to men all around the bar to be told "well what do you want me to do about it" asked to see the manager but was ignored - she then walked off. We were in a no win situation so came out. The service was sloppy the place dirty and the food awful.Customer care appeared to be something the staff didnt appreciate. It will be a long long time before I go into that particular Weatherspoons again.

1  Thank maggie01Lancashire
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have seen the Sir Henry Tate a few times and wasn't sure whether to try it but I can honestly say it was well worth going in and trying the breakfast out.
The young lady behind the bar was very friendly and helpful, The breakfast was cooked lovely and there was no long wait for it either.
The seating was comfortable and well spaced apart so no crowding too close on top of everyone.
I was in Chorley all day and with the cold weather we nipped back in later for a Cappuccino and a Hot chocolate which were both gorgeous in fact a lot cheaper than any Costa and definitely far nicer too.
I will definitely return next time I am in Chorley as it is has a friendly enough atmosphere.