“Pleasant meal”

Dantes at the Halfway House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dantes at the Halfway House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 218 Restaurants in Chorley
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

As visitors to the area we were advised to try Dante's. We went on a Sunday evening and took advantage of the £17:95p three course meal deal.Good value and good food My wife had bruschetta and I had Pate'. Plenty of it and very tasty. For main I had the steak pie and the wife had duck, both meals well presented and deiicious, we felt compelled to have the third course and thoroughly enjoyed the sweets based on Frederiicks ice creams, absolutely gorgeous but made it difficult to move afterwards. A most enjoyable evening attentive staff and nice surroundings - a bit of advise, make plenty of time for your meal - don't rush it.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went with a group of friends 22/03. Very attentive and friendly staff, some of the best I've come accross to be honest. Menu pretty standard Italian fusion but food well cooked and presented. A little chaotic in the reception area on our arrival but probably hit it at it's busiest. Nice touch having a live band on at weekends which would entice me to stay for after dinner drinks if not driving but noise (band and customers) can be a little intrusive while dining. Felt the overall experience was good but also think it's a little over-priced.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Love the atmosphere of this place,not to mention the food!! My garlic prawn starter was probably one of the best starters I have ever had! We come here a lot for family celebrations aswell as just me and hubby and its never failed us yet. In fact going again April 6th and cause its a saturday you get live music too! This place is hard to beat!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Have been going to Dante's at the Halfway House on the A6 for a few years now and it never has disappointed me. Booked in for my Mum's birthday on Friday at 7pm and we were shown to the table on time, had some lovely bread, olives, feta and sundried tomatoes whilst we picked our food (ordered off the menu). Service was prompt, attentive and the food was served quickly (not too quickly, them seem to have their timing spot on). We had a pasta dish (tortellini) and 2 risottos dishes and there was no food left on the plates which is always a good sign! Really tasty food, big enough portion and we had a garlic bread to go with that. Lovely atmosphere too - there is an open-ish kitchen that you can see and this adds to the flavour of the place - lovely clean decor and the tables are spaced our well enough that you don't feel you are sat on the next table which you sometimes get in some places that cram you in.

Had a pudding and my word, I was in ice cream heaven! Went for the Banoffee Sundae and what a treat - I have a major sweet tooth so this was amazing - loads of banana in it, tasty chocolate and vanilla ice cream - perfect.

There was 3 of us and we all had a main course, a pudding, garlic bread, bread sharing starter and an alcoholic drink each and it was £68 which I thought was really quite ok as it was lovely food.

Would recommend going here - the menu is really quite extensive, there is pizza (which are great), pasta dishes, but also a nice selection of grills, fish and other dishes if people do not like pizza and pasta - salads too.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Have eaten here on numerous occassions and enjoyed but went 14th March and was very disappointed. asked for garlic bread to be served with starters, garlic bread came and starter followed 15 mintues later. Staff apologised but said pizza cooking area wasn't in with main kitchen!? So? My husband ordered a pizza but without the olives and from where we sat it was obvious that his came out of the oven - with olives- so the cook proceeded to pick them off with his fingers!! We were told a frsh one had been made, although there were traces of olives on the pizza served. My pizza was dried up, possibly due to the fact it was hanging around whilst the olives were dealt with. We did get a reduction off the bill but will think twice before choosing to eat here again.