“A Deserved 3 Star”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Prestonpans
“A Deserved 3 Star”
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We were recently at the Park Hall Hotel as a school group.

Reading reviews previous to this I was alightly anxious at the thought of going, but was pleasantly surprised.

Food was alright, hardly cordon bleu but was well presented with good service. If you think it is bad you should be going to a 4 or 5 star hotel.

Our rooms were in the Village, yards from the health club. The health club was very good, no complaints, and there are a few cubicles available, contrary to an earlier report.

The Village was admittedly an outdoor walk to the main hotel but if you can't stand 30 seconds in the rain, pay for a Bassett's room. It was a very clean family room with warm comfy beds and good bathroom.

Camelot was a very average park but a great laugh, Alton Towers or Blackpool pleasure beach aren't too far for older kids though.

It is a good hotel. The only faults I can see are that it is not good for honeymoons as yo shold take your bride to a 5 Star Carribean resort, not Chorley.

I gave it a 4 Star as it met our needs very well.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — No Internet Access
  • Stayed June 2007
3 Thank PLHS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
manchester
Reviewed May 7, 2007

just come back from a short break at the Park Hall Hotel with my son. After reading the reviews I was a bit worried about the hotel but i'm very glad I went. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff were very friendly and made it feel like a home from home. Our break included breakfast and evening meal. The breakfast was very ample with lots of choice and the evening meals were delicious. On our first night we were entertained with magic tricks whilst waiting for our meal. The theme park was right on our doorstep althought we didn't make full use of it as we were too scared to go on the big rides. We had a game of mini golf and my son beat me hands down. In the morning before breakfast we refreshed ourselves in the pool we seemed to be set in a little villa type building. In the evening there was a lack of entertainment so the receptionist, Donna, ( who was extremely friendly and helpful) provided us with boardgames. We also chilled out in our room and watched a couple of movies. I would definetly go back for a mini holiday.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank misshappyManchester
Huddersfield
Reviewed March 8, 2007

I stay in hotels every single week on Business, and i can say that this hotel was the worst i have ever stayed in. There were 4 of us booked in to stay 4 nights and fled after the 1st night.
We were allocated the 'motel' rooms that are not in the actual hotel, and you couldn't move in them they were so small. My TV didn't work, the radiator was clicking all night, the shower was awful, and the restaurant was overpriced and extremley low quality food, not to mention stone cold vegtables! I would not reccomend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Liked — There is nothing to like about this place. I was only happy once i drove out of the premises.
  • Disliked — The duty manager.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Vic1980

Travelers are raving about these Chorley hotels

N. Ireland
Reviewed January 21, 2007

We stayed in a 'village' room, which sounds quaint, but really means a group of small cheap chalets a fair distance from the main hotel. I can't comment on the standard of the real rooms in the hotel, but you pay the same for the 'village' as for the main hotel.

The rooms were filthy, we found old hairy maltesers visible down the side of the couch and ground-in dirt right around the room; the bathroom wasn't much better. There were twin beds for the kids in their room which seemed OK, but our bed was a pull-out from the wardrobe - for £120 per night you really just don't expect to sleep on what amounts to a camping bed. It was uncomfortable, and you couldn't see the TV table from the bed.

We had planned to stay for 2 nights, and take in the adjoining Theme Park, but we left in disgust after just the one night. We went to the Theme Park anyway the next day after leaving, and to be honest it was just as tacky in places, but the kids thought it was average - I suppose that's praise of a sort.

Having read some other reviews on here, I wish we'd asked for our money back.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
1 Thank ArferDent
dorset
Reviewed September 25, 2006

This hotel was booked through my work so I did not have a choice. Arriving late at night we were told to walk to our rooms in the dark with our bags to the"village"What was the village?.... a group of hi de hi type chalets with spanish sounding names! The only thing I could say was that it was clean. Other than that it was tacky and the bathroom and toilet must have been circa 1977.V ery down market and it was also a family room as it had 4 beds!Breakfast involved another walk through the village! good job it was not raining! Breakfast was ok ,non buffet and had to wait to be served although staff were polite. I would not go back but I suppose it would be cheap for families.

• Disliked — downmarket
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank twobigdogs
Scotland
Reviewed September 25, 2006

Had a really good weekend with my two children. Arrived late evening thinking we would have been too late for dinner, but the the restaurant was still open - good choice of normal food (instead of the usual junk food for kids). Staff were extremely welcoming, only drawback - lack of entertainment in the evening for children. Booked a theme room which was a good size, but in need of some TLC. Kids enjoyed the pool and the themepark.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank clancollins
North West UK
Reviewed September 22, 2006

We stayed over night after attending a "medieval night" at the hotel.

The cost was £85 for B&B.

The room was in a chalet adjoining the hotel - about 300 yards from reception.

The room was OK. Reasonably clean, but it had seen better days. Cheap furniture and a bathroom that was just acceptable - not dirty, but not sparklingly clean. The toilet flush was a bit wonky and the bath looked old.

Thin walls completed the overall feeling of a cheap motel.

Certainly, in the USA (where we have holidayed quite a bit) you would have expected to pay maybe $40 max for the room in a motel in New England. $30 in Florida.

There is a cosy looking pub maybe 3 miles away offering rooms at £40 per night - if we ever go here again (unlikely) we will simply get a taxi to there and save some money.

• Liked — Not very much
  • Disliked — Tatty, over priced
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else cheaper.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chriswith2kids
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Preston Marriott Hotel
Preston Marriott Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston

Been to Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!