“Wonderful Wedding”

Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Well I thought I would write a review for Park Hall following my wonderful wedding day 2 weeks ago.

To sum it up, Park Hall, all the staff and everything about the day was amazing.

We chose Park Hall medieval banquet hall as we wanted something a little different from the standard function room at every hotel and we were not disappointed.

The wedding coordinator Gina was absolutely brilliant from start to finish and it was really lovely that she was working on the day of the wedding so we were able to thank her for everything. She made every stage of the planning easy and was always there on the end of the phone or email to help or answer any questions.

Now onto the day itself.
We chose the winter wedding package as it included everything we wanted and at an affordable price.

The food on the day was out of this world and even my new father-in-law ate everything and he is quite fussy with certain foods. The dessert was a shortbread and cream stack and it was a lovely finishing touch to have our initials in icing on everyone's dessert. It was also really good of park hall to allows my husband to opt for a different option for the choice we made for everyone else. We chose melon and chicken as we wanted to pick options that would appeal to the majority but he wanted pâté and lamb and they were able to accommodate him on this.

The events coordinators on the day were also unbelievable. The couldn't do enough for us and were constantly checking we were happy and asking if there was anything else they could do for us. They also arranged a late check out the following day and for our full breakfast to be brought to our room rather than have to go down to the restaurant.

The venue itself was stunning thanks to Park Hall and Illusions of Grandier who were the venue dressers included in the wedding package. They took the vision I had for my day and turned it into a breath taking reality. We did arrange a few additional items with I of G and they really finished off the room.

The honeymoon suite which we had included in the package was lovely. The 4 poster bed was very comfortable and the suite itself was lovely.

We also hired the resident DJ, Keith for the evening reception and I have to say I am so so happy that we did. This was 1 area that I felt very strongly about as I feel a good DJ can play the right music thought the evening to not only get people up dancing but also to keep people up dancing all night long and the dance floor was not empty once throughout the entire evening. He was amazing and I would highly recommend him for anyone looking at booking a wedding with Park Hall.

All in all the day was everything I could have hoped for and more.

Thank you Park Hall.

• Stayed: March 2013
John M, Operations Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thankyou for your lovely comments, I will pass all comments to our team here who were involved with your day and made it so special

Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for one night whilst on a business trip. First impression of the hotel was optimistic with friendly organised staff and a fast no-nonsense check in. Room was nicely designed, clean and spacious really quite reasonable for the price. I found the lavender pillow spray to be an extra added touch that was very much appreciated after a long strenuous day. However, the hotel's wifi was very slow which was quite the inconvenience seeing as it the sole reason why I selected this particular hotel. Another low point of my stay was the restaurant service which proved to be both unprofessional and unsatisfying. The restaurant wasn't very busy but somehow it took the waitress over 15 minutes just to take our order...Our food took about an hour to arrive at our table and was quite the anti-climax as I could as salt.
In conclusion: Highly recommend hotel but advise you make reservations elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Sorry to here your stay did not reach your expectations I will look into all your commets

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked a 2 night break through Groupon. To be honest, we had pretty low expectations and to be fair, for the price, overall it was OK. There were a couple of aspects however that were terrible.

After having to change room on the first night as the heating didn't work, we then had to change again on the Saturday due to the intolerable level of noise that came from the nightclub. It was an horrendous bass sound that drives you crazy. If this kind of things bothers you, it really is worth checking with them when you book in as to whether you're likely to be disturbed by the noise in the room they've allocated.

Secondly, the food was really dire. My husband stated that he felt mildly queezy after everything he ate. - truly awful. If you're ordering from the cheaper 2 course menu avoid the steak, it was a lump of fat covered in sauce, so nasty.

Asides these two issues, the break was OK. The leisure facilities are average but the staff were friendly and the rooms are ok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, Operations Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I am sincerley sorry that your stay did not reach your expectations, we try to make sure all rooms are not disturbed by other functions however this time this seems to have been overlooked. I will also pass your comments to our Head Chef regarding your meal. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night on the 23rd of February. When we checked in the staff were very friendly, smiley and helpful. We had lunch and the food was delicious. The wifi in reception and bar area was great, but once we got to the room it just dropped off. The beds were so very comfortable, I had a great nights sleep. It was very noisy at night because there were a few functions going on, so if you have trouble sleeping through music and noise, I suggest you check to see if there are any events on that night. Luckily, this doesn't bother me at all. The shower was wonderfully powerful, but did have a tendency to blast really very hot for about 2 seconds every now and then. The rooms are very clean, although maybe a little tatty. All in all, I would stay there again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thankyou for your comments, all your comments will be looked into with the slight issues you had and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

we stayed here with work 20th and 21st Feb. The hotel is ok but a little tired in decor and could do with a refurb. The staff were very friendly and made the stay better a special mention to the two girls in the restaurant and to the girls who cleaned the rooms and to the kitchen staff who produced very nice food thanks

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thankyou for your comments regarding your stay, I will let the staff know that made your stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great hotel, very friendly friendly and accommodating staff, always up for a joke. Breakfast and service great. Modern, Wi-Fi in the room price included, large shower. We stayed there for 3 nights, and it was too short! We hope to see you again!
Short: everything was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nika G
John M, Operation Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thankyou for your comments about your Excellent stay with us I will make sure the breakfast staff are aware how good they made your experience hope to see you again soon

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is the 4th New Years Eve party we have attended at Park Hall Chorley. Not only was the party well organised and the food amazing my party of 4 decided to stay for a 3 night stay. Why? I hear you ask well you get use of all facilities, you get to eat in the main restaurant and the food is second to none, the service is great and the waiters extremely polite and helpful. The leisure area i.e swimming pool, Jacuzzi etc is very clean and well maintained. Although you would expect the breakfast on New Years day to be manic with so many people staying over, it isn't you are never rushed or made to feel like it's the end of your stay and time to go home.

Well Done to all concerned will you see us next year! Of course you will FANTASTIC <3

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter they are all great.