“Spa day experience”

Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
“Spa day experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Spent the day at park hall for a spa day. On arrival was a little scared as got sent round an industrial estate to access the spa. Staff friendly and pointed us in the direction of the spa. When we arrived there were no staff on reception and we had to wait for someone to check us in. We enquired about booking our lunch to which a member of spa staff told us it was over priced and we would be better heading to a local pub (in our robes??) All in all lunch was very nice. Pool ok but a little tired and in need of refurb. Spa treatments were very good and thoroughly enjoyed by the party. Only down side was the toilets were dirty.

• Stayed September 2012
CiaranKelly, General Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for the review about your Spa Day.

As you may be aware Cleopatra’s Beauty Salon is Independently owned and operated. I will pass your comments onto the owner who will be most interested in hearing them and will action your comments accordingly.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Bovey Tracey, Devon
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed at the Park Hall 17/9 for one night, on business. Room 112 was huge but looked out onto the roof come balcony with a view of other buildings including a compressor that was whirring away. Asked at reception and was told it shuts down at night...it doesn't.
However the room was clean but did have a funny smell in one corner reminiscent of a wet dog.
Bathroom was clean and the shower was powerful, but tended to flood the floor as the screen seal was worn.
The wi-fi is free and is fast which is a big plus.
Overall the room was slightly tired with the carpet in need of replacement. Stayed on a dinner,b&b rate which was good value.
Dinner was OK. Had what was advertised a bruschetta as a starter but proved to be an ordinary role covered in tomato and mozarella. The lamb was not fresh but of the frozen slice variety, but all was perfectly edible and OK.
Breakfast in the morning was fine .
All things considered the £91 paid for Dinner, B&B I considered to be good value and the hotel is OK for a nights stay, being close to the M6.

Room Tip: 112 is larger than normal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
John M, Operations Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, I really appreciate all comments given to us by guests. The comments you have given about your bedroom will be looked at and improvements made so thank you for bringing these to my attention. I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and thank you once again.
Fleet, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I am really surprised by all the recent reviews and wonder if we stayed somewhere completely different to them. I booked a 4 bedded room on what I thought was a Room Only basis for myself, husband and 17 & 20 year old for 2 nights for Fri & Sat 7th & 8th Sept. To keep costs down we decided that we didn't mind sharing if we had proper beds rather than sofa beds. We were surprised by the lovely gardens and grounds the hotel has. I was first a little worried when told our room was in the village part as I had seen previous reviews. However we had room 21, yes we had a stiff door but we did have a lovely clean room, and it looked just like the photos on the hotel website! fresh bedding and very comfortable beds. The huge bathroom was also spotless and had soap and shower gel. We also had an iron and ironing board, hairdryer, massive amount of drawer space, tea and coffee making facilities along with, hot chocolate, Horlicks and biscuits. They had also provided tissues, pillow mist to help you sleep (we really loved this), they had even gone to the trouble of listing t.v channels in the welcome folder which was very handy.
After settling in we then went down to check out the pool and spa facilities. Although we didn't use the spa the prices looked very reasonable, we all really enjoyed the lagoon pool, the jacuzzi and hot tubs and steam room and sauna. We were given towels to use at the pool and shower gel and hairdryers we available in the changing rooms. In the evening we did go to the local carvery which was excellent, huge portions and very reasonable. So I can't comment on the hotel restaurants as I was put of by previous reviewers but they looked ok. When my daughter realised that she had left her toothbrush behind we went to reception and they gave her a complimentary one. We were also pleased to discover that we were entitiled to breakfast so I wasn't going to argue even though I didn't book it. For breakfast we could help ourselves to fruit, yoghurt, 'Kelloggs' cereals and then the young waiter brought us tea and toast and then took our 'Full English' order. As this was all cooked fresh to order, they even made my son & daughter the biggest bacon sarnies ever! It was all delicious and couldn't be faulted. On the Sunday morning as the hotel was busier the cooked breakfast was buffet style but was still good. Before we checked out we were able to use the all the pool facilities again before our long journey home.
The only negative thing I can say about our stay was that on the website it states that the hotel is 12 miles from Blackpool (where we spent all of Saturday) when in fact it was about a 45 min drive.
I felt I had to write this review as our findings of this lovely welcoming hotel so different to recent reviews, whether we were just lucky or whether people are being picky I don't know but I do know that we will definitely go back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our Hotel. I will pass your kind comments onto all of the team who will be delighted to hear them.

We well all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next visit. Thank you once again
Amlwch, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I know this reveiw goes on a bit but please read it for your own and your family's sake and their safety..... This must be the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. When we arrived we were told that we had been upgraded due to the hotel being over booked, i dread to think about the room we should have had. We were put in a 1970s type challet away from the main hotel. They call it the village, we called it the Stalag. On arrival an our hut first thing we were greeted with was a dirty ashtray outside our door. I struggled to open the door at first but after putting my shoulder against it we got in. My wife went straight to open the curtains cos it was very dark and dingey inside. As she drew them back the electric heater fell off the wall. When i went through to the bathroom the large mirror over the sink moved as i opened the door. On closer inspection two out of four clips were loose. Back in the bedroom there was an electric wire sticking out of the wall between the beds, albeit only an earth but this obviously meant something wasn't earthed. None of the electrical items in the room had PAS test stickers on them except for the kettle but even this had expired. The room was filthy too, there was mould on the window frames and in the bathroom staines on the matresses and pillows and cobwebs all round the ceiling. I went to see the duty manager regarding the safety issues regarding the room and he offered me one in the main hotel building which wasn't up to much either. There was again mould in the bathroom and this time we had no towels in the room but as it was late and i had young children with me we accepted the room and went to Sam's Diner for a meal. Again what a mistake this was. Very expensive and a very poor menu for the kids. While we were studying the menu we saw three tables send food back to the kitchen. Two burgers wern,t cooked in the middle and a portion of garlic bread looked more like a portion of black pudding. The staff were very rude to these other families so we left without ordering. Went to a Crown Carvery pub a mile up the road, had a superb meal and cheap too. Breakfast was what we had come to expect by now, staff all seemed to be running round like headless chickens with attitude and again kids breakfast not really catered for. Couldn't wait to check out and certainly wont be going back..... EVER....!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms.....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Mark F

Travelers are raving about these Chorley hotels

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2012

having booked what I thought was a great deal, family room for 1 night inc. entry into Camelot I booked 2 nights. Although I have never stayed in a best western before they have been around a while and I thought had a pretty good reputation, I foolishly didn't check here before I booked and oh boy do I regret not doing it. We checked in & was informed our family room was situated away from the main hotel in a complex that can only be described as a concentration camp, not a great 1st impression but we went with the flow. Having got to our room and had to force the door open due to it being swollen the room was painted in the most dingiest dark uninviting colours imaginable (hopefully pictures will upload), we opened the large cupboard door in the living room where the pull down bed was situated and was met with the most dirtiest mattress imaginable stained with god knows what. I went straight to reception and the Manager came straight away to have a look and agreed it was not acceptable so offered us the adjoining room so the pull down bed wouldn't be used. Having gotten over this hurdle we went to Sam's diner well what can I say, the room smelt the waitresses shouting through to the kitchen staff, service was poor considering the restaurant wasn't busy, I ordered my food something along the lines of creole chiken with nachos, this came on fire, the nachos had been put on a sizzling skillet with the chicken plonked on top, the nacho's had burnt... no apology from anyone it was digusting. The washrooms have UV lights so what does this say about the clientel that use these facilities, we checked out 1 day early with no quibble from the reception staff! Definately could not recommend any families visit here. Best Western should be ashamed to put their name to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Michelle R
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Business drives me to travel regularly and as such I am used to Best Westerns being Hit and Miss. This is certainly a miss.
My room had an awful odour. Terrible bed and pillows and not clean. The view was of a roof covered in rubbish (nice!).
The restaurant was dirty, characterless and expensive (£2.50 for peppercorn sauce; cripes!).
I struggle to understand how one would extract atmosphere from a room. But if you would like to see the result visit the bar.

• Stayed September 2012
CiaranKelly, General Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. Your comments will be most useful in improving our Hotel for the future.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me at the Hotel so I can discuss these matters with you as this is not the standard we like to offer and I would like to fully understand the points you have raised.

I do hope to hear from you soon and thanks again
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2012

me and my family went on a short family break to Camelot all though the kids loved Camelot park, it was all ruiend we we went for dinner in one of the resturants(Sams diner) in the hotel!! we were kept waiting for a very along time ,there wasnt enough staff working ,and they were too busy organizing tables than tending to guests already dining ! kids became restless and it all became very unpleasent we missed the start of a show we had intended to watch and ended up going back to our room with very upset children ,the following morning we decided to take the kids for a swim but the lesuire center had no towels .i have contacted the hotel but as yet no response

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Preston Marriott Hotel
Preston Marriott Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston

Been to Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!