“My Amazing Wedding”
Review of Truffles - CLOSED

Truffles
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Truffles is now Bombay Brasserie. If you would like to leave a review for Bombay Brasserie, please search for "Bombay Brasserie, Chorley". We would like to thank all our loyal customers for their support over the years and would love for them to give our new Indian/English fusion restaurant a try.
Preston, United Kingdom
“My Amazing Wedding”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Although a little late with the review, we recently got married on the 27 July 2013, and had our wedding reception at Truffles. One of the many main reasons why we chose to celebrate our day here, was the food and high standard of dining.

We had 55 guests for the day and over 100 guests at night. Our meal choice for the day was stunning and every one of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the food, which is always kept to a high standard.

Luckily on the day of our wedding, the weather was in our favour and everyone enjoyed sitting outside on the table and chairs, enjoying the sunshine. The atmosphere was stunning and James has decorated the outside with flowers and fairy lights.

Naomi is such a friendly lady, and will make your stay one of the best. They all work so hard to ensure that your evenining is of high standards.

James was great with me before getting married and let me come down and speak to him on many occasions to discuss wedding decor with him and Naomi. They arranged all the decorations for me on the day and I was blown away when I saw it all. They really worked so hard for myself and our wedding party.

The only downside I would say, is that the day/evening was not long enough as I loved every minute in this little gem of a restaurant. I can't wait to celebrate again at this amazing venue. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is thinking of getting married.

Big thanks to James and his team.

• Visited July 2013
ManagementRA, Management at Truffles, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Truffles. It is lovely to know that our efforts were appreciated and that you had a wonderful day. I am glad that we had such a lot of communication as my staff and I recognise the importance of the day and really wanted to get everything right. Thank you for choosing Truffles as your wedding venue; we really enjoyed hosting your wedding and we wish you both lots of happiness.

Manchester
“'Perfect Evening'”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Another great evening spent at Truffles last weekend. The food again was faultness along with the lovely relaxed atmosphere. We have booked for the 'Indian Gourmet Night' this coming Friday which we are very much looking forward to!

ManagementRA, management at Truffles, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Truffles. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your experience, and we look forward to seeing you again on the Indian Gourmet night. It would be great to know what you think of my favourite dish- Panni Puri, It`s a mix of spicy foods in a little pastry shell, served at a hot temperature and then dipped in spiced ice water and eaten whole. I think they`re addictive! Thank you again, and we will see you very soon.
manchester
“left a bitter taste”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at truffles on many an occasion, but not so much the last few years, having 3 small children. My husband asked me what I would like to do for my birthday, as I'm also recovering from major surgery. I said I'd love to go to my favourite restaurant, Truffles, booked the table, been so excited looking on the website, etc. We arrived and were given the usual crudites, and chose our drinks.When we were shown and went to sit at the table, I noticed the slice of butter, and bread out on most tables, the last time we visited im sure you were offered a trio of butters and the bread was brought fresh. However, I had scallops, they were beautiful. My husband had the pate. We both ordered the mixed meat platter, as we couldn't decide between the lamb or the duck having had these before, it came, cooked beautifully medium rare, my husband ate the meat which was on top of the veg, when it came to eating the veg, he found a black hair in his sauce, we tried to call the waitress over, but in the end he had to go to the bar, when we returned, he found another hair in the veg, he left this 1 where it was, when James whom on all other occasions has come over, he seemed to question it, so my husband said look heres another hair, and tried to pull it out, but this was a long black hair, I'm blonde, he took the plates away, as I said I couldn't eat mine after that. I am so bitterly disappointed, I loved truffles, it was my birthday, and also the 2nd time out since my op. On a positive the medium white wine was lovely. We were only charged for 1 main, but a special evening was ruined. I can't say we will return in a hurry.

1 Thank mismb
ManagementRA, management at Truffles, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
My staff and I value all of our customers and make every effort to ensure that each visit should be perfect. I am glad that you enjoyed your starters and mains, and that your chosen wine was lovely. Unfortunately, although we maintain an exceptionally high standard of hygiene at Truffles and our waiting staff always have their hair tied back, it is extremely rare yet possible that a stray hair might find its way onto a plate. I recall that on the evening of your visit, when we were told about the hair on your food, your husband was offered an alternative from the menu which he declined, which was understandable as you had both almost finished your meals. I then took both meals away as almost all of your food had been eaten, and when you said you didn`t want it I assumed that it was because you were full. Subsequently, the price of your husband’s main course was subtracted from your bill.
I am very sorry to hear that this incident eclipsed the fact that you enjoyed your scallops, your pate, the wine and the meats in your main course, and would like to apologise again that you were disappointed on this particular visit. I am sure that should you choose to return to Truffles, you will find everything is to the standard to which you have previously been accustomed.
Preston, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant countless times and I am always impressed with the quality and service. James (the head chef/proprietor) is a very attentive host and loves to get feedback from his guests. There is always a few different vegetarian options on the menu so you have a choice of what to eat (unlike most other restaurants that offer one thing) The staff are always polite and eager to help you with any requests you have. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Chorley/Preston area.

ManagementRA, Management at Truffles, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I do welcome feedback from my guests; it is our best way of finding out if we are getting things right, so I am very glad to read that we got things right for you. I agree with you that some restaurants neglect their vegetarian guests, which is why I have several vegetarian options available, and hope that everyone can find something that appeals to them. I am also happy to adapt various dishes to suit guests with particular dietary requirements. Thank you once again for taking the time to review Truffles, and we hope to see you again soon.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Beautiful meal”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visited as a couple on Sunday evening and were the only couple there! The service was very attentive, but not overly so. The lady who served us was really friendly.

We were asked to sit in the bar area and ordered drinks. My strawberry daquiri was delicious. The decor is very nice, but the whole place just looks like it needs a bit of a clean and a spruce up. For example the menu I was given had something spilled on it and it was a bit sticky. In the bar area, the big vase on the table next to us was dusty. The curtains in the main restaurant were a little too long and where they had dragged on the floor, were dirty. The tops of the salt and pepper mills also weren't clean (I'm being picky here I know)

I would not want anyone to be put off by this because our food more than made up for it.

It was wonderful, well presented and perfectly portioned. The waitress had recommended the Chateaubriand which we really, really enjoyed. As well as chips, onion rings, mushrooms, tomatoes and salad, it was served with loads of veg and 3 delicious sauces.

We will definitely return (soon I hope!) because there's lots of other menu choices we want to try. I hope I have not been too critical and that the owner takes note of my comments, then our next experience will warrant 5 stars, I am sure!

1 Thank AlissaSam
ManagementRA, Management at Truffles, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Truffles. I am glad to read that you found so many things to commend about my restaurant, and that you enjoyed your visit. The Chateaubriand is one of our most popular dishes on the menu, but if you would like to try something else next time I would also recommend the sea bass or the lamb fillet. You might also like to try one of our Gourmet Evenings if you are feeling adventurous; we have some unusual and authentic combinations from world cuisines including Thai, French, Indian and English. With regard to the matters that you were not as happy with; please also accept my apologies. I have relayed your comments to my staff and believe that when you return the points you have mentioned will have been dealt with. Thank you once again for visiting Truffles and sharing your experience, we hope to see you again soon.