“Excellent night”
Review of Truffles - CLOSED

Truffles
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Truffles is now Bombay Brasserie. If you would like to leave a review for Bombay Brasserie, please search for "Bombay Brasserie, Chorley". We would like to thank all our loyal customers for their support over the years and would love for them to give our new Indian/English fusion restaurant a try.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went to Truffles again last night for the French gourmet night. Words alone can not describe the venue and the fayre. Absolutely out of this world, the quality of the food, the friendly staff, who can not do enough for you, and the whole evening are an experience not to be missed.
We took the option of staying the night so as to avoid driving home. Very nice quiet room and beautifully laid out with everything from towels to slippers. Definitely going again as soon as possible.

Ally

1  Thank Alastair P
ManagementRA, Management at Truffles, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of our French Gourmet evening. It is very encouraging to know that you enjoyed eating it as much as I enjoyed creating it, and I will certainly pass on your comments to my staff. We hope to see you again soon; maybe if you are feeling adventurous you might like our Indian Gourmet night… I can guarantee that you will discover a few dishes that you would struggle to find in a regular Indian restaurant.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went for Sunday lunch to celebrate my sister and brother-in-law's silver wedding. There were about 25 of us ranging from age 8 months to 82 years and we were all well catered for. The meal was excellent and we were lucky enough to be able to use the outside area to sit in the sun and enjoy a drink after the meal. The staff were very attentive and seemed genuinely concerned to make everything right for us. The chef came out at one point to make sure everything was OK.

1  Thank Happytraveller22

It was great to finally see my guests able to enjoy the outside decking area, and I am happy to hear that you all felt so well looked after. Thank you very much for your positive review, it was a pleasure chatting to you and I hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We came here for a family wedding in April 2013. It was a lovely day; the venue was ideal for around 80 guests for lunch and many more in the evening. The couple were able to decorate the space (and accommodate family and friends in the hotel rooms).

James and his staff are lovely, attentive and friendly hosts. Even allowing for a major power-cut removing electricity from Chorley for much of the day, the whole experience could hardly have been improved upon.

Overall a venue I'd recommend as a potential wedding venue, or simply for a lovely meal which you can guarantee will be served with a smile. Will definitely be returning.

2  Thank Brother T

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my restaurant. It is always a pleasure to be chosen as the venue for such an important day, and I am delighted that you had such a good time. The power cut threw a bit of a spanner in the works, but I think that in the end all the candles actually added to atmosphere which made the evening even more memorable. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Another visit to this lovely Restaurant. Again, excellent food and service in a relaxed, welcoming environment. The desserts are definately the highlight for me, absolutely delicious and there is now a vast choice of new home made ice creams which look and taste amazing!!!

I find it difficult to comprehend, after reading some recent reviews, why this Restaurant comes under quite harsh criticism? For myself, it is the best in the area and better than many Manchester Restaurants. I dont think it receives the credit to which it deserves.

1  Thank Sarah P

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a good review of my restaurant, it is always lovely to hear that my food is enjoyed, especially in comparison to Manchester restaurants. If you are a big ice-cream fan perhaps you might like to check out our facebook page sometime, as during the summer I occasionally run competitions for customers to invent and name a new ice-cream flavour for me to make. I am always intrigued to hear what concoctions my customers can dream up, and if you win, your suggestion will make it onto the menu. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Been before and will keep returning... Amazing staff, amazing food and amazing setting. Can't wait for champagne on the terrace in summer.

1  Thank Phleds

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your visit to Truffles. Hopefully the sun will make an appearance and we will see you soon.