Tripadvisor

Review of Hoghton Arms

Hoghton Arms
Ranked #55 of 248 Restaurants in Chorley
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Hoghton is located very conveniently just off junction 3 of the M65, on Blackburn Road, equal distance from Chorley and the outskirts of Blackburn. Providing great value for both families and special occasions, with a great lunch time offer through the week, and chefs own specials available all day every day. A fine selection of real ales and great wines is offered, served to your table by a friendly and passionate team.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are regular diners at the hoghton, Food is always great. I recommend the chicken ! We usually come mid week and are served by Bridget who always has a smile. Will be back very soon !

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (832)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We never drive past here without at least popping in. We love it. Nicola always remembers us and looks after us really well. The service from everyone is 100% and the food is always hot and tasty. We have never been disappointed

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love coming here the staff are brilliant. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and both food and drink are always spot on. Nicola always looks after us really well and we look forward to seeing her and the rest of the team

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Just been here with my friends for a catch up and I wish I didn’t pick such a lousy place. Got a burger which I doubled up on expected a half decent meaty burger but it was overshadowed by 4 scatty pieces of beef burger. So, I left most of this (didn’t want to complain as we had already complained about someone else’s food not being cooked correctly). We also got some halloumi fries which I will post a picture of and you can see for yourself that this is nowhere near good enough. It wouldn’t have been fair on the waiter to complain to them again so I kept my mouth shut.

Avoid like the plague

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

2 stars for the place alone - I won’t be back! Went here with family as an end to the Christmas festivities as have passed it on the road to Blackburn from Chorley many times. Average food at best! Breaded mushrooms were ok but nothing special - I ordered with the bbq dip and instead of a small pot of something sweet and smoky was told to use the squeezing bottle of Hellman’s bbq ketchup by a very rude waiter. The main meals came - 3 roast beef and a mixed roast. The meat was well cooked but not very hot. The gravy was watery and thin, lacking flavour. The roast potatoes appeared as though they would bounce if dropped on the floor and the vegetables were cold. Paid extra for pigs in blankets - don’t bother. Sausages were dry and sandy in texture and the bacon was so over cooked it was not close to being a “blanket round the sausage” all in all a very disappointing meal. The worst thing- I could’ve cooked better myself at home!