“Overall good stay but the corridor to rooms smelt damp the...”

Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Burnley
“Overall good stay but the corridor to rooms smelt damp the...”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Overall good stay but the corridor to rooms smelt damp the further down you went although the room was ok. The dining room and bar seemed somewhat depleted and the 'specials' haven't changed in several months but the quality of the food we did have was very good......but why have the pizzas gone off the menu?????

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location just off the motorway.Cheap and cheerful, very good value for money. Staff were pleasant, helpful and well mannered Had this place been next door I would consider living there perminantly for the price. Excellent budget hotel

Stayed December 2013
Bn18 0bt
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Although I had used the hotel before I found it very difficult to find the entrance in the dark and pouring rain. I went round the car park several times before I realised it was up what seemed to be the bridge entrance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Salisbury
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Perfectly good ideal as we had the dog with us and there is a large field next to the hotel where the dog could safely run around. The staff were very helpful and informative. The hotel has it's own bar and restaurant the food was very good would definitely stay at this hotel again to break the journey while driving from south of England to Scotland

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Fairly basic but clean, modern and comfortable. Excellent value. I agree with other reviews relating to the no entry signs, it is misleading and did lead to a few cars driving the wrong way in order to get in/out the hotel!

Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my husband and it has put me off staying at a Days Inn Hotel for life! When we approached the hotel I thought it looked awful and we dreaded being given one of the rooms on the outside that looked like an American Motel from a horror movie. When we went into reception it looked okay so I thought maybe the rooms may be acceptable. We were allocated a room on the first floor which was at the other side of the hotel away from the motorway so at least it was quiet. I realise that this is a budget hotel and didnt expect much but I did expect it to be clean. It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever spent a night in. The bathroom walls were full of mould which needed a good clean. The bathroom floor looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in a few years and I didn't want to walk barefoot on it. The toilet and washbasin were of an acceptable standard and the towels were lovely and clean. Onto the bedroom - again it looked as though it could have done with a thorough clean but as least the bed linen looked fresh and clean otherwise I would have been back to reception demanding a refund. One problem with the bed was apparent when I made a coffee for me and my husband and sat back on the bed which was on castors and not attached to the headboard. The bed shot forward and I fell back spilling my coffee all over me. Luckily I was fully dressed and my clothes protected me from being badly scolded. This could have been so dangerous especially for an elderly person.
We went down to breakfast the next morning expecting a tasty full english breakfast but was bitterly disappointed. The orange juice was squash, the toaster provided for making your own toast was inadequate and took about 10 minutes as it was very underpowered and the bread provided was twice the size of it which meant having to toast half of it and then toasting the other half. We then sat down on the most filthy looking furniture I have ever seen (see photos of two of the chairs). There is no excuse for this filth! The breakfast was luke warm and I asked if I could have a fried egg only to be told it would have to be made to order. I asked if I could order one only to be told the chef had nipped out and would have to wait for him to return. Surely the Chef should not be 'nipping out' in the middle of breakfast unless at least another person is able to provide a fried egg. We really couldn't wait to leave and put the whole experience behind us. We had an email as we left from Days Inn asking for feedback which said that 'if it met their criteria it would be posted on Tripadvisor'. Now all became clear, maybe the ratings on this site are better than they should be as the hotel group probably vet the reviews and don't post the bad ones. It is for this reason I have put this review on directly and not through their feedback request. Days Inn need to condemn this hotel as it certainly does not give a good impression of their group of hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamNHoney

Travelers are raving about these Chorley hotels

lancashire
Reviewed December 7, 2013

we stayed here because they offered disabled access
the young male receptionist who dealt with our booking was very helpful and courteous and even though it was not on the menu asked the kitchen if they could make us some porridge for breakfast
room was ideal for disabled use with plenty room to move a wheelchair around and plenty grab rails in the bathroom

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel
Travelodge Preston Chorley
Travelodge Preston Chorley
#1 of 2 in Clayton le Woods
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland

Been to Days Inn Charnock Richard M6? Share your experiences!