“william mc march 25-26-27 2013”

Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Dublin, Ireland
“william mc march 25-26-27 2013”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

there are only two things good about this place they are LISA andDAVID on reception they will try very hard to make your stay a pleasant one my wife and myself along with my grandson had the misfortune to stay here as we beleived it was in preston as advertised on internet IT IS A MOTERWAY SERVICES STOP the beatles song keeps coming in to my mind about HOLES in lancashire I understand the song now if you have a car sleep in it do NOT sleep here would we stay here again there are lots of things you must do at least once like visit the house of horrors . HOTEL CALIFORNIA as the song goes you can check in but you can never leave this is one hotel you do not want to check in to. if you do you cant wait to leave. IF I was a refugee from some war torn country I MIGHT stay here but if I had a choice NO!bathroom filthy .windows filthy.directions to public transport receptionist alison directed us to a pub called HINDS HEAD a mile away we could catch abus outside nightporter dave told us walk across bridge over motorway we could get a bus there LISA told us a bus runs along the road outside hotel about 20 yards from hotel door as i said two know there job the rest do not NEVER AGAIN NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Blimey, where do I start? Myself and my three children (4, 3, and 11mths) needed somewhere to stay for two nights because building work at home had gone over schedule. We live in Wigan and needed to stay fairly local so when I spotted a special £25 per night rate on Laterooms for this place, it seemed to make the decision for us, so we booked online. An unpleasant sense of forboding came over me as we pulled up in the car park. What lay before us was, to my eyes, reminiscent of the sort of dodgy roadside motel you'd see in American movies, somewhere frequented by less-than-savoury characters who were on the run and wanted for grisly crimes... "Omg," I thought, "What if we're allocated one of these ground-level rooms with external entrances that lead straight onto the car park??? Those doors don't look too secure or sturdy!! Where have I brought my children to?!" Already the alarm bells were ringing, but I tried to reason with myself that I was being silly and, afterall, it had many decent reviews on here and would surely suffice for the two nights we required. The reception area had clearly been modernised, albeit quite superficially. Freshened up a bit, rather than a proper refurb. The young chap on reception was friendly and polite and, after an initial room mix-up, even offered to help me with our many bags. However, once you ascend the stairs, which are clad in tired, grubby-looking, brown, fire-retardent type carpet, you realise quite how "budget" this hotel is. Our allocated room was number no.87, a family room and, therefore, supposedly one of the "refurbished" rooms. If this was refurbished, I shudder to think what it looked like in its former life!!! The room was small, for starters. No cat-swinging could ever take place in there, that's for sure. We needed, ideally, the double bed, the sofa bed and the pull-out bed, as well as the travel cot. The pull-out bed was not pulled out for the simple reason that there was not physically enough room to do this. The carpet was tatty and dated; removing my shoes seemed an unappealing option. The more I explored, the less comfortable I felt. The windows were FILTHY - on the inside! Mouldy and very, very dirty. Not even the windowsill had had a wipe for quite some time, by the looks of it. Furthermore, part of the window's seal was missing, resulting in a draught and highly audible noise from the neighbouring roaring M6. One of the teaspoons by the kettle was actually unwashed, still laced in what appeared to be coffee. In the bathroom, the poor level of cleanliness continued. The toilet bowl looked like it hadn't seen a toilet brush for many months, such was the extent of the grimy limescale. I began to get the urge to grab my babies and run far away from this dreadful, dirty hovel. A quick look at the bath and it was chipped and dated, with a rusty plughole. "Could I really put my little ones in there?", I began to ask myself. The answer was a vehement "Nooooo!" To top it all off one of my fellow guests was obviously opening the nearby fire exit door to indulge his or her nicotine addiction. Unfortunately for us, the vile stench of cigarettes was wafting under our door, filling our room with fumes. I despise smoking. I particularly depsise being forced to suffer other people's smoking. Off to reception I trudged to tell them precisely why I just could not stay there, certainly not with young children to consider. The aforementioned young chap was very pleasant and apologised and vowed to provide a refund. Meanwhile, I embarked on trip after trip down the long, soulless corridors and down the grubby-looking stairs to ferry my bags and my children back to the safety of the car. The more trips I took, the more worrying things I noticed. The putrid melée of odours pervading the corridors as I passed by certain rooms... The not-entirely-comforting presence of a yellow sticker mounted above a door frame, warning of an asbestos (yes, asbestos) shield overhead... Finally, on entering our room for what would thankfully be the last time, I noticed evidence of the door having been forced; the door frame was split and damaged, where a lock had obviously been broken! This was the final reassurance for me that I had made the right decision in choosing to leave and find somewhere more civilised! Perhaps, I have higher standards than some, but when I'm paying to stay somewhere, particularly with young children, I expect pristine conditions. No matter how basic or budget a place may be, it should always be spotless and safe. I cannot believe the normal nightly rate for Days Inn is in the region of £50; I refused to pay half of that for such sub-standard conditions! Naively, I didn't actually think places like that still existed. There are many, many more hotels within spitting distance of the M6. We ended up staying 2 miles from the M6 at Warrington Central North Premier Inn for £49 per night, which was superb - a lovely big room, very clean, very modern and very comfortable, a world away from the grim horrors of the Days Inn!

Room Tip: Avoid the Days Inn at all costs! Don't be tempted by it's convenient location! Stray a littl...
1 Thank Moonface3C

Travelers are raving about these Chorley hotels

Comberton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We needed to find somewhere near Ormskirk/M6 where we could stay overnight with our puppy. Days Inn Charnock Richard was a perfect spot. Bertie our 6month Golden Retriever was most welcome and his stay only cost £5. The room was clean and comfortable and well stocked with tea/coffee etc.
There was a large field next to the hotel which was perfect for dog walking. We didn't have breakfast as we had brought provisions with us. All in all our brief overnight stay was very good.

London UK
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

There are a lot worse options on the M6. This is a classic motorway services stop. No frills, yellow brick building, basic decor, in-and-out motel style.

Our small, clean room had reasonably comfortable beds, good heating, a basic shower bath that delivered strong hot water of a consistant temperature, and a kettle. What more could you want?

Free wi-fi, that's what. And they had that as well.

• Stayed February 2013
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Cheap and basic stopover for a few hours sleep. We were travelling south bound and found it quick difficult to find our way to the other side of the motorway. The sign was very small and thought we were going through a maintenance yard.
Once we crossed over the lady on reception was very pleasant even at midnight. The room was clean, tidy and spacious. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a little dated but clean. The building and rooms reminded me slightly of a holiday camp as a child. The location and price you cant go wrong.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Brilliant service, clean, comfortable, perfectly suits the purpose ie an overnight stay. We travel between Scotland and the South West of England a few times a year, have always been impressed with this convienint accomadtion, always choose to stay here, Staff very friendly, thanks Charnock Richard

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank BobandJan666
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cheap but not cheerful, the room was cold on arrival at 8pm turned radiator up to max which it remained all night but room was still cold in the morning. The TV picture was pixelated, the free wifi did not work. The toilet handle was faulty. Good nights sleep great location next to motorway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Derek R
DaysInnPeterborough, Manager at Days Inn Charnock Richard M6, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor, your comments are very valuable to us.
I would like to apologise that you where unhappy with the standard of your room.
I have spoken with housekeeping and maintenance in order to address any issues within the room and ensure it is bought back to the high standards we strive to provide.
I have reminded our front of house staff on how to communicate information on how to access our free WiFi link to avoid confusion
I once again apologise and hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Days Inn Charnock Richard in due course.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel
Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel
Premier Inn Wigan (M6 Jct 27) Hotel
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Days Inn Charnock Richard M6? Share your experiences!