“best motorway stop off on m6”

Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
rickmansworth
“best motorway stop off on m6”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

had to travel to chorley for an early morning appointment , after trawling internet found this place.

its basic, but very clean, and welcoming (could teach a few places i know a thing or two)
bed was comfortable, shower worked, rooms still have biscuits in !!

great value , and puts travel lodges to shame

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank don m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Arrived late at night after a long journey and was made to feel very welcome. The room was very clean throughout, maybe the furnishings were quite old, but the room had all we needed including free WiFi TV and tea/coffe making facilities. Bedding and towels were fresh and clean. Bed very comfortable.
The Motel had the feel of an American motel from the 60s a nice change from the norm.
All in all excellent value ideal for an overnight stop.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed November 27, 2011

great value seeing astheres free wi fi and free parking boh in the city would cost about a tenner each, we paid extra £5 for an Exec room which was spotles with a fridge and iron and coffee machine, I think they have different levels of rooms so check what your booking, seems you get what you pay for, breakfats was great value and plenty of it and also had a nice drink in the bar (dont usually see motorwy hotels with a bar - nice suprise) its is a budget travel hotel so think some commenst dont reflec on this, here plent of 4 / 5 star hotels at double the rate if thats your thing. Id be happy to stay here again. as ahalf way point to Glasgow its ideal

Room Tip: ask for an inside room they are a fiver more but well worth it
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I honestly cannot believe that companies are still allowed to sell this type of accommodation and get away with it. Arrived late at night, and was advised that a budget room of £40 was available for my wife and I. We were attending a funeral the following day, and were just relieved to have found availability. In hindsight we would have got more sleep if we had slept in the car. The shower dripped all night as did the sink, both of which were rusty and foul smelling, and the bathroom door did not close so we had to endure the dripping all night, but it was at approximately 5am when the real fun began - the central heating system kicked in and the noise was incredible. We couldn't get back to sleep - had to attend the funeral absolutely exhausted, and then make the long tiring journey back to Scotland, feeling less than refreshed. My initial response received when I raised my issues, was that someone had spent the previous night in that room without any problems, and then the Manageress' response was, that it was a budget room and therefore not refurbished. She offered me a £10 voucher off our next stay, but I will honestly never ever, stay at a Days Inn hotel again. The decor was (in my opinion) like something out of a seventies horror film, the towels and bedding smelt stale - this isn't an experience I would care to repeat, I wondered if the room had been used to accommodate dogs? it certainly smelt like it had - It shall be Premier Inn or even Travelodge in future for us. We will avoid days inn at all costs in future.

Room Tip: Keep going north on the M6 and leave at junction 31a, you will find a premier inn there, where you w...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DaysInnPeterborough, General Manager at Days Inn Charnock Richard M6, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Thank you for your valuable feedback, the room in question is not one of our Days Inn rooms I am sincerely sorry if this was not explained fully on check in. These particular rooms are usually sold as last available rooms and to walk in guests only, as they are in need of refurbishment. We normally ask guests to view these un-refurbished rooms before use so that they can make an informed choice. Please feel assured that we would have been more than happy to move you, should you have expressed any concerns to our 24 hour Reception team. Once again I apoligise you were less that satisfied with your stay with us and hope we get the opportunity to see you again at Days Inn Charnock Richard

Travelers are raving about these Chorley hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel last weekend, the staff were lovely, very welcoming and friendly! Room was great value for money and was perfectly clean and respectful, would recommend to everyone looking for a nice, clean room with easy access from the motorway as a bonus! Can''t complain about the food either, will definitely visit again :)

Room Tip: Great value for money!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Edinburgh
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed here as part of a family trip. First problem was, how to get in? The "Days Inn" bunker is securely located behind electronic gates that would do a Stalag proud. But I had been given the secret pass-number so no problem surely? After 4 or 5 increasingly frantic re-keyings of the number I had to accept that I would never make it as a safecracker and called the Stalag on the intercom for assistance.

By now quite a crowd had built up with cars looking to enter and leave this top security site, guards leaning out of the watchtowers, the regular security patrols stopping by to have 'a bit of a larf' – the usual squaddy stuff, everyone yelling out 'press enter', or even the 'hush-hush' access code. "I've tried that!" I'd yell back.

So, on the intercom back to what must be the Master Control Room in the top secret bunker that holds the "Days Inn" - probably deep underground in case of attack by a foreign hotel chain. I eventually got a response from an agent claiming to be the hotel receptionist – I saw through this cover straight away because obviously he new nothing about customer service, surely a serious flaw in his disguise? After he interrogated me however, during which we passed the identifying code words such as 'booking' and 'Mastercard', he finally revealed the secret number was so secret that it had been changed just that very morning to maintain secrecy - too secret to pass on to the paying guests however.

Excellent, I thought, I'm obviously dealing with professionals here: if the red horde comes charging up the M6 I can be reassured they will be brought to a standstill by the security surrounding the Days Inn, Charnock Richards.

Actually once we got in the Hotel was fine; you get what you pay for and it was quite reasonable. Clean, incredibly warm (opening a window exposed you to the full effect of the M6 outside – it never stops!), and with good comfortable beds and a hot shower, no complaints there. In the morning we paid the extra and got the full English, a meal that carried me easily past lunch time into dinner.

The only problem then is getting in or, even, getting out. This problem should soon be solved however; while we were there we met up with the Stalag Days Inn Escape Committee and they are on the case: a tunnel is being dug. Till then make sure you get the – latest – code for entry. Remember, careless talk costs lives…

Room Tip: Choose the side away from the motorway!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank How-did-I-get-here
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at Days Inn Charnock Richard last weekend, last minute booking, late evening and very wet with two dogs. The staff were so helpful, dogs were no problem, room warm and bed very comfortable. Reception and Bar staff very welcoming, cant comment on food as we were too late to eat in restaurant. Also despite being close to M6 the room was very quiet. We would definitely stay there again if we are in the area. Highly recommended

Room Tip: This is one of the dew dog friendly hotels we have found so a definitely recommendation
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Travelodge Preston Chorley
Travelodge Preston Chorley
#1 of 2 in Clayton le Woods
Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock

Been to Days Inn Charnock Richard M6? Share your experiences!