“Hit and Miss Pub Meals”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Leyland, United Kingdom
“Hit and Miss Pub Meals”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This pleasant Lancashire Marstons Pub offers an extensive menu and over the years we have enjoyed the many visits with friends and family.
The problem is that the standard of cooking is a bit hit and miss, sometimes everything is fine and other times not very appetizing.
With a new menu four of us tried luncheon attracted by vouchers for a complementary main meal when ordering from the main menu.
Once again hit and miss, two meals fine but two noodle and prawn dishes uneatable.
To be fair alternative dishes were offered and the offending meals not charged for, but there is no substitute for getting it right first time.
Consistent good cooking should be the aim and this will bring customers back for more..

Lancashire
“Pleasant pub meal”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

First time I ate at The Bobbin I wasn't impressed with the food but my parents have had a couple of good meals there so tried it again, for an early evening meal, the place was busy so although there seems to be some poor reviews is obviously still getting good custom. The menu has changed since my last visit and there seems to be a decent choice, including light bites (smaller portions) which my mum is glad of as she doesn''t like being over faced with big plates of food. I had the half chicken rotisserie and it was really tasty, dad's beer battered fish looked and he said was very good. The staff were pleasant and efficient, and did come round to check that the food was ok while we were eating (this does give people the opportunity to say if something isn't right, after all if they are not told they can't do anything about it!) Following this visit I would be happy to eat there again.

1 Thank ELRI49
Preston, United Kingdom
“Appallingly BAD”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Have visited on a number of occasions; never ever again. Went with my mum for lunch; waitress took our order 12.05pm; starter arrived 12.10pm; 12.45pm still no main; asked waitress who went to enquire in the kitchen; came back and said there had been a problem with the runners and food just being plated; food arrived 10 minutes later and I wished it hadn't! I ordered fish and chips; the fish was luke warm and the chips soggy, peas cold, it had obviously just been sitting under the hot plate for a while; Mums chicken was nice and hot, mash was badly done and cold and veg was hard. I had to ask the waitress again where the extra rustic bread and butter and gravy was that I had ordered; she arrived back with a board of stale bread and a dish of oil and olives; I pointed out this was not what I had ordered and showed her the menu to which I had such a vacant stare back; I just sent it back and told her to knock off the bill as by this time I had had enough. Whilst my mum enjoyed her chicken very much I left the place starving hungry having had no breakfast anticipating a hearthy lunch. Having complained again to another waitress I got 20% knocked off the bill. Marstons have a real problem on their hands as this is now the third place I have had to complain about; maybe they should spend their resources in trying to sort out the pubs they already have instead of just building new ones. I would advise people to write direct to Marstons to complain as only then will problems get sorted out.

1 Thank dianetaylor11
Preston, United Kingdom
“Try harder”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

After a few below average meals at The Bobbin, we decided we would try out the new menu and see if the food had improved. Seems not. My burger was quite obviously burnt, how this was not seen before being sent out I don't know. My partners Mixed Grill was no better. All the meat was overcooked, burnt and dry. But he is not one to complain.

We have been customers at The Bobbin Mill since it first opened but will not be eating here until we have heard that food has improved dramatically.

2 Thank 900Lucy
Chorley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not good”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is the second time we have ate here and we wont be eating here again. The breaded mushrooms where greasy and the garlic bread was soggy. Think its time for a new chef. Also the two for £10 meal menu needs updating as there is a dish on there that hasnt been served for a long time as it is discontinued. The food is nothing special just plain . Our waiter David was very pleasant and helpful. Toilets need looking at one out of order. One lock has broke and the other two done shut properly. !!

• Visited September 2013