“Really disappointed”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I have been meaning to try this restaurant for ages so I bought a Travelzoo voucher and we booked a table on 31st July. On arrival we were allowed to pick a table which was nice and the friendly manager/owner brought us menus. Unfortunately he also informed us that the mussels, squid, scallops and steak were not available as they were on order. If I had been told this when I booked a table I wouldn't have booked. I had prawn jambalaya which was very hot and my wife had some garlic prawns which were ok. We then both had the Moroccan lamb shank which was was not exactly falling off the bone tender. In fact Aldi's two minted lamb henrys for a £5 are better. I have read many good reviews of this restaurant but something must have changed.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Amir and staff are great! The food is fabulous hot spicy, mild if you need it! Always a fabulous meal whether tapas or the amazing mixed grill a must to visit. Great for families excellent when you have quality time together thank you !!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Recommended by friends and nearby Inglewood B & B, my daughters and I agreed on a tapas supper at New Season, a small but restaurant with a welcoming ambience and friendly staff. Several years since my last visit (then with excellent food, but you never know, things might change!) However, we were not disappointed - the tapas rolled in until we were all more than satisfied - the quality and variety were superb, all served in a friendly and informal atmosphere - I can't understand other comments about unprofessional staff or overpricing - this was an excellent reasonable meal, well presented - and as the title suggests - the best meal we had in our week-long stay in northern England

Reviewed June 25, 2013

There's something about this place. Apart from the excellent food, there's always a friendly welcome which is important. Worth paying a little extra for, but it's not over priced.

1  Thank Norman A
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I have visited new seasons on numerous occasions in the past and have always recommended it as one of those hidden gems tucked away with great atmosphere and great food. however, last night we decided to visit after hearing from close friends (whom I'd previously recommended this place to) had encountered bad experiences on their last two visits. As a result I wanted to find out for myself whether they had just been over picky and been unlucky on the night's they'd visited. They couldn't have been more correct, the food was dreadful. Possibly one of the worst meals I have had to encounter in the past couple of years and ridiculously over priced for cooking at it's very basic and lowest level. Where do I start? We chose the Tapas menu which was advertised as 3 for 2 dishes so ordered 6 dishes along with toasted ciabatta. The ciabatta arrived which was pleasant enough (it's not difficult to slice and warm). Then arrived a bowl of pre-frozen green lipped mussels in a luke warm cream sauce with a few peppers and onions chopped in and a bowl of King Prawns swimming in butter with a chilli thrown in. I use the word 'king' loosely, these were not king prawns and the 6 small prawns we received did not warrant the £7 price tag. Next we received a chicken dish named Shish Taouk which was dry chicken in a revolting mayonnaise sauce which had been heated (presumably) within a microwave. Somebody needs to inform the chef (loosely used again) that not only did we stop using mayonnaise in dishes back in 1980 but when heated it separates, congeals and generally becomes unpleasant. This dish was accompanied by 'King scallops' once again the use of the word 'king' is inappropriate, a scallop the size of a 20 pence piece does not constitute a description worthy of the word 'king' nor a price of £8 for two in a shell served on a piece of lettuce. I could go on and describe the other disasters that we received, sent back or just didn't eat. Needless to say both of us have felt unwell for the majority of today due to the substandard food. I eventually paid, commented on the poor quality of the food and we left with our half bottle of wine lamenting on what was an incredibly bad experience and feeling £60 lighter for the visit. I implore the owner to consider who is controlling his kitchen, it certainly isn't the same person who previously ran it and your previous excellent reputation is disappearing very quickly.

4  Thank Matt D