“Simple yet sublime”

Ranked #60 of 206 Restaurants in Chorley
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Amazing experience here, after hearing positive things about this place me and my wife enjoyed a great meal here on a Thursday night. Came in at 8pm and was greeted immediately by the waiter, turns out he was the only staff member working in the restaurant. He took a drinks order immediately and brought them equally fast. We ate off the two course menu which was very well priced at £9.50. Both had pate to start, which was fantastic. Followed by a burger and fish and chips for my wife. Both enjoyed the main and we were checked upon regularly to make sure everything was ok. Thoroughly enjoyed the food and will be back, excellent food, excellent service and excellent prices, what more could you want?

If I had to make one change it would be the decor, new upholstery would stop it feeling dated. But that's me being very picky.

There are newer reviews for The Original Farmers Arms

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Fantastic food and service
Gents toilets need a refurbishment don't know about the ladies toilets didn't go in them and the pub needs a general tidy up. But this would not stop us returning.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Another fantastic meal at the farmers arms the food is always fantastic and the service spot on and attentive. Would recommend the black pudding and Stilton fritter great tasting and the chicken burger was just as I ordered

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We decided to have an early lunch here as we hadn't been here for a very long time. I chose the Chilli con carne from the light bite menu. It was not bad but not as tasty as I'd expected. My husband had the steak and ale pie with chips and veg which he enjoyed very much. The waitress was attentive without being in your face, pleasant and efficient. We would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We came across this whilst staying at a nearby hotel. What a find! The food on the 3 occasions was great, alright chips not I like them but rest did. They did a great 3 course menu for £10.95 which was excellent.

The sandwiches were amazing, on fresh bread with lots of flavour.

kids were catered for and nothing was too much trouble for them. Shame their was no mars bar cake but the banofee was the best I have tasted!!