“Interesting!!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Chorley B&B and Inns
SWales
“Interesting!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at the Inglewood on the 3rd of December as I was visiting a friend, Jackie the Owner was very warm and smiling person that I have come across in a B&B she would go out of her way just to make you feel at home, in fact as it was only an overnight stop as I was having a fantastic breakfast very yummy indeed. It started to rain as Jackie entered the room she asked if everything okay and said yes except for the rain I forgot my brolly, Jackie commented and said you can borrow my mine that I do leave for guests in case of emergencies.

how sweet of Jackie to go out of her way for me, I enjoyed my stay, had a steak meal in weather spoon very reasonable great place town is very sweet just 20mins away walking distance all in all It was fantastic experience.. Thank you Jackie,, I would recommend when visiting Chorley just drop by and see Jackie.

Room Tip: Room 3 Is comfortable
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SWalesLoopyloo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kent
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Inglewood has beautifully furnished rooms (we looked at all of them!) and a very friendly Jackie to attend to you.
As stated by others the room was decidedly cold. My husband went on a hunt for an electric heater, found one and it warmed the room quickly. It was the same the following day though. The heating came on round about 5pm each day.
The Inglewood was clean and welcoming with lots of storage in the rooms. We had a large shower cubicle and the water was fine when we used it. 2 large bottles of shampoo to use but no shower gel. Bed was a bit softer than we'd have preferred but this is, of course, down to individual taste. Lovely linen and towels.
Breakfast was good. Amazed at the number of choices of cereal. So much so that I counted them! There were 25!!! And 7 different flavours of jam!
The ONLY reason we wouldn't go back was the soft bed, but I'd certainly recommend it if this is your preference.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
503933Jackie, Owner at Inglewood Boutique B & B, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hi Lynn,
I'm so sorry that you didn't mention this at the time. We talked often and although our other guests were at work and you were in and out I would have put the heating on all day if you had asked. However we will change our heating times in response to your feedback. If a guest would like heating on 24 hours, Room 1 has a large fire in the bedroom and room 5 and 6 have their own heaters that can be controlled by guests. Also if you would prefer a harder bed, room 1 is for you. It is so difficult to put things right for our guests if they say absolutely nothing, then publish it on the web site. Warm wishes literally. Jackie
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Being the sister of the previous reviewer I just wanted to add my own thoughts.................this B & B is by far the best of any I have stayed in. Prior to arrival I was contacted by Jackie and Sam to request my preferred room set up for the family suite and after arrival they rang again to make sure everything was ok. Both the double room and the suite were fabulously furnished and every detail had been considered....there was fresh milk available in the fridge nd pots of coffee nd tea bags in each room.....unlike so many places which only provide sachets for one cup per day!!! The information pack basically invited guests to really make themselves at home.....listing and rating nearby pubs and restaurants as well as including a selection of takeaway menus should you wish to order in and watch any of the vast range of dvds available. The beds and bedding were amazing, ensuring we all had a great nights sleep and the breakfast was unrivalled....the selection of cereals, fruits, toast and yoghurts was vast and the cooked breakfasts were cooked to order and each was piping hot and ccoked to perfection....would particularly recommend the poached egg. The issue with lack of enough hot water was disappointing but I have encountered this many times before when numerous guests are all showering at the same time.....and on this occasion the problem was largely due to a power cut which affected the timing on the heating and hotwater system....so wouldnt let this deter me from returning!!! And on top of all that.....there is the price..............the Inglewood provides exceptional value for money.......i really could not believe the price!! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will definetely return - what higher recommendation can i make!!

Room Tip: Family suite excellent for a party of 3 or 4
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank linda19660
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Amazingly friendly welcome on arrival to this little gem.
Room 1 was very nice, with a wee coal effect fire, great for a winter night.
Big comfortable bed, plush carpeting, spotlessly clean, and the only negative was the tiny bathroom, but how much room does one person need?
Tv/dvd in the room with a massive library to choose from, and good wi fi access
Breakfast was very nice too.
Jackie, you made the stay very pleasant, and would certainly return.

Room Tip: room 1, the fire is just amazing
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank maurice l
Sunderland
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My sister booked this hotel to accommodate a girls shopping weekend, it looked fabulous on the website and promised to be a little gem. I have to say the room was a generous size, with a fabulous large bathroom featuring a large roll top bath and lovely complimentary bathroom essentials. Being the designated driver i was really looking forward to a lovely soak - especially after a long shopping expedition. We were advised that if we needed to, there was an electric fire in the dining room we could use in our room. ....sadly other guests must have also been feeling the cold and had taken the fire for their use. I couldnt believe that the heating was switched off during November! Thankfully more of our party had a room with an electric fire, so we got comfy in the attic rooms to enjoy one of the fab selections of dvds the inglewood had to offer. Unfortunately in the morning i wasnt able to have a bath as at best the water was luke warm....certainly not hot enough for a bath - my sister even offered to boil the kettle to provide adequate hot water in the chilly bathroom. ....but that is one very impressive bath to fill!!
I have stayed in numerous boutique b&b's and hotels over the years and the selection of cereals and museli's is the best i have ever come across. The breakfast was delicious and cooked freshly....all in all a lovely place to stay - but maybe not in the winter months. I have to also mention the bed, warm and exceptionally comfortable. I really would have given the inglewood top marks for everything, but the complete lack of heat and hot water really lets this b&b down. Wonderfully clean, lovely furnishings and lovely decor - all in all very nice and good value....just a shame i couldnt awsrd 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Sunderlandcat
503933Jackie, Owner at Inglewood Boutique B & B, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hi,
I am so sorry about the heating situation on Saturday. We had a brief power failure in the afternoon that upset the timings on one of the boilers. I am extremely sorry that the staff who were supervising at the weekend didn't notice straight away (half the hotel is run on a different boiler that was working) and then offered you heaters instead of contacting us.
We do not have the heating turned off in November, this is an unfortunate one off incident.
I implore all our guests to ring me on the B&B number if there is a problem any time of day or night, even if we are off duty.
We have briefed our staff so this will not happen again. Our sincere apologies, Jackie
East Sussex
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Was looking forward to staying here working away with my partner, we are trying to stay away from the big hotel chains, as we feel you are just a room number, so decided to try B&B's instead.
As we live on the south coast, we had that severe storm on monday, but we set off as had appointments to attend,unfortunately we have many country lanes before we come to A roads and motorways, anyway after travelling for 1.30 hours and only getting 20 miles our route blocked 6 ways, with trees and flood,we had to turn back and go home, my partner phoned this B&B to explain but was met with a very rude person who basically said oh well your not getting your money back!!! this was 8am and they could have resold the room. so on this occasion i cant do a review but with this attitude i wouldn't return anyway.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Susan H
503933Jackie, Owner at Inglewood Boutique B & B, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hi Susan,
We have a 48 hour cancellation policy, as is clearly stated on your booking information. I am sorry that the storms caused you a problem but you cancelled in the morning and unfortunately we didn't fill the room. Despite your husband's anger and several phone calls, I remained clear and courteous. I did suggest that he could perhaps claim from his travel insurance? Kind regards
Jackie
Lytham St Annes
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night ,it was a homely & comfortable stay, it is immaculately clean
and we had a massive kingsize bed which was very comfortable.Breakfast is included and there is lots of choice,both hot & cold served by the very friendly Jackie,Yes we will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LythamStAnnesHazey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Astley Bank Hotel
Astley Bank Hotel
#1 of 4 in Darwen

Been to Inglewood Boutique B & B? Share your experiences!