“disapointment”

Ranked #1 of 11 Chorley B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“disapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had booked this through late rooms two weeks in advance when I arrived after a 220 mile journey there was no booking made. The land lady put this down to a technical hitch although I had my confirmation in black and white. I was even more disappointed to learn that late rooms also back up their bookings by sending a fax. The land lady had said this has happened a few times recently
The land lady then sent me to another b&b which had no power for the last 24 hour hours which left me in a strange city with no accommodation. I would advise anybody staying here to check and double check your reservation is confirmed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
503933Jackie, Owner at Inglewood Boutique B & B, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
This review is completely untrue. The fax didn't come through to us from late rooms, a problem that we have since resolved. The gentleman was still offered a luxury room with us but didn't want it, he wanted the biggest room in the B&B even though he hadn't booked it in the first place. I kindly sent him to Angela's because I knew that she had the big room free that night. Unfortunately because of work in the area, nothing to do with Angela's business, her electricity was cut off. He received nothing but kindness and professional courtesy. There is an element of comedy to this review however. I've never heard the small town of Chorley being described as a city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at Inglewood Boutique for a two night stay in one of the luxury double rooms with a king size bed. The bed was super comfortable, the room really cosy and very clean. We had a tv/dvd player and there is an extensive DVD library for guests to access in the dining room. We stayed on a board only basis, so I can't comment on the quality of the breakfast. However, I was very impressed that breakfast is served until 10.30am on weekends if you do wish to have it. Really comfortable, relaxing stay and I would highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
tetney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

A lovely, homely hotel. The bed was so comfortable we didn't want to get up! Everything was spotless. A nice touch is having fresh milk, I loathe uht, plus a fabulous selection of teas in the dining room. Breakfast was great, we only wanted a small one but could have had a choice. If we were in Chorley again for any reason we would stop there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mildura, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at Inglewood early in December 2012 for one week and loved every minute! Booking from Australia was easy and on arrival I found Jackie to be a wonderful host, so bright and cheerful. I had the large ground floor room which was perfect with the most comfortable bed & pillows - I slept so soundly. Naturally early December was very cold and I returned to my room to find the fire had been lit for me! Toward the end of my stay I developed a head cold and Jackie helped out with lemon juice & honey! Such caring was unexpected but very, very welcome. The building is fabulous with rooms upstairs, one of which family members stayed in for one night. Neither they nor I could not fault anything - very clean, brilliant white sheets, fabulous breakfast with such a large variety of cereals and breads for toast, as well as fruit & yoghurt, tea/coffee, or a cooked to order. Fresh milk in fridge is a bonus as I hate those tiny long life things!! Plenty of hot water in modern ensuite shower. Did not take any photos, but those already here are accurate. I recommend this boutique B&B without hesitation. Thank you Jackie & Sam, I will be back!

Room Tip: If you prefer a large bed, the ground floor room has it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
503933Jackie, Owner at Inglewood Boutique B & B, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure!! Warm wishes Jackie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this place last night and it was extremely comfortable. The bed was fabulous and everything was so clean. Jackie was so friendly and I felt very welcome. The DVD library was very handy. I loved the fact that there was fresh milk readily available. The dining room was so lovely and breakfast was tasty. Thanks very much for a great night's stay....

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Great cosy hotel. Room was very clean the bed was one of the most comfy I have slept in away from home. The ensuite was classy and modern with good shower. The breakfast and service was like being at home (as long as your mums a great cook). I could not fault the breakfast with so much choice and a quality full English to follow. We stayed due to a local party and would recommend the location as its very close to the town centre and the nearby Astley park.

• Stayed February 2013
Droitwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. More importantly, I feel it offers much better value than the large Hotel chains.

I selected the Hotel based on the number and quality of the reviews, which proved to be substantiated.

The hotel and bedroom is nicely decorated and well looked after. The bed was extremely comfortable with fresh linen. What really makes this place is the wonderful kind, caring and attentive staff.

Let's all support the best SME businesses. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rather book via the internet, I would suggest to contact the Hotel direct whom will confirm your req...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
503933Jackie, Owner at Inglewood Boutique B & B, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi Gladstone,
Thank you so much for the lovely revue. We 're so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Warm wishes from Jackie and Lavinia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel
BEST WESTERN Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Parr Hall Farm
Parr Hall Farm
#2 of 11 in Chorley

Been to Inglewood Boutique B & B? Share your experiences!