“Excellent vegetarian option”

Baku Lounge
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: *Baku Lounge is now under new management* Baku lounge is Lancashire's premier dining and party destination.Our restaurant caters for dinner reservations.Baku Lounge is available for private hire for any occasion such as:Proms Birthdays Engagements Wedding Receptions Christening reception Funeral reception / wake
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had a lovely vegetable moussaka which was delicious. Very nice, helpful staff and was even given another glass of wine because flies kept landing in it! Not cheap, but then the food is excellent qulaity so well worth it. Then again it was 30% off the night I went, so no problem! Highly reccomended.

3  Thank Debby M

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a great chilled out time on the terrace with some cold wine and some tasty food - nice treat. Even nicer was 20% off the food as it was a Thursday!

3  Thank 180Jo_Wills
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A group of about 15 of us booked a table for a Saturday night to celebrate one of my friends birthdays, when we first arrived I noticed the décor was very nice and the bar staff were lovely. The drinks are more expensive than usual but this was to be expected, after being seated and ordering our food we waited about 30 minutes until it arrived, which I thought was pretty quick considering that we were quite a large group. I ordered the Japanese chicken starter as it was around 9 o'clock and I wasn't very hungry, on the menu it was described as pieces of chicken breast marinated in ginger and lemon with a side salad and a sweet Thai chilli sauce, what I received was around 4 tiny pieces of deep fried chicken on a bed of mixed leaves and no sauce, the chicken was very dry and I struggled to cut through it with my knife. A friend sitting opposite had chosen the Baku burger which was a very small but thick burger, when he took a bite he noticed the burger was cooked very rare, as he was never given the option to how he wanted it cooked he called the waitress over who said she would replace it with a well done burger for him, about ten minutes later she returned with a new burger which was still rare. A few friends had ordered the chicken kiev and they said that the chicken was very dry and one friend in particular couldn't eat hers, when it came to paying the friend who ordered the burger and the other with the dry chicken said they weren't happy about paying as they didn't enjoy their food, the manager then came over and said they HAD to pay, he came out with a load of rubbish about the burger being made with fresh mince meat and that it was not possible for a burger of that standard to be cooked and not be pink in the middle because it would just burn on the outside, at this point I asked the manager that if the customer wanted it to be well done then could they not just seal the burger in a pan and put it in the oven to finish off, to which he replied that that would take about 40 minutes, absolute rubbish! In my opinion they take to much pride in the appearance of their food and not enough in the quality. The manager was downright rude and could not take any sort of criticism, the way we were treated was appalling, he didn't apologise about the food we were the ones being told we were wrong! I thought the customer was always right but obviously not here, after being told if we didn't pay for the burger and chicken kiev meals he would ring the police we paid up and left as we had just about had enough.

8  Thank Tiffany_0793
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great night on Friday. Wonderful food, Extra mile service by the staff, excellent.
Comfortable surroundings. Lovely venue. Would go again.
Credit to the Management

4  Thank Richard E
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a pleasant surprise, such a different venue, you would find this abroad in France, Spain etc. Relaxing inside with good music, comfortable surroundings and just different to what I have seen before.Nice food, not the best I have tasted but enjoyed what was given.
Staff were very friendly, attentive and just good customer service, which is hard to find nowadays.
Lauren our waitress was superb and a special thank you to Brandon for making us feel special

4  Thank Paula R