“well worth the visit”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Castleton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

we went to this place as we were visiting friends excellent meal even though they were extremely busy we got first class service and the food was excellent
my husband and I both had steak and it was perfect the cost of 12.95 was also a bonus for a two course meal we will be going again very soon

3  Thank lucy s
rsdeckers, Owner at The Royal Toby Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Lucy

Thank you for taking the time to review The Royal Toby and I am delighted to hear that your meal was excellent, the service was first class and that your steak was perfect. We do pride ourselves on the quality of our steaks, which are sourced from our own butchery where we can ensure that they are of the highest quality.

I have passed your kind comments to Danny and Paul and their respective teams and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate at the restaurant on a Friday evening for my mother's birthday and had a bar meal the day after at lunchtime. On both occasions the food was excellent, the duck was delicious, my wife thought her burger was one of the best she had ever had. The service was both friendly and efficient. They also serve excellent beer!

rsdeckers, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Toby Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Tryppy

Thank you for taking the time to review The Royal Toby and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed both your Friday evening and Saturday lunchtime meals, our burgers are produced in our own butchery just round the corner from the Royal Toby. Your feedback regarding the service your received was a delight to read and I know the team enjoyed reading it as well.

Many happy returns to your Mother and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have dined at the Royal Toby for many many years it gives very good value for money in classy surroundings good food steaks are great pleasant staff, certainly worth giving it a try for a lovely evening out.

rsdeckers, Owner at The Royal Toby Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Elaine

Thank you for taking the time to review The Royal Toby and I am delighted to hear that you find our team pleasant and that the food is both good and is value for money. We do pride ourselves on our steaks and source these directly from our own butchery so that we can ensure that they are of the highest quality.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We recently enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea at this restaurant during a holiday in the UK. The food was served on a three tier platter, the lowest section had three types of dainty fresh sandwiches; salmon, cucumber and ham. The middle tier had miniature lemon tarts, rhubarb crumble tarts and white chocolate cheesecakes. The top tier held fruit scones with jam and cream. All the food was fantastic. There was too much for us to finish it all. You could choose between tea, coffee, wine or beer included in the price which we felt was real value for money. The atmosphere, friendliness of the staff and the companionship of a special friend made this an awesome experience which we would definitely recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Celia C

Dear Celia

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience and that it was good value for money.

I have passed your kind comments to Danny and Paul and their respective teams and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the UK.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have been visiting The Royal Toby in Castleton Rochdale for over 20 years. This restaurant is one of three in the Decker Group. It is Restaurant with an attached motel within easy reach of the motorway.
This conversion from a former Mill owners house is full of orriginal features like the music room and other former reception rooms with original marble fireplaces as well Crystal chadeliers a feature of most rooms making it an excellent venue to take your family and friends. There are three restaurants each with a different theme located in an annexe.
The menus are a la carte with the option of taylor made orders to suit your requirement. We regularly choose the bar meals at lunch time for birthdays and other occasions The food is always to a high standard, why else would we repeatedly use this restaurant We would not hesitate but recommend the Royal Toby for quality of food, service at a reasonable price in pleasant surroundings.What a setting for a Wedding reception or even after a funeral.

Dear Barry

I am delighted to hear that you find the venue to be excellent and that your meals are always to a high standard. It's lovely to hear that you have been dining with us for over 20 years. It is always a pleasure to welcome regular guests and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.