“Our Wedding”

Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed January 5, 2011

On the 17th of October 2010 we held our wedding at The Higher Trapp Hotel. From the moment we first inquired about the hotel as a place for our wedding we knew we were in very good hands. Our wedding coordinators were Maxine and Stuart Who were very professional and gave very good practical advice.
On the day that we arrived the brides nails had been ruined in the morning and Dawn the restaurant manager overheard the conversation she was having with her sister and phoned around to make an appointment with her manicurist.
The evening before our wedding we had family and friends staying with us and Dawn showed great organization skills in getting all our various requirements fulfilled in a very friendly and professional way.
On the day of our wedding one of the staff overheard that we needed a hairdresser so he contacted a relative who was able to come to the hotel and resolve the problem.
And last but not least Stuart was the Master of Ceremonies on the day and ensured along with all the staff we had a wonderful and memorable day.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff at The Higher Trapp Hotel for making our wedding day an occasion we will never forget.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
MaxineWalsh, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your lovely comments about the staff. I am very pleased everybody went out of their way to ensure your wedding ran smoothly. Dawn and Stuart are valued members of the team and I have passed on your review to them both and the rest of the staff. I look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel

Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed here for one night midweek and found a great welcome from the staff. The hotel itself is fine, bedroom was a touch small but OK at a good price and with a brilliant view out of the window. What really made a difference though was how friendly and helpful all the staff were. For example I had a problem getting WiFi in my room but they sorted me out with a corner in the lounge where I could get a signal, and they checked up ten minutes later to see that I was getting on OK. People are friendly in this part of the world anyway but I really felt they were taking personal responsibility to see that my stay went well.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
MaxineWalsh, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2010

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Since your stay the Wi-Fi has had an update to resolve the problem you experienced. Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff, I have of course passed your comments on. We genuinely do care about our guests and I am so pleased this was apparant during your stay with us. I hope you return in the near future and thank you once again for your kind words.

Reviewed September 20, 2010

I visit the area on a regular basis and always stay here. It has a wide range of rooms and some are quire small & basic, others are large and very elegant. The views are lovely the food is always good and the staff are always friendly & welcoming. Excellent value for money and a great example of Best Western - I have stayed in a lot and this is one of the best for sure.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I have passed your comments on to all departments in the hotel. We take pride in upholding the Lavender Hotels and Best Western brand and all feedback is appreciated. Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2010

Drive up a beautiful tree lined narrow road and the hotel sits high up with amazing views from the restautant and back bedroom windows. As we ate our supper in the restaurant we were seranaded by a young man who sang and played keyboards. The breakfast was really good, with a full English Breakfast and fresh fruit, cerials, juices, etc etc.. The room was comfortable but quite tired and a little dated - but still good value for money. The gardens are beautiful. If you like to walk in the countryside then go out of the front entrance up the hill for more lovely views.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments about the breakfast have been passed on to the chefs and breakfast team. I have passed your comments on to Simon our pianist who plays on Sunday evenings, he was very pleased to be described as a young man! Please do visit the hotel again if you are in the area and thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed April 4, 2010

Stayed here for a wedding - the reception was held at the hotel. Bedroom wasn't massive and bathroom tiny but we were only there 1 night and it didn't matter. Room was clean and bed comfortable. The food at the reception was fine including the vegetarian option. The food in the evening which was a buffet was also fine. Unusual to have a breakfast where you can order what you like and it is brought to you as opposed to the normal buffet style.
The staff, all of whom seemed very young were so helpful and cheerful, nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Thanky you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the wedding and had a comfortable stay. Your comments about the staff are appreciated and I will pass this on to them all. We take pride in our reputation as a wedding venue and your comments are lovely to hear. I look forward to your next visit and once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 29, 2010

I'm not sure where other reviewers stayed, but my experience at The Higher Trapp was fantastic!
Stayed for a friends wedding. Had trouble finding it (hence the low score for location - my tomtom told me I had 'reached my destination,' but I DEFINITELY wasn't, and the signs seem to stop after a while...keep going!). Was able to check in early, staff on reception were very friendly. We had a room in the lodge across the car park and not in the main hotel, which I didn't think was ideal, but the room was fantastic - and of a MUCH better quality than some of our friends rooms who were in the main building. King size bed (maybe not king size, but defo huuuge!), massive LCD tv, shower so powerful it was like getting a massage, and lovely views over the moors.

The staff handled the wedding beautifully. The toastmaster/supervisor Jamie really had a handle on the team and we were all pleased with the service. The food was great - roast potatoes a bit overcooked maybe, otherwise fab!

Resident DJ - bit ropey. Really not sure 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' by Bonnie Tyler and 'Don't Talk Just Kiss' by Right said Fred are the best songs to be playing when starting the evening reception, but hey...

Breakfast - beautiful. Service perhaps a bit slow, but we didn't turn up until 10 minutes before they were due to finish. I don't think I've ever had a plated breakfast served to me in a hotel before. Bit dodgy that breakfast was served in a room that has a bar in it, and the cereals and fruit juices are lined up on a table in front of the beer pumps - that's not ideal after a night on the ale!

I'll probably never even be in the area again, but I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel as a fantastic venue for a wedding.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
MaxineWalsh, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your lovely comments regarding the staff and the wedding reception. I have passed your comments on to Jamie and the rest of the team. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the newly refurbished Room 26, all the rooms in the annexe have since been refurbished. Our resident DJ plays a variety of music to suit everyone , particularly requests from each Bride & Groom and he does take requests from guests as well. Thank you for your review and I hope you do visit the hotel again.

Reviewed January 1, 2010

We went to a wedding as vegetarian guest's, the soup was reasonable but main arrived, it was cold, tasteless and had the texture of sliced rubber, the desert okay. The layout of the room's were the wedding was held left a lot to be desired, it seemed to resembled a rabbit warren and was very dark and uninviting.
The night reception buffet was cold unimaginative and nothing really for vegetarian, we went home very hungry and very clad we did not stay the night.

• Stayed: November 2008
MaxineWalsh, Maxine Walsh, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2010

Thank you for your review and your comments. We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience at the Higher Trapp Hotel. I am surprised by your comments about the food and the wedding facilities as we normally receive many compliments and recommendations about both. However I welcome your comments as we look upon these as areas where we can improve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
#3 of 6 in Burnley
Stirk House Hotel
Stirk House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gisburn

Been to Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!