All reviews fitzys bar the main hotel ribble valley rag pudding short break wedding venue lovely view restaurant manager pendle hill wowcher deal lovely hotel evening meal lovely grounds bridal suite lovely room food was lovely wedding reception
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

The bedroom was a disappointment compared to the beautiful main building. I could have been walking into a Premier Inn. The room was very basic and there was underwear and socks from a previous male occupant left in the drawer.Another drawer front wasn't even attached and fell on the floor. The breakfast was also a let down. The food had been kept under a heat lamp making the bacon stick together and too hard to bite into or digest. The staff were young but very helpful, polite and friendly.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Hannah R
HtrappGM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at the Higher Trapp Hotel.
I am disappointed to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay. I can only apologise for the items that had been left by a previous occupant, I have discussed this issue with our housekeeping team to ensure that this does not happen again.
I have also passed on your comments to the chef regarding your issues with breakfast.
Its great to hear that you were looked after by all the staff members.
I do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
Kind Regards
Jamie Proctor

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Had an overnight stay here this week and really wish we could have stayed longer. Only a Standard bedroom but well fitted out - and I was particularly pleased to see an ironing board and iron in the room (hate looking creased!). Lovely bathroom and everywhere scrupulously clean. Very comfy bed and such a peaceful night as no traffic noise.
Staff are the friendliest I've ever met and I can't fault the service in the bar and restaurant. Good menu, lots of choice, and well presented. Husband loved the cooked breakfast, and I enjoyed the fresh fruit and choice of pastries etc..
All in all, well worth staying here in this lovely part of the world - and the photos don't do it justice.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear of hotel overlook the beautiful gardens
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pookie099
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Been staying here for over 7 weeks in total and I am happy with it. The food is great and staff friendly. If you are staying here and the restaurant is too busy/ loud, then ask to be served in the library. Only little downside is lack of a gym. Recommended.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank 280_Nights_In_Hotels
Reviewed September 7, 2018

We got married at this beautiful venue on 30.06.18. We had an amazing day. The venue itself is outstanding and the staff could not do enough for not only us, but all our guests too. From our enitial meeting and look around, to booking our day and confirming all details later on, the staff were professional, friendly and very polite.
The whole day went without a hitch, everything ran smoothly, the food was delicious, the recommended DJ was FANTASTIC! & we still get comments from our guests at how amazing the day was.
If you are looking for a stress free wedding day with excellent service, look no further than The Higher Trapp Hotel

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Called in on our weekly luncheon date with friends, place really looks good now after the refurb. Ordered Fish and chips and Lancashire rag pudding. It cam in good time anf we thoroughly enjoyed thefood. Going to pay he bill we were told that having chosen of "Fittzys FAvorites" we were entitled to 2 for one, so great value.
Fish and chips were great!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends