“Great service in a great location”

Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here to watch the mighty West Ham United beat Burnley on Tuesday. This is a lovely hotel located in superb Lancashire countryside close to Pendle Hill. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly and made us feel very much at home. They serve a good breakfast in the bar area which also sells a great local Burnley brew. I recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Ribble Valley.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is lovely to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the beer (not at the same time I hope!).

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Booked this excellent hotel on the offchance useing Tesco vouchers so wasn't expecting the best room, what a lovely surprise, the room was the largest in the annex perfectly clean and comfortable in a quiet location. The staff were very pleasant and accomodating, the food was good and if you ate early you got a good deal, the only complaint would be the uncomfortable chairs in the bar/restaurant, well you can't have everything.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for lovely review of our hotel, I am please you enjoyed your stay. We try to make sure that all our guests have a room suitable for their requirements and I am delighted you were please with the room you were allocated. Next time you stay, why not try the comfortable booth seating in Fitzy's bar?

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We are fond of the higher trapp,as we were married here,so good memories. Lovely buffet served,salads,cooked meat /or lancashire hot-pot,very tasty too !!. We had a good view of the beautiful gardens.FEB in the morning.

Room Tip: over looking the beautiful gardens.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Glad you enjoyed the buffet, we hope you come back and see us again.

Warm Regards

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I have been staying for some weeks now at the Higher Trapp hotel while I have been working in Blackburn. We have been delighted to find this hotel--it has been perfect for me to be comfortable and well looked after while going to work each day. For my husband, it has been a fantastic base for him to discover the beautiful area. The hotel has a real family feel and the staff are all very friendly, warm and helpful-nothing is too much trouble. The food is a high standard, there is a wide variety and the chefs and waiters/waitresses all try hard to make sure it just as you would like it. The rooms are comfortable, very clean and homely. We will be returning here for some time even after my work is finished.

Room Tip: All of the rooms we have had so far have been great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your delightful review of our hotel. I am so pleased you have enjoyed staying with us recently while you have been working in the area. I will pass on your praise to our team, it is always appreciated. We look forward to your return in 2014.

Warm Regards

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights recently and this hotel is very peaceful. We stayed in the annex and it was extremely quiet. Food was good quality, rooms comfortable and clean, but pillows not what I am used to. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am pleased you found our hotel peaceful and quiet. It is a shame you did not find the pillows as you would like them. We do offer a selection of pillows should guests require a different thickness or type of pillow.

I hope you will return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Having stayed in several French hotels in the last couple of months it was nice to be in the Higher Trapp and experience the kind of comforts that an English hotel has to offer: huge rooms, well provided with facilities such as irons, hairdryers etc, sensible bathroom arrangements, tea and good biscuits provided free and, above all, freshly cooked breakfast. The staff are all, so far as I could tell, young and local. If they occasionally get things wrong they easily compensate by being helpful, friendly and down to earth. Dinner is not as good as breakfast, but the beer is excellent (not that I drink it with breakfast, you understand).
I often visit East Lancs and this hotel would be my Plan A for the foreseeable future.

Room Tip: The front has the good views and the ends of the hotel may be better at weekends when there is likel...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again when your are visiting east Lancashire.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Spent one night here prior to a Wedding, when we booked they asked for a non refundable deposit which I thought was odd for an international chain? Check in was fine and the room was adequate all though the double bed was a bit small!! Went for a drink in the bar and the local ale was superb! One draw back, a couple had a dog in the lounge on an extending lead and letting it run about to the full extension of the lead, if it wasn't running about it was sitting on the furniture. The staff were feeding it tidbits and then going to serve guests, thats really not on. The nights sleep was ok but we were awoken early by the couple next door talking quiet loudly so the walls are a bit thin. Breakfast was cooked to order and couldn't be faulted. The food at the wedding was very good too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry you were not happy with the other guests' handling of their dog. We do advise guests to keep their pets under control, however this advice is not always taken on board. Any staff members touching or feeding pets of course wash their hands before handling food or serving guests.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the wedding at the hotel and the breakfast the next day. I hope you will return to the hotel in the near future.

Maxine Walsh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Stirk House Hotel
Stirk House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gisburn
Holiday Inn Express Burnley

Been to Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!