Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
$69
getaroom.com
Sparth House Hotel(Clayton le Moors)
$93
$51
$49
PremierInn.com
Travelodge
All reviewsthe main hotelfitzys barribble valleyrag puddingshort breakwedding venuelovely viewrestaurant managerpendle hilllovely hotelbridal suitewowcher dealchristmas partyboth nightsevening mealfood was lovelylovely grounds
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I got married here on 6th Oct 2012 and I stayed over the night before with my bridesmaid and the wedding night with my new husband. It was the best weekend of my life! The staff and quality of service were outstanding. I stayed in the bridal suite both nights, we ordered room service and booked a mobile beautician to pamper myself and my bridesmaid. Nothing was too much trouble for the hotel staff and they were always friendly and happy to help. The room was very clean, spacious and fully equipped with everything we needed. The wedding day itself couldn't have been more perfect. We booked out the entire hotel with our guests and every one of our guests had a lovely stay. The morning after the wedding we all went down for breakfast together, causing more mahem but again this was nothing the hotel staff couldn't handle. The food for our wedding and breakfast the morning after was delicious. Thank you to everyone at the Higher Trapp for a fantastic weekend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel. I am delighted we helped you to have a fantastic wedding day with us and the photos you have added are beautiful. I hope you will both return to the hotel soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights (mon - Fri) on business. I was put into a room in the Parker Lodge which is an outbuilding about 100mtrs from the main hotel. It was nice and quiet away from the main hotel and the rooms appear to be quite new or refurbished as everything was very clean and fresh. Comfortable room, warm and light. Food in the restaurant was very good (although not a huge choice) and breakfast was good. Service excellent with all staff being polite and responsive. Would stay again
One small point - replace the failed bulbs in the vestibule areas of the Lodge as it's quite dark and difficult to read the room numbers from outside the building.

Room Tip: Rooms in Parker Lodge are quiet but you have to walk across the car park about 100mtrs. May not be ideal in bad weather or if disabled
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay in the Parker Lodge. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, your feedback will serve as a motivational tool. The lighting you mentioned outside the bedrooms has been looked at by maintenance since your stay. I hope you will return to the hotel, and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the higher trapp and felt very comfortable and relaxed, the rooms are lovely and clean and very well stocked with tea coffee horlicks and hot chocolate, the food is excellent with a very high choice of variety, reception staff are very friendly and are morethan happy to help, I would definitely stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank for completing the trip advisor review. We value your feedback and can use this as a training tool. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We booked again for 2 nights after staying here last summer briefly. This time we stayed in main building rather than in the annexe (Parkers lodge). It was nice not to have to go outside as it was cold and very wet while we were there, but there was much more noise from guests going to bed later than us and from a party on the Saturday night. Rooms further along the corridor which are not above the centre of the building would have been quieter.

The service was very friendly and the food was good in a traditional style. Sometimes we had to repeat orders for food and drinks as the restaurant staff occasionally didn't remember to bring what we'd ordered. But staff were responsive to requests and always helpful and pleasant.

The view is stunning, because of the high location. However, having booked through Best Western, I think the cheaper rooms face away from the valley and we could see that the fancier rooms (as featured on the website) are the ones with the great view over the garden and the hills, as we could see into them when the rooms were being serviced.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room, ask for one situated away from the centre of the main building. If you don't mind walking to and from the annexe, that is also quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted you chose to stay with us a second time. The bedrooms overlooking the gardens are available to any guests, Next time you stay, you can request a garden view room if there is one avialable. The Parker Lodge is generally quieter if we have a function taking place in the main hotel which is why we try to allocate guests not attending a function to the quieter rooms.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked 1 night as we're attending a family 40th birthday. We live locally but never visited before. The staff were very friendly and helpful, food was very good at the family meal in a lovely room. Also breakfast was good. The room was exceptionally clean and adequate, not as big as the ones in the pictures, but was fine for us. The fitzy's bar was lovely and had a really nice atmosphere. Food prices very reasonable for a hotel and bar prices what you would expect to pay for a hotel. Also the price we paid for B&B was very reasonable. Overall a lovely hotel in lovely surroundings, it would be lovely to attend a wedding here! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 17 was fine but smaller than the pictures I've seen of the hotel, but was adequate.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our establishment. I am delighted you had an enjoyable family celebration in the hotel and I hope you will return for other occasions in the near future. I will pass on your review to the staff who served you during your stay. I am pleased you had a comfortable stay, we are a country house hotel so our rooms are a variety of shapes and sizes but all provide the facilties you would expect. Many thanks once again.

Kind Regards,