Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
$72
$69
$88
$70
Premier Inn Burnley Hotel(Burnley)(Great Value!)
$61
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Burnley(Burnley)(Great Value!)
$47
Travelodge
Forest(Fence)
All reviewsfitzys barthe main hotelribble valleyrag puddingshort breakwedding venuerestaurant managerlovely viewpendle hilllovely hotelbridal suitewowcher dealchristmas partyboth nightslovely groundsevening mealfull english
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the higher trapp and felt very comfortable and relaxed, the rooms are lovely and clean and very well stocked with tea coffee horlicks and hot chocolate, the food is excellent with a very high choice of variety, reception staff are very friendly and are morethan happy to help, I would definitely stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank for completing the trip advisor review. We value your feedback and can use this as a training tool. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
Maxine Walsh

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We booked again for 2 nights after staying here last summer briefly. This time we stayed in main building rather than in the annexe (Parkers lodge). It was nice not to have to go outside as it was cold and very wet while we were there, but there was much more noise from guests going to bed later than us and from a party on the Saturday night. Rooms further along the corridor which are not above the centre of the building would have been quieter.

The service was very friendly and the food was good in a traditional style. Sometimes we had to repeat orders for food and drinks as the restaurant staff occasionally didn't remember to bring what we'd ordered. But staff were responsive to requests and always helpful and pleasant.

The view is stunning, because of the high location. However, having booked through Best Western, I think the cheaper rooms face away from the valley and we could see that the fancier rooms (as featured on the website) are the ones with the great view over the garden and the hills, as we could see into them when the rooms were being serviced.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room, ask for one situated away from the centre of the main building. If you don't mind walking to and from the annexe, that is also quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted you chose to stay with us a second time. The bedrooms overlooking the gardens are available to any guests, Next time you stay, you can request a garden view room if there is one avialable. The Parker Lodge is generally quieter if we have a function taking place in the main hotel which is why we try to allocate guests not attending a function to the quieter rooms.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked 1 night as we're attending a family 40th birthday. We live locally but never visited before. The staff were very friendly and helpful, food was very good at the family meal in a lovely room. Also breakfast was good. The room was exceptionally clean and adequate, not as big as the ones in the pictures, but was fine for us. The fitzy's bar was lovely and had a really nice atmosphere. Food prices very reasonable for a hotel and bar prices what you would expect to pay for a hotel. Also the price we paid for B&B was very reasonable. Overall a lovely hotel in lovely surroundings, it would be lovely to attend a wedding here! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 17 was fine but smaller than the pictures I've seen of the hotel, but was adequate.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our establishment. I am delighted you had an enjoyable family celebration in the hotel and I hope you will return for other occasions in the near future. I will pass on your review to the staff who served you during your stay. I am pleased you had a comfortable stay, we are a country house hotel so our rooms are a variety of shapes and sizes but all provide the facilties you would expect. Many thanks once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have just returned from a 2 day break at the higher trapp inn simonstone nr burnley
(20/10/12).
i originally booked only one night saturday 20/10/12 direct with the the hotel by telephone several months ago, the said the would e-mail me with the confirmation ,no e-mail arrived
a few weeks later i checked by telephone if we had a booking for this date and was informed that everything was in order for our stay.
the week before we were due to go, we decided to stay a extra night so i rang the hotel again and confirmed that a room was available and the room rate would apply of £60 B&B per night.
so we booked the extra night and again the said they would e-mail me a confirmation

.Again NO E_MAIL ARRIVED we turned up at the hotel and was given a nice room away from the hotel in Parkers lodge down a very steep slope and was not adivsored that it would have been a lot easier to collect the car and transport luggage and wedding suits etc diect from car to room.
We have a lovely meal in the restaurant on friday evening served by a very good team of bar staff and waitresses with a proffessional lady who was the restaurant manager (I think her name was Dawn)
Could not fault the food and service in the bar and restarant.

On checking out the bill was presented for £60 for the friday night and £85 for the saturday night.
I queried this and was bluntly informed that I must have booked the first night with Best
Western not direct with the hotel. the hotel had cheaper room rates.
When i informed the receptionist that i had booked direct with the hotel and was promised a e-mail confirmation twice she had comment.
When you arrive at a Hotel with no e-mail confirmation it is only word of mouth.
Always insist on e-mail or letter confirming tariffs from this hotel before you arrive.
Reluctantlly we paid the bill and left,

Room Tip: always have room rates confirmation in writing/book direct with hotel bar and restarurant service excellent
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I am sorry you had issues with your booking prior to arrival to the hotel. Your first night was booked through Best Western central reservations and not direct with us as we have a confirmation of your booking directly from the central reservation office. I am pleased you find the staff in the restaurant helpful and proffessional, I will make sure your comments are passed on to them.

Many thanks for your comments, we take all feedback onboard. I hope you will not be deterred from staying with us again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

A second review from my most recent stay ay Higher Trapp. The one thing that slightly disappointed me before was the slow service at breakfast. I'm happy to report that this has been resolved and there are now more staff on the breakfast service. It's nice to know that action has been taken on customer feedback. Keep up the good work, I look forward to visiting again shortly!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review our hotel, I am delighted you have returned to stay with us. All feedback is taken onboard, we are genuinely interested in our guests' opinions and act on custumer comments on a daily basis in order to contunually improve our offering. Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back next time.