“Hotel with a fascinating history”

Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Hotel with a fascinating history”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The original grand house was built by a successful tea merchant and the stained glass on the main staircase is staggering. We chose this hotel because it is handy for cycling the Leeds/Liverppool Canal. The room was fine if a bit dated. The leisure centre was nice and the gymn a good size and very well equipped. The staff were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: If you want a restful stay ask for a room on the top floor. It is a bit of a trek with a lot of sta...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of your stay. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the experience. The hotel does indeed have a fascinating history. I look forward to welcoming you back again.

David Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Would like to thank all the staff at the oaks hotel for making our wedding day so perfect.
The staff worked so hard all day and nothing was too much to ask for. Our bedroom was beautiful and clean with so much space. The breakfast was lovely as was our food during the day and at night.
Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback with regards to your recent wedding and stay. I was delighted to hear the team looked after you so well. I will share your comments with all the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Millport18
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I arrived late on in the evening and the welcome was fine. I had a long walk to my room up and down stairs - typical of a converted property with an extension. When I finally got there it was a suite - or so it said on the door. It was just a standard room but with a four poster bed in my opinion. Nice refurbished bathroom. The person on the first floor above me must have been a heavy guy because the nice he made moving about was very annoying. The bed was fine. Didn't eat in the evening and had a quick breakfast and left. Breakfast was fine. Useful property for an overnight if you are working in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can look after you again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice enough rooms. Good selection of teas/coffee/hot chocolate and more and bottle of water. Modern and decent size tv with freeview with sky sports and sky one. Powerful shower. Wifi can be a bit temperamental and disconnects often, seems to differ from room to room though. Wifi speed measured at 2Mbps so once you get a signal it's fairly decent. The restaurant leaves a lot to be dessired. Didnt have great expectations although was pleasantly surprised by the selection available. However I'm afraid to say the execution was pretty poor. Steaks did not seem to be great quality and would be surprised if they weren't supermarket bought. Fish was overcooked. Chips pretty tasteless. I have no idea why these aren't fresh cut chips rather than frozen out of a bag. There are also some bizarre combinations such as steamed mussels with grated cheese. I think they would be better going back to basics and making really simple good tasting food.
Overall it's fairly good value and rooms are good. If stairs are an issue for you then this isn't the hotel for you but for most people it isn't an problem. Stayed during the week so can't comment on the noise from 'event nights' but it was perfectly quiet during the week. Pool and gym facilities were good. Just do yourself a favour and don't eat in the hotel if you would like a good meal.

• Stayed July 2013
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am disappointed to hear that not all aspects of your stay were positive. I will be using your feedback to ensure we improve the service we offer our guests in the future.

Yours sincerely
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Renewed our wedding vows on 19/07/13.excellent organisation from Donna and team.food beautiful,location excellent as were all the amenities.staff very friendly and helpful.our party booked 20 rooms and there was not one complaint from them.me and my wife stayed again 03/08/13 and again everything was above standard.we have just booked again for 16/08/13 for the seventies night and looking forward to it.many thanks again to Donna and all the staff.

Room Tip: Speak to staff to advise on your requests
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Best Western Oaks Hotel and Leisure Club, I am delighted to hear you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in for the 70's night..

Kent
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here whilst away on business , firstly the building is very old and quirky what I thought was lovely however the food was shocking very bad and the food was badly under cooked including chicken , the rooms were very small and had a damp smell also beds were worn and needed replacing as had lumps in mattress , I was on the ground floor and my view was a brick wall and had water leaking down one of the walls I asked reception to move rooms and was told no. they offer free Wi-Fi however I couldn't get connected once during my stay I was told its broken. overall I would say it was a poor experience and not a place I will be returning

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gary00
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, I was sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as positive as it could of been, We strive to continually improve our service offered and I have taken on board your comments and passed these onto the revlevant departments within the hotel.

I apologise that you could not move rooms as we were fully booked, the internet was down in the area due to external issues which was out of our control.

If you wish to discuss your stay further don't hesitate to contact myself.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently visited the hotel along with my partner and our 23 month old son. The hotel was in a lovely setting and only 10 minutes drive from the town centre. The staff at the hotel were very polite and very helpful. The room was a lovely size although a little bit of a walk from the reception. The swimming pool was very relaxing. Breakfast was beautiful very fresh and hot. Plenty of choice from the continental buffet and English breakfasts could be personalised. Would defianately recommend this hotel for families or couples.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Best Western Oaks Hotel and Leisure Club, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

David Martin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Burnley
Travelodge Burnley
#6 of 6 in Burnley

Been to Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!